• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
You know nothing, Steamgaf, Win10 is the future of Pc gaming, and Microsoft just reinvented the wheel with Skorpio, a console with no boundaries or limits. It's basically Pc 2.0, Gabe already sold his Valve's actions.
I'm gifting my entire Steam account and securing a copy of Killer Instinct now, just to be sure. I'm prepared.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So given no AC this year I guess Ubisoft will be Wildlands, WD2, For Hono(u)r, and then some teases for next year... And I guess whatever VR stuff they have cooking... And then whatever movie licenses they have.

Can't wait for the 47 minute section of some ESL person rambling about the Assassin's Creed film though

Hektor

So given no AC this year I guess Ubisoft will be Wildlands, WD2, For Hono(u)r, and then some teases for next year... And I guess whatever VR stuff they have cooking... And then whatever movie licenses they have.

Can't wait for the 47 minute section of some ESL person rambling about the Assassin's Creed film though

Grow up.

Anyway, what are you guys watching? It's Belgium vs Italy!

I'd watch everything over soccer, even a directors cut of EA's E3 PK with 60 minutes of additional bonus material with Pele.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
UWP is fortunately runnin on PC as well. Beggars can't be choosen etc etc. :p

Actually UWP does not run on PC, it runs on Microsoft Windows 10 compatible devices including the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 the world's most capable all-in-one multimedia tablet featuring a kickstand and advanced keyboard case, as well as the Xbox One family of all-in-one entertainment devices which feature 4K Netflix and the new custom Gears of War "scent of the battlefield" Xbox Elite controller just $200.

You would be mistake to reduce such a rich ecosystem to just the "PC". PC gamers get Inside, from the creators of Limbo (currently free on Xbox One, where you can also play Minecraft--no, not Minecraft the Java-based game you've been playing for six years, this is Minecraft!), a week late. Enjoy your scraps. You don't even get Xbox Live achievements.

AHA-Lambda

Throw in a couple UbiArt games and South Park and yeah pretty much

BG&E2 :(

Actually UWP does not run on PC, it runs on Microsoft Windows 10 compatible devices including the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 the world's most capable all-in-one multimedia tablet featuring a kickstand and advanced keyboard case, as well as the Xbox One family of all-in-one entertainment devices which feature 4K Netflix and the new custom Gears of War "scent of the battlefield" Xbox Elite controller just $200.

You would be mistake to reduce such a rich ecosystem to just the "PC". PC gamers get Inside, from the creators of Limbo (currently free on Xbox One, where you can also play Minecraft--no, not Minecraft the Java-based game you've been playing for six years, this is Minecraft!), a week late. Enjoy your scraps. You don't even get Xbox Live achievements.

I'm very well aware of the UWP's characteristics and all of the evils within. But as I said earlier, we really don't have a choice. I'm just glad that Microsoft allow us to play their Xbox exclusive games without having to buy an Xbox. At the very least, we'll get Xbox quality/performance out of the games. Well, from what we've got so far, we can actually expect more than that. UWP games are still looking and running better than Xbox version.

Hektor

I have this weird feeling that this is secretly advertising something. But i can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is. A bit too subtle maybe.

kZnzIfv.jpg

Ozium

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm very well aware of the UWP's characteristics and all of the evils within. But as I said earlier, we really don't have a choice. I'm just glad that Microsoft allow us to play their Xbox exclusive games without having to buy an Xbox. At the very least, we'll get Xbox quality/performance out of the games. Well, from what we've got so far, we can actually expect more than that. UWP games are still looking and running better than Xbox version.

I mean, another choice is simply to recognize that they need your business for their dumb cash grab more than you need the small number of games they publish. It's a bummer to miss out on stuff but we all have enormous backlogs of great stuff and missing any one game or any one publisher does very little to help make a dent in that even if you play games full time. If I stopped buying games now and only played Metacritic 80+ or Steam Very Positive games for the rest of my life I still wouldn't run out by the time I die. That puts it in perspective when I think "hey, I'd like to try Sea of Thieves".

Personally, it's hard to imagine I'm still using Windows at all a decade from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom