• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

I think it was RU-exclusive on consoles, too. Steam's now smarter about detecting when a VPN is being used, so you're pretty much screwed. :(

Seems like Estonia had it too and I think it's region free.

And they just changed something and I can cart it from Finland too now

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/6890/

but it fails due to

AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries Yes
PurchaseRestrictedCountries JP

But japan region doesn't have it in store.

So maybe it's coming, but they messed up.

Jazz573

Posting this here, because I figure at least SOMEONE in this thread will be interested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Game From Key in Development

It's going to be a new major (they use the term mainline) multi-route Key VN, so not like Harmonia or Planetarian.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems like Estonia had it too and I think it's region free.

And they just changed something and I can cart it from Finland too now

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/6890/

but it fails due to

AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries Yes
PurchaseRestrictedCountries JP

But japan region doesn't have it in store.

So maybe it's coming, but they messed up.

The Japanese version of Mafia 2 has its own app. I think whoever oversaw the game's return to the store got mixed up and was under the impression that the Betrayal sub they were editing was intended for Japan.

Tellaerin

This GOG Connect thing is just sitting here now.

I wonder if they already hit the daily limit on Steam API calls or something. :s

Eila

This GOG Connect thing is just sitting here now.

I wonder if they already hit the daily limit on Steam API calls or something. :s

Welp now it says
Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience.
No biggie here. I don't need the DRM-free versions today or next week.

Ronan

Neo Member
nPZE9vA.png

It says this now if you refresh, I was stuck on processing.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm having a hard time thinking of a time GOG offered a free game in some capacity and it didn't break their site.

Eila

Yo early days but Senran Kagura appears to scale very well. I was getting 60 fps on my toaster laptop @ 720p. I must check further, because I didn't get very far. The intro was very long and unskipabble.
As I understand the games are mousou like with dozens of enemies so that's the real test.

Eila

Quick question: If my wife is watching me play it will she divorce me?

Nothing really perverted or something you won't find in your average movie, but I tried it yesterday and found it incredibly dull and corny. Some stories are meant to be told, and this one was just an awkward internet romance. I had to stop playing, and it turns out I only played for half an hour.
I guess it being different would be the best thing I can say about the game.

Quick question: If my wife is watching me play it will she divorce me?
Did your wife give you shit after watching a lewd movie?

Aw thanks for a new thread on my birthday guys, I really appreciate it. I'll try and put together a giveaway later today.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Gear Score" in The Division is a great dick measuring tool, I'm so glad they added it. I love being kicked from groups just because of my small score. Thanks Obama Ubi.

I didn't miss your bday this time. Happy bday!

Nzyme32

waiting for the original mafia to come back on steam like

skpc1.jpg

This so much. I've been wanting to play the original Mafia since I beat Mafia II. It looks really good.

Happy to have owned from way back when it was available. It is utterly brilliant, and I actually hope you haven't watched any of it or read anything, since it may surprise you. Holds up well even today, with the only downside being driving getting a bit laborious if played too often.

Sex is bad. Violence is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwZhKGgmoUI

[the gigantic Stone Head hovers before the worshipful horde of Exterminators]

Zardoz: Zardoz speaks to you, His chosen ones.

Exterminators: We are the chosen ones!

Zardoz: You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!

Exterminators: The Gun is good!

Zardoz: The Penis is evil! The Penis shoots Seeds, and makes new Life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the Gun shoots Death and purifies the Earth of the filth of Brutals. Go forth, and kill! Zardoz has spoken.

Now here's something I didn't expect to see:
8DT8uAX.png

Admittedly, Senran Kagura is literally just out, but it's still pleasing to see it above CSGO The Witcher 3 on the Top Sellers list. Also, props for Stanley Parable making an appearance.

PaulSane

So, after an hour or so of playing Sanran Kagura i can safely say that the port is good - it runs at stable 60 fps, loading times are almost non-existant. Although there were couple of fps drops when i tried playing in fullscreen instead of borderless. The only problem so far is the lack of anti-aliasing, i think i'll try to downsample with GeDoSaTo - i've read that this game has the exact same engine as Neptunia U, so it should probably work.

Oh, and the game itself is great, too :p Very fast paced and responsive, all the DLC seem to be included as promised based on the number of DLC items in the shop. I'm specifically not talking about "life and hometown", since that's just a bonus to me in these kinds of games - gameplay\story\writing are and will always be the main points i'm judging games on, and so far, i'm really liking what i'm seeing :)

P.S. i've already made almost half the game cost back by selling cards :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom