• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
So what shall i play, South Park: Stick of Truth or Bioshock Infinite?

Also is Mars War Logs really that bad? I somehow got it in my library.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I just played through Stick of Truth, I really liked it. Somehow the combination of South Park and Obsidian works really well. It's not too long either. For an episode of South Park it's really long, but for a game it's only about 14 hours.

Bioshock Infinite's pretty neat too, depending on your expectations. Not nearly as much farting on people as South Park though.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So, uh, something weird happened.

wtffhk24.png

I was looking at my Steam Purchase History when I noticed a chargeback for Saints Row IV's Game Of The Century Upgrade Pack on June 3 2016. The thing is,
I never submited a chargeback.

When I click it, it only say's I purchased it in 2014, which sounds about right. Although i'm not sure I bought the GotC Upgrade pack. I thought I purchased the Season Pass. Not entirely sure about that.
EDIT: I don't own the Game Of The Century Edition, just the Season Pass. Which makes all of this even weirder.

The DLC is still in my account and I didn't receive any money from the suposed chargeback.
I have no idea what happened. Can anybody clear this up for me?
It's freaking me out. :p

redlacs

speaking of south park, you may first want to (re)watch the three "Xbox vs. PS4" episodes of season 17 which the game loosely follows. (the trilogy starts with Black friday episode).
while its not necessary story-wise, it will nicely set the mood and intensify your enjoyment of the game

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wouldn't worry just yet as the game isn't pre-purchasable, which may suggest that GMG doesn't actually know anything about the keys and simply wanted a store page up.

Update: I asked GMG about this and "Other" is indeed a placeholder:

Thank you very much for your ticket.

This would be a placeholder for now as the last one was redeemable on STEAM so will this one.

If you have any further questions or queries, please reply to this ticket/email.

Sch1sm

I was looking at my Steam Purchase History when I noticed a chargeback for Saints Row IV's Game Of The Century Upgrade Pack on June 3 2016. The thing is,

When I click it, it only say's I purchased it in 2014, which sounds about right. Although i'm not sure I bought the GotC Upgrade pack. I thought I purchased the Season Pass. Not entirely sure about that.
EDIT: I don't own the Game Of The Century Edition, just the Season Pass. Which makes all of this even weirder.

The DLC is still in my account and I didn't receive any money from the suposed chargeback.

Pretty sure Season Pass + Base Game essentially == Game of the Century Edition, so it's genuinely no worry, really. 26 DLC in Season Pass, 26 DLC in Game of the Century Edition, then there's the Gat Out Of Hell standalone sitting separately.

Considering Game of the Century edition released SU 2014, and you bought in 2014, maybe you did buy that edition, but I can't explain that extremely late chargeback at all. Keep scrolling through purchase history - it'd tell you if you purchased Game of the Century.

This fall is full of good games. Now only issue is to find enough money to support it XD

Sell your first born child, your liver, maybe a kidney. Should more than make up for it.

Or, you know. Buy them in order of which you'll immediately play and pick up the rest over time and save your wallet the ache.

Tomasety

Check Payment Disputes and Chargebacks support page.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6687-HJVM-8966&l=english

You should check if your account is restricted btw.

ArjanN

i'm gonna accept it's a shitty trailer for what's most likely gonna be a shitty game and not let affect my appreciation of the excellent anime and manga :>

Pretty much, every time they just basically find and replace the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms license with Gundam/Zelda/One Piece/Hokuto no Ken/Berserk etc.

Port quality aside it's still going to be a Musou game, so you'll run around a big field slashing at hordes of braindead enemies with mediocre combat, and I doubt even the Berserk license can carry that.

Anteater

*Berseria

Also, I just watched the Berserk trailer, ok, it's not as bad as people are making it out to be - though to be fair, it's meant to be a game so they definitely should have gone with something less cringe-inducing.

it's just bad because of the context, casca was literally raped in that scene

Jadax

Yes but it was part of the manga - not like they made it up specially for this game. Also, it sort of was a big event in the manga that had far-reaching consequences, so I can understand why they might have thought it'd make a good 'teaser-trailer' of sorts.

I'm looking at it purely from a manga-perspective, no real-world connection or whatever.

So whats the big deal?

Somehow everytime in videogames a rape is shown as a kind of story-element, people think its bad.
Then you look at TV shows or movies (especially GoT), where it actually helps.

Anteater

Yes but it was part of the manga - not like they made it up specially for this game. Also, it sort of was a big event in the manga that had far-reaching consequences, so I can understand why they might have thought it'd make a good 'teaser-trailer' of sorts.

I'm looking at it purely from a manga-perspective, no real-world connection or whatever.

it's just the focus of it that's distasteful, but yeah I mean if you're coming from the point of view where you want to disturb the audience then it makes sense, but at the same time you can tell they're "sexualizing" it with the camera which makes it gross

So whats the big deal?

Somehow everytime in videogames a rape is shown as a kind of story-element, people think its bad.
Then you look at TV shows or movies (especially GoT), where it actually helps.

nah i'm not complaining about that scene tho, it's the intention of the trailer

i'm not outraged or anything :p

Tellaerin

no

don't waste chris avellone on bethesda games

no

no

no

Yeah, the last thing any of us wants is a repeat of New Vegas. ; )

Sorry, zky, I had to.

The Mako was awful. The Mako is awful. It handles like a whiffle ball on wheels.

There is a reason why Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games.

Because you really enjoy running down endless sci-fi hallways filled with crates? >.>

Lain

Catch Me got patched and there are no longer network errors, so I got the chance to play, finally.
My first impression from the tutorial part is that the game is quite... catchy. It's fun to try and grab all the money in a level while making use of the least amount of props and not getting caught.
For the 3.74€ price of the early access it's a nice little game.

Anteater

fuck pretty sure I saw the unreal bundle for 7.50 bucks on gog yesterday, went back to check today and it's $15, I guess I missed a pricing error

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Desert Operations: Diamond Package -- MB-9EC958DFFA853141 - Taken by voodooray

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Titan Quest is getting updates because Nordic purchased it and their entire shtick is zombifying modestly known properties and making DLC / sequels way past their time. See Spellforce 2, which got a "sequel / standalone expansion" like 7 years later.

Any plans they have for new or original content should be met with a lot of trepadation, especially when Grim Dawn already exists and improves on the formula so much.

I think you're being a bit unfair to Nordic. For example they were excellent in updating Red Faction Guerilla and ripping out GFWL and making updates/fixes instead of leaving it to rot. Sure you could argue it was easy money but still nice to see it not being left in the GFWL bin.

gar3

I am giving away a Steam key.
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Victim of Xen -- MB-7ABC6E7067B95FBA - Taken by ExoSoul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom