• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mountain -- MB-4CCEAFA4A726E5FB - Taken by Kuroyume
Psychonauts -- MB-B7DF8DAFB01ED3EF - Taken by fuzzy123

dex3108

I would score this E3 3/5. It was "safe E3" because everybody played it safe. Most of the games presented are sequels or franchise reboots. I don't know about you but for me Sony conference really felt strange. Very little 3rd party in a year where there is not so much 1st party games for holiday season and no indies at all.

All in all really average E3. i don't know if this is because new consoles are on the way or what but i am a bit disappointed.

Also i still believe in RDR Remastered but i am sad and disappointed that we didn't get announcement at E3.

Man, really didn't see RE7 in first person coming. I'm a huge fan of the franchise but I'm not sure how to feel about it.

Insomniac + Spiderman seems like a match made in heaven.
Gravity Rush 2 is my most anticipated sony exclusive though, can't believe it wasn't at the conference.

Grief.exe

It is Kratos. With nothing left to keep him in Greece he went North to live anew.

My question is why it went from being a par at best stylish beat-em-up to Lords of the Fallen Nordic.

Focus groups.

ID@Xbox games aren't published by MS. I suspect EA is/was involved, though, given it still has publishing rights to the original.

Out of GFWL and into Origin. We just can't catch a break.

Lain

Uplay, unfortunately. But does anyone know what "supports linking to steam account" means?

Looks fun. Too bad audio is English only. These are the games that need to have dubs for all supported languages, or at least dubs for all the languages in which the show is dubbed.
I understand some hate their own language and are happy when games release with English only, but I love my Italian dubs and I love being able to understand what people say when they speak as fast as a motherfucking train.
Obviously it's no different from the previous game, but it's just a thought going through my head.

I imagine a double entendre like "Fractured But Whole" / "Fractured Butthole" would be especially difficult to translate into other languages and still keep it's meaning without sounding overly terrible.
South Park™: Scontri Di-Retti™

Definitely the greatest platformer since Super Mario 64 -- MB-B7FA1C67E358053F - Taken by someguyinahat. 10 entrants total.

For those of you who were wondering, it was Woodle Tree Adventures. I believe it was released the day after Mario 64, and that's why it's technically correct?

....What's that? It wasn't? Oh. ...OH.

Alright, props to an indie developer for even trying a 3D platformer on his own. I might give this one a go and post impressions if I've got the time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone in the Bulletstorm thread just said People Can Fly acquired all of the rights to the game.

It acquired the IP and owns also owns Bulletstorm itself, but the EA Partners publishing contract is still in effect. This is why EA is still listed as the publisher on Steam and is also the reason why there has been no Steamworks or otherwise GFWL-removing patch despite PCF going independent a year ago now. PCF confirmed as much when I enquired about the possibility of GFWL being removed back when the news broke:

Hey Jason,

Thanks for reaching out,

I'd love to say that we'll work on BS but unfortunatelly this is not our near fututre plan. We own IP but BS was published by EA which means that different parties would have to be involved to make changes to the original BS.

That being said please keep an eye on our peoplecanfly.com website to see what's up at PCF.

Have a great day,

Sebastian

Ludens

Banned
I assume that you think that everyone by now should know what happened in the ending in God of War 3. But let me tell you something: I don't, and thanks for the telling me the spoiler >.<

Eh, I screwed up, sorry :S
Edited anyway. Well, not really a spoiler anymore, at least not a big one, considering we now know
Kratos is still alive
, probably we'll have a two seconds cutscene explaining how
he survived
and that's it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Skyforge Starter Pack -- MB-610D205E8BFB62AA

Jadax

I assume that you think that everyone by now should know what happened in the ending in God of War 3. But let me tell you something: I don't, and thanks for the telling me the spoiler >.<

It's been 6 years since God of War 3 came out, it's not something he should have to apologize for. There is absolutely no logic to people saying 'brah spoilers' for something that's been out for over half a decade.

I can understand someone getting annoyed if a new release was spoiled, but something this old? Cmon man.

I myself haven't played it since I sold my ps before it came out.

The press conferences were okay and actually focused on the games most of the time instead of talk about sales and what not.

MS investing in PC is really big imo, even though its W10 exclusivity.
EA was.... I dont know. Not much new.
Ubisoft the same.
Sony was okay, but it seems whats exclusive and whats not is not really clear. Like they said the are working with Activision to remaster Crash 1-3, so I guess since its Acti calling the shots, it will be multiplattform.

It's been 6 years since God of War 3 came out, it's not something he should have to apologize for. There is absolutely no logic to people saying 'brah spoilers' for something that's been out for over half a decade.

I can understand someone getting annoyed if a new release was spoiled, but something this old? Cmon man.

People still get mad if you post FFVII spoilers.

Knurek

People still get mad if you post FFVII spoilers.

QIVtiHf.jpg

Deques

I know that the game has been out a while now, but a spoiler is a spoiler no matter how old the game is. There are people who don't want to know what happens until they come to that certain part.

Jadax

I know that the game has been out a while now, but a spoiler is a spoiler no matter how old the game is. There are people who don't want to know what happens until they come to that certain part.

Right and you're on a gaming thread not expecting spoilers?

Logic?

Vuze

The press conferences were okay and actually focused on the games most of the time instead of talk about sales and what not.

MS investing in PC is really big imo, even though its W10 exclusivity.
EA was.... I dont know. Not much new.
Ubisoft the same.
Sony was okay, but it seems whats exclusive and whats not is not really clear. Like they said the are working with Activision to remaster Crash 1-3, so I guess since its Acti calling the shots, it will be multiplattform.
Yeah I hate that about Sony. MS was very clear about platforms this time around, but Sonys "in development for PS4" is open to any interpretation...

mp1990

Banned

I'd agree if it was an completely random game that has been out in the open for years now and has no pretension of a sequel or whatnot, but Sony just announced a new God of War game, it will surely gauge the interest of many, there will be some going back to the franchise and checking out the former games, so I think that spoiler tags would be advised.

Yesterday someone here gave away a big event in Berserk, and, granted, it's an old franchise, but it really annoyed me because we're about to have a new anime and game, so of course it'll bring lots of new people to the franchise, outright spoiling such a big plot point is a huge oversight.

Tizoc

God of War series' stories aren't a major thing mate.
GOW3's story is pretty lame anyways.

Jadax

There is a reason why there is a spoiler tag
Yes, for genuine spoilers of some recent games etc. I'm pretty sure there was a discussion like this previously where Stump made it clear that you can't just call 'spoiler' on everything under the sun you haven't played/finished and expect to be protected from spoilers.

He's in the Steam thread. Logic dictates that he shouldn't expect God of War spoilers in it.
Yes and that would be fine if this was a purely Steam discussion thread - are you telling me that these threads have never had any non-steam discussions? If you can guarantee to me that these threads are only Steam related and only contain steam-news/games discussions then I'll admit I'm wrong about wondering why Gears of Wars 3 should be spoilered in 2016.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with someone wanting things even 20+years ago spoilered, but unless I misunderstood what Stump said in that thread - there's a certain line that needs to be drawn between what is genuinely a spoiler and what we believe to be spoilers - we can't be rigid, we have to adapt to the situation (in this case, a game that was released in 2010 or a manga/anime that was released in 1990s).

I still don't think asking for a 5+year old game to be spoilered makes sense, half the discussions in this thread would need to be spoilered if we stuck to the rigid requirements of spoilers.

Lain

The Battlefront 1 situation is weird.

Yes and that would be fine if this was a purely Steam discussion thread - are you telling me that these threads have never had any non-steam discussions? If you can guarantee to me that these threads are only Steam related and only contain steam-news/games discussions then I'll admit I'm wrong about wondering why Gears of Wars 3 should be spoilered in 2016.

The thread had and still has off topic discussions, obviously, but that doesn't mean that people coming to the Steam thread should expect spoilers for completely unrelated things to be dropped on them without warning (regulars are the majority of visitors to the thread, but I'd expect some might also casually stroll by from time to time).
I'm not gonna ask anyone to use spoiler tags for very old stuff, though I'd ask for a little thought before dropping them if I had to ask anything, like putting the name of the game you're talking about in bold beforehand (in the specific case that annoyed Deques, God of War 3 might have had him skip the post right away).

Hektor

The worst thing about spoiler culture are the people complaining about getting the e3 spoiled via leaks, even going so far as to want leaks to be banned from GAF and leakers to be persecuted by the fbi.

That is insane

derExperte

I still don't think asking for a 5+year old game to be spoilered makes sense, half the discussions in this thread would need to be spoilered if we stuck to the rigid requirements of spoilers.

I can't recall many discussions involving important plot points happening late in games where spoiler tags didn't get used. This isn't 'OMG KRATOS KILLS MORE DUDES' or 'Y U TELL ME NATHAN DRAKE DRIVES A BOAT?', this is about what happens to the main protagonist at the end.

Grief.exe

The worst thing about spoiler culture are the people complaining about getting the e3 spoiled via leaks, even going so far as to want leaks to be banned from GAF and leakers to be persecuted by the fbi.

That is insane

You have to be able to filter out a minority opinion on the internet. If something sounds extremely illogical and unjustifiable, then it's likely from an outlier.

Or it could be people attempting to argue that Skyrim is a good game. The rule doesn't work ubiquitously....or maybe I'm the outlier? Whatever, your favorite game sucks.

mp1990

Banned
Talking about spoilers, I hope VLR (which I have been spoiled about lol) comes out on Steam very soon because playing that game on my PSTV is just unbelievably bad

I have to use both the analog stick and the DS4 touchpad (yes, that tiny thingie in the middle of the pad that no one in their right mind would use for this purpose) to control it, because you can only access some menus through the touch controls, and it's just a freaking disaster to play. Pretty good game though!

I agree that any plot discussion of any game should be tagged.
There are a lot of old games I still want to play, it's not my fault that I haven't had the time yet. Surely the same happens with all of you. All it takes is a click, surely an effort worth making to avoid ruining other people's experience.

The Aeris thing really isn't a good example for anything, it's been a meme for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom