• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
just came back from work and am catching up on e3 announcemtn

tekken7 on pc and dead rising 4 this year

FY5mjmb.png
Tekken is finally on Steam. We made it bro.

Adnor

Banned
the games I'm hype for are Titanfall 2, QUAKE, Prey, Dishonored 2, Law/Breakers, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and South Park

and GMG has a 25% code that works on some of these games lol

I stilll have hope for Quake. Everything sounds good except for the classes, and unless the powers are completely OP and the classes have exclusive guns it can stilll be good.

Oh God please be good.

Parsnip

well, hacked-in VR isn't as good as actual supported VR so there's that.

I mean, they are building that support for one VR platform, you can bet your ass that they probably won't bother stripping all that code out of the other versions and some enterprising modder can enable it. It's not like the same didn't happen to previous RE games and splitscreen co-op, for example.

rtcn63

Honestly, I thought Outlast was a shallow experience that wore thin after the first 30 minutes or so. Hope RE doesn't become that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So no NMS anyware at e3? Thats kinda weird. No conspiracy theory, just weird, seems like all the hype has completely deflated

Grief.exe

So no NMS anyware at e3? Thats kinda weird. No conspiracy theory, just weird, seems like all the hype has completely deflated

Sony's presentation almost seemed cut short as it ended abruptly with very little in the way of actual bomb shells.

Enter The Dragon Punch mentioned that Red Dead was supposed to slot in at the end, NMS would have fit in perfectly as well.

Rockstar will probably just carve their own announcement date for Red Dead sometime later this year.

With PC version releasing with the console versions of course.

Jazz573

I actually can't see the picture in my browser. Only on GAF tho. Tried clearing cookies didn't fix it.

Edit: Figured it out.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Really dissapointed with the E3 press conferences this year.
Dishonored 2 is like the thing I'm looking forward to the most and I don't even know if I'll pick it up on release.

Grief.exe

It is a little strange to see an exclusive super hero game in the modern era due to the licencing cost plus development costs alone.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm laughing so hard at this. Capcom what are you doing? Like I said in the other thread if there wasn't the RE7 title card at the end I would have believed it to be an Outlast/Amnesia or even PT clone.

I don't know man, I'm actually really excited for this. It reminds me of the prototype RE4 in terms of atmosphere, and I say this as someone who is a big classic fan. I feel like Jawmuncher when he talks about Umbrella Corps (I don't have a problem with that either).

Now RE2make on the other hand had better be in third person.

Jawmuncher

Feels like most of the people here are shitting hard on RE7. I'm actually super excited about it.

It's just so weird coming off of RE6. Ok that game gets a bad wrap. But most talk was "they should aim for a middle ground" like RE4 but with more puzzles.

Then they spring this. Like they didn't listen to any feedback other than "scary".

Nzyme32

Amazed that Sony didn't use a panoply of word spaghetti varients for "exclusive" this year. Instead they settled on "exclusively for" most of the time, which makes me suspicious, particularly regarding the VR stuff

Momentary

Banned
No DMCV :(

Was today the only day for big announcements?

All in all... TEKKEN 7 here I come!!!

Is this new Kojima game exclusive to PS4 as well?

I might pick up a Neo for the hell of it just for Nier and Bloodborne as well as some other odds and ends.

Sony only retains the movie rights to Spidey, and that's about it, so a new deal would have had to have been made. It's why The Spectacular Spider-Man was cancelled, because Marvel got all the rights beyond movies back.
I like to think this is part of the new movie deal Sony signed with Marvel.

Echoplx

Is Christopher Judge Kratos now? I can't unhear it.

He did say he was part of a project being revealed at E3 a while back, now I'm disappointed it's this and not a Stargate game.

rtcn63

It's just so weird coming off of RE6. Ok that game gets a bad wrap. But most talk was "they should aim for a middle ground" like RE4 but with more puzzles.

Then they spring this. Like they didn't listen to any feedback other than "scary".

I'm afraid that we're reaching a point where the argument "everything but gameplay" is taking hold among AAA developers. Better graphics, cutscenes, collecting, crafting, with combat and difficulty put on the lowest tier of priorities. Seeing RoTR being praised over the original, the proliferation of dumbed-down Ubi open-world titles, and how many people straight shit on RE4-6 (and TEW) even though they have probably some of the best third-person gunplay in the genre.

First-person horror games don't do it for me. Once the scares wear off, what's there is usually pretty not-particularly-fun. PT worked because it was such a new and short experience.

That RE 7 should have been Condemned. It had everything right. The dirty ass location, the hobo walking by, the mannequins, first person and VR

On a better VR note, SuperHOT VR looks slick af and actually expands on the core game

Dat dual wielding

7pAzsWK.gif

Parsnip

I'm not too interested in a first person RE game, but what I'm very curious about is whether the game is connected to the fiction of the previous games in any way. It doesn't feel like it would be, but then it probably wouldn't make sense to number it at all.

Who knows.

Is Christopher Judge Kratos now? I can't unhear it.

He did say he was part of a project being revealed at E3 a while back, now I'm disappointed it's this and not a Stargate game.

I was thinking the same.
Though I haven't played a God of War game since the first one and kind of don't remember what Kratos sounded like before.

zkylon

zkylewd
new humble bundle reminded me that there's a f2p mp shooter out of ghost in the shell instead of a deus ex game

now i'm bummed at the world being sucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom