• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madn

How does the subscription to the Humble Monthly work? If I just want this month and not the next one do I have to unsubscribe before or after I receive the keys?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
and that's why i think he is from here.

SHOW YOUR SELF,IT'S NO USE.

316430.jpg

I can't be since I'm 100% Cheesecake Factory fan.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
How does the subscription to the Humble Monthly work? If I just want this month and not the next one do I have to unsubscribe before or after I receive the keys?
Since you've already been charged for this month you can probably unsubscribe whenever.

You won't be charged for next month until June 20 something so just unsub by then.

So GOG Connect was adding games but they don't show in my library and now connect is empty.
Since it went just live and many assaulting the service at once, it can be hit and miss. I just got all 8 eligible games added to my GOG account. Took me many, many refresh and retries. Just keep on trucking. It's bound to work sooner or later.

Arthea

So GOG Connect was adding games but they don't show in my library and now connect is empty.

I suggest just wait some, it can't cope with amount of huge team libraries to scan, I think.
Happened to me too, frozen on adding for a long time, I've checked way later and games were in my account then.

DMTripper

Not sure if right place but could somebody send me a invite to the steam group please? My steam name is in my profile. Thanks a lot :)

Arthea

For now only 22 games are eligible for gog connect, full list:
gogconlistoik9y.jpg

edited: there will be different eligible games in the future

We'll be doing our best to expand GOG Connect in the future! You'll need to import new games when they're added, so stay tuned and check back regularly to see if anything new has been added.

Since you've already been charged for this month you can probably unsubscribe whenever.

You won't be charged for next month until June 20 something so just unsub by then.

You can unsubscribe after all the month's keys are out, not just after being charged.

Humble Monthly games have become the gaming thing I look forward to the most nowadays.

Tellaerin

GOG Connect kept telling me it couldn't connect, so I kept refreshing.

Now it's stuck on "Processing your request..." and has been for about the past five minutes now.

Maybe that means it's doing something (I hope)?

Popstar

I wonder how that GOG thing plans to counter people scamming games by buying them on Steam, getting the GOG versions and then refunding the Steam version.

I should check and see if they have a FAQ.

EDIT:
15. If I no longer have the game in my Steam library, do I still keep it on GOG.com?
If a game is removed from your Steam account for any reason, such as through manual deletion or a refund – we reserve the right to remove the games from your GOG.com library.

dex3108

I think it was RU-exclusive on consoles, too. Steam's now smarter about detecting when a VPN is being used, so you're pretty much screwed. :(

There is still hope that key for DLC will pop up somewhere and that it won't be region locked XD But it is stupid that it is still region locked in 2016.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder how that GOG thing plans to counter people scamming games by buying them on Steam, getting the GOG versions and then refunding the Steam version.

CDP probably figured that people who'd entertain the idea would ultimately rather just take the easier route of pirating the game from the off.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

There's a FAQ on the connect page, and it says:

If a game is removed from your Steam account for any reason, such as through manual deletion or a refund – we reserve the right to remove the games from your GOG.com library.

Corpekata

Banned
CDP probably figured that people who'd entertain the idea would ultimately rather just take the easier route of pirating the game from the off.

Ding ding ding.

People always getting worried about these refund systems when the hypothetical abusers have so much easier alternatives.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

her story (awesome game much recommended) -- MB-003472135C951551 - Taken by Jalal
broken age (ehhh) -- MB-9A0EC2FC794BFE58 - Taken by Regginator
cibele (i quite liked this one!) -- MB-F41201D506E3EECD - Taken by dave is ok
read only memories (haven't played, sounds good) -- MB-CCE12AF045859DB9 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado

cibele is a cool game i relate very strongly too, i hope whoever snags it likes it as much as i did

Tellaerin

I don't see how they could. Still, considering that the games on GOG are DRM-free anyway, I figure that anyone who'd want to scam for free copies would just download them off a torrent or something and not bother with buying and refunding. :p

RE: Senran Kagura -

Love the blurb on the store page:

The non-PC buxom shinobi of SENRAN KAGURA, the brawler series that’s as over-the-top with its fighting mechanics as it is with its gratuitous depictions of female ninja in various forms of undress, invade the PC realm for the first time in HD and 60fps glory.

It's kind of refreshing that they're so upfront and unapologetic about what we're looking at here.

madjoki

Ding ding ding.

People always getting worried about these refund systems when the hypothetical abusers have so much easier alternatives.

Well, for Denuvo refunding is easiest way to pirate, either that or pay someone to activate it with his Steam account.

That's what making too strong DRM makes desperate pirates do.

JustinBB7

For now only 22 games are eligible for gog connect, full list:
gogconlistoik9y.jpg

edited: there will be different eligible games in the future

I don't use GOG but I'm surprised no Witcher on the list.

Edit: actually I'm blind there is one. No Witcher 2 and 3 though? It's DRM free on there anyway so I don't see why not.

Popstar

Ding ding ding.

Eh, I dunno. People are weird. Look at how quickly people jump on and abuse any exploits found in Steam sale contests.

kurahador

Mafia 1 story is a alot better than 2. Better protagonist characterization too, unlike 2 which has someone who does bad things just because named Vito.

Eila

I don't use GOG but I'm surprised no Witcher on the list.

Edit: actually I'm blind there is one. No Witcher 2 and 3 though? It's DRM free on there anyway so I don't see why not.

You can get GOG copies of Witcher and Witcher 2 with the CD key you get from buying it on steam. Just google it.
Also all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. Not sure if there's others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom