• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Banned
LOL at that Berserk tease.

Why on earth would you "tease" a game by featuring the camera longingly going over the body of someone that got raped a bunch.

It's an iconic scene because of how awful it is, but it's mind boggling to choose that for a frigging musou teaser.

Haven't seen it because I don't care about Musuos, but did they really use
the Caska rape scene for the teaser
?? What?

Lomax

"Skyrim Special Edition also brings the full power of PC mods to consoles. New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more – with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience."

I have no words for this.

I feel like that's the more amusing part to highlight on the Steam description. Yay for cut and paste.

Corpekata

Banned
Haven't seen it because I don't care about Musuos, but did they really use the Caska rape scene for the teaser?? What?

It's basically tentacles caressing her naked body and then zooming in on the mark thingy I forget the name of, which is why someone on the previous page asked if it was a hentai.

Uzzy

So Chris Avellone's working on this, apparently.

CkzdpeyVAAAycNb.jpg

Teeth

RPG writer working on a shooter script. Angels weep.

The new Prey is going to basically be Deus Ex/Dishonored crossed with System Shock.

I don't get why people are shitting on it, it's probably going to be awesome if it fulfills that promise. It has nothing to do with the original Prey and that's the best thing in the world. Who gives a shit what it's called? "Prey" is a cool name on its own.

zkylon

zkylewd
So wait, are they pushing this as scifi Skyrim? Scifi Dishonored? I still don't understand how this IP is worth more than just creating something new.

they need to use the name for something or they lose the property?

something like that

Uzzy

I just hope he's the lead writer, and not just writing a few characters that'll get cut for being too complicated for modern gaming audiences.

The new Prey is going to basically be Deus Ex/Dishonored crossed with System Shock.

I don't get why people are shitting on it, it's probably going to be awesome if it fulfills that promise. It has nothing to do with the original Prey and that's the best thing in the world. Who gives a shit what it's called? "Prey" is a cool name on its own.
It just seems like a waste of talent to put someone like Avellone onto yet another shooter. I really don't believe Prey is aiming any higher than that, at least based on that brief trailer.

Things could change, I suppose. But until then I will be all grumpy.
no it's another hero shooter

That's Quake Champions. Prey is just a teaser trailer at this point... I think they described it as a "psychological shooter" or something like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
the stuff they're talking about prey makes it sound like it's legit system shock stuff

with the addition of mca and this new game arkane steps up to be one of the most interesting studios around

DasFool

Bethesda's showing was paltry at best.

- League of Quakerwatch (hope I'm wrong about this and it's just modern Quake 3)
- 100% copy and pasted Hearthstone
- DLC for Elder Scrolls Online. Pass.
- DLC for Fallout 4. Pass.
- Prey 2 that looks nothing like what Prey 2 was hyped up to be over the past 5 years. Needs more information.
- VR that sounds like it doesn't actually let you play the game? (not too sure on this one)
- Dishonored 2 appears great. The terrible animations are carried over from the first game, but that's just a small nitpick. Optimistically looking forward to it.
- No Wolfenstein nor Tango Gameworks news. Such a shame.
- Skyrim Remastered. Good lord, is this the most redundant PC release ever? Not only is it touting mods as a feature (something the game has had since its inception), but they have the audacity to charge $60 for it, too? I've always hated how Bethesda simply refuse to fix fundamental flaws with their games and now, they are ADVERTISING the fact that their fanbase will repair their broken systems. Get your head out of your ass, Bethesda.

"Skyrim Special Edition also brings the full power of PC mods to consoles. New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more – with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience."

"Skyrim Special Edition also brings the full power of gullibility in gamers to the forefront. New smoke, mirrors, ruses, deception, lies, and more - with a modding community larger than Todd Howard's bank account, there are no limits to what you can dump onto Steam."

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'd say you should be more specific, but it's actually more amusing not having any idea what you're talking about.

I'm gonna guess the Berserk tease.

If you're at work or home, call someone over to watch it with you. If you're in public, call over a stranger and make a friend.

zkylon

zkylewd
berserk trailer is somehow even worse than the mighty number 9 trailer

it's astonishingly out of touch with absolutely everything

Adnor

Banned
berserk trailer is somehow even worse than the mighty number 9 trailer

it's astonishingly out of touch with absolutely everything

I don't even want to watch the teaser now because that scene is so strong in the manga that it made me genuinely uncomfortable. Which is the point, it's supposed to make you uncomfortable and
feel bad for Caska
, not think "oh hell yeah Berserk is so edgy!" so I don't know why they choose it.

Vibranium

Banned
Chris Avellone working on Prey, bitches.

Next thing you know Todd Howard will call him up to help Bethesda Game Studios with their dialogue systems. (He should do this).

zkylon

zkylewd
the worst part is that it's made sort of "erotic", which is kind of like so fucking wrong. it's probably the worst trailer i've ever seen? like literally gratuitous shots of out of focus suggested tentacle rape into a logo. i really can't imagine any trailer ever being any worse than this

also idk if i'd spoil berserk here, i know it's an old ass thing but berserk is so cool and thankfully i managed to not not get it spoiled before i read it this year so idk, maybe spare people even if it's super old?

Chris Avellone working on Prey, bitches.

Next thing you know Todd Howard will call him up to help Bethesda Game Studios with their dialogue systems. (He should do this).
no

don't waste chris avellone on bethesda games

no

no

no

Adnor

Banned
also idk if i'd spoil berserk here, i know it's an old ass thing but berserk is so cool and thankfully i managed to not not get it spoiled before i read it this year so idk, maybe spare people even if it's super old?

You're right, fixed.

Pixieking

Banned
It's like Origin and uPlay, right?
A place where you can buy Bethesda games and download their new Steam-like client to play the games.

Yeah? I suppose, what I mean is, things like mod integration, and whether their games will still be Steamworks (buy on GMG, register on Steam), or if they're going full-uPlay, and only place to get Steam version is on Steam.

Thankfully, they're not going full-EA (yet!).

zkylon

zkylewd
You're right, fixed.
thanks

i know it's a bit unrealistic but u know, it's something worth keeping under spoilertags because of how good it is

True. The pain of never getting another Obsidian-level Fallout hurts though. :(
yeah i definitely feel you, but i don't think beth games are a good use of mca's talents

he needs to work on a story ass story rpg that isn't all campy and like pointless

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah? I suppose, what I mean is, things like mod integration, and whether their games will still be Steamworks (buy on GMG, register on Steam), or if they're going full-uPlay, and only place to get Steam version is on Steam.

Thankfully, they're not going full-EA (yet!).

GMG lists "Other DRM" for Dishonored 2 so unfortunately it looks like they are following Ubisoft and Rockstar's lead.

AHA-Lambda

Still going through that Bethesda archived stream, and holy shit Battleborn lives? o_O

EDIT: just realised I forgot the name of it, not the Gearbox game, the Bethesda MOBA-esque game that was shown off a couple years ago. Clearly it left such an impact that I can't even remember the name.

EDIT 2: Battlecry! that was it!

Nordicus

yeah i definitely feel you, but i don't think beth games are a good use of mca's talents

he needs to work on a story ass story rpg that isn't all campy and like pointless
The man loves dark humor and tragedy.

In Neverwinter Night 2 Mask of the Betrayer, 2 of your potential love interests can straight up get murdered, or lose a major battle and be forever disgraced in their endings. The fucking stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom