• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with someone wanting things even 20+years ago spoilered, but unless I misunderstood what Stump said in that thread - there's a certain line that needs to be drawn between what is genuinely a spoiler and what we believe to be spoilers - we can't be rigid, we have to adapt to the situation (in this case, a game that was released in 2010 or a manga/anime that was released in 1990s).

If it's ok for you to be spoiled for a 20+ years old game then fine, but to me it matters. I don't want spoilers regardless how old the game is. Use the freaking spoiler tag if it's a major plot event of the game. If people want to read the spoiler they can click on the black bar so the text is revealed for them.
I may want to read spoilers too, but then I have choice to read them. But I do not want to read spoilers by accident.

Shahadan

If it's ok for you to be spoiled for a 20+ years old game then fine, but to me it matters. I don't want spoilers regardless how old the game is. Use the freaking spoiler tag if it's a major plot event of the game. If people want to read the spoiler they can click on the black bar so the text is revealed for them.
I may want to read spoilers too, but then I have choice to read them. But I do not want to read spoilers by accident.

Well people aren't going to try to preserve you, so deal with it maybe.

derFeef

To me that Play Anywhere is pretty big, especially the cross-save thing, I like that. I have no problem with the Win10 store, at least currently. Forza 6 for example runs very good and is a polished game, which I can't say about Quantum Break sadly. Hopefully the announced ports are as good as Forza 6.

edit: the anti-spiler culture is even weirder. It's about respect and being accommodating.

Pixieking

Banned
So it is just me who don't want to read spoilers for old games?

I'm not that bothered, but considering there's spoiler tags here, I don't get why people don't use them. Even something like Aeris dying could potentially be a spoiler soon, considering the FFVII remake impending, so why not spoiler tag it? It's not just going to be the people who played it 20 years ago who are going to be playing the remake.

Shahadan

So it is just me who don't want to read spoilers for old games?

Whining on principle about spoilers about old games you were probably never going to play to begin with is more annoying than spoilers honestly.
If everybody was using spoilers tags for everything it would be a nightmare, especially considering how WELL people use them.

That said I agree that GoW 3 is probably touchy since there is a new game gathering interest and, well, the remaster came out only last year and a lot of people played/will play it for the first time.

The worst thing about spoiler culture are the people complaining about getting the e3 spoiled via leaks, even going so far as to want leaks to be banned from GAF and leakers to be persecuted by the fbi.

That is insane
Spoiled by E3 leaks is one thing, spoiled by a videogame ending is another.

derExperte

Probably was mentioned during the PC conference which I didn't watch: Killing Floor 2 got a big update including the sharpshooter and new maps and apparently we'll get a free weekend.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that any plot discussion of any game should be tagged.
There are a lot of old games I still want to play, it's not my fault that I haven't had the time yet. Surely the same happens with all of you. All it takes is a click, surely an effort worth making to avoid ruining other people's experience.

The Aeris thing really isn't a good example for anything, it's been a meme for years.
Agreed. Unless it's some common knowledge (such as that Star Wars Episode 5 twist), I don't want to have it spoiled. I don't get why it seems so hard for some people to be considerate of others, there's even a nice button that automatically adds spoiler tags for them.

Whining on principle about spoilers about old games you were probably never going to play to begin with is more annoying than spoilers honestly.
If everybody was using spoilers tags for everything it would be a nightmare, especially considering how WELL people use them.

That said I agree that GoW 3 is probably touchy since there is a new game gathering interest and, well, the remaster came out only last year and a lot of people played/will play it for the first time.
What nightmare? Literally all you have to do is highlight the text, that's all. Or you can click the black bars, if you prefer.

Anything come out of the Sony conference? Missed it.

I didn't watch it live but after catching up this morning highlights seem to be:
- New Kojima game published by sony (really intriguing trailer, be sure to check it out).
- Spiderman game by Insomniac (looks great).
- The Last Guardian release date (October 25)
- Lots of God of War 4 gameplay.

Ludens

Banned
Well, tried RE7 demo.
I can't believe this is a 70€ game.
The demo is so bad, the game seems one of those horrors you can find on Steam just out of Greenlight.
I don't know if this is a "scam" teaser like PT should be, something like "the teaser is a thing, the full game will be a totally different thing", but I bet it's not, since Capcom is promoting and selling the game with this demo and the E3 trailer.

The demo is so bad...there's everything, from mannequins (they are in pretty much EVERY horror game, it seems), ps3 graphics, nothing reminding me of RE, just a common first person horror.

I was waiting for RE7, now I'm so disappointed I can't even say.

This looks like one of those low budget spin-off redirected to be a "main" chapter of the franchise.

Anteater

Just got caught up with all the E3 news, a lot of games look nice (like graphically) but can't say I'm too excited for any particular ones

Well, tried RE7 demo.
The demo is so bad, the game seems one of those horrors you can find on Steam just out of Greenlight.
I don't know if this is a "scam" teaser like PT should be, something like "the teaser is a thing, the full game will be a totally different thing", but I bet it's not, since Capcom is promoting and selling the game with this demo and the E3 trailer.

The demo is so bad...there's everything, from mannequins (they are in pretty much EVERY horror game, it seems), ps3 graphics, nothing reminding me of RE, just a common first person horror.

Don't have PS+ to try it but I was afraid of this. I guess there's always the RE2 remake if this sucks. It's a shame though since they do seem to be willing to go back to a more horror oriented approach. Not sure this is the right way to go about it though. This feels so different it might as well be a new IP, though it seems so lacking in originality that it probably wouldn't be able to stand out on its own.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Well, tried RE7 demo.

This looks like one of those low budget spin-off redirected to be a "main" chapter of the franchise.

I'm really dissapointed with this because I really hate first person horror games of this ilk, so having RE of all franchises go this way is pissing me of if anything.
I would have taken a RE7 that continued the RE6 third person action wibes more than what we got.

Ludens

Banned
Don't have PS+ to try it but I was afraid of this. I guess there's always the RE2 remake if this sucks. It's a shame though since they do seem to be willing to go back to a more horror oriented approach. Not sure this is the right way to go about it though. This feels so different it might as well be a new IP, though it seems so lacking in originality that it probably wouldn't be able to stand out on its own.

Exactly the point. If this wasn't a RE game, but just a new, random horror game, it would be a 20€ title max and also it wouldn't be praised at all. Take Outlast, at least it was original because it used the camera and mockumentary thing for the first time, RE7 is nothing like that, is just so anonymous.

My only hope now is RE2 Remake, I hope it will follow REmake steps, third person survival horror game, with Capcom not reinventing the wheel giving us something totally different barely based on RE2.

yuraya

Dead crabs
Dead fish
Dead whales
Naked man
Baby
Handcuffs
Crying man
Floating men

JAy5T6P.gif

Kojima GOAT

Rizzi

It only took me let's say oh.. 15 years to get in to Baldur's Gate. Slowly getting to that backlog.
Seems like a pretty good game you guys.
I couldn't find a Baldur's Gate thread proper to talk about it in.

Vampyr sure isn't trying to hide the Bloodborne influence. Doesn't look nearly as good though.

Horizon on the other hand... that has win written all over it.

Ozium

when the Kojima game turns into a convoluted mess after years of troubled development and features tons of grinding needed for unlocks and/or microtransactions who will people blame now that Konami isn't around? Surely they won't blame Sri Kojima, Based Cerny or da GOAT SONY

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Don't worry Ludens, you are sane and reasonable.

Random:
Digging around in old files on my PC I accidentally stumbled across my old screen names that I had forgotten. I had one in really earliest days of OG GAF that I thought of years before that as a kid and also used on Nintendojo and the Nintendo Power BBS (the old red ones you had to click on Fulgore to enter if any of you remember), another that I used later on for mIRC in #SegaDojo where I would hang with SolidSnakeX all the time, then the second one I used for GAF for 4 years before it turned into NeoGAF which is when I changed to Dice to match my Q3/UT name.

No, I won't share what they were. There are archives out there and who knows what dumb shit I said when I was young. -_^

Ludens

Banned
About RE7.

Ah, ok.

Regarding the spoiler thing, calm down guys. I screwed up, but I also edited the post in no time. I screwed because honestly I thought it wasn't a spoiler, considering there's a gigantic trailer about GOW4 right now. But I edited the post in no time as soon as I realized it could be a spoiler for some people.

sheaaaa

"Deal with it" is such a shitty attitude to have to someone who just doesn't want plot points from a random game not even on Steam to be spoiled in a Steam thread. God Of War 3's not even that old and has a recent remaster, and it's not like its story twists and turns have been assimilated into pop culture the way Star Wars and FF7's have (and I've even argued against spoiling FF7 in a previous Steam thread).

No one's saying use spoiler tags for everything but if not major plot points then what the fuck are spoiler tags even for?

And your "nightmare" would be a minor inconvenience compared to ruining a potentially great experience for someone. Why not choose to be understanding, and just putting some effort into being considerate?

If not, where do you draw the line? Which games in the canon must one have played before entering the Steam thread? Must there be a list? Its ridiculous.

"Deal with it" is such a shitty attitude to have to someone who just doesn't want plot points from a random game not even on Steam to be spoiled in a Steam thread. God Of War 3's not even that old and has a recent remaster, and it's not like its story twists and turns have been assimilated into pop culture the way Star Wars and FF7's have (and I've even argued against spoiling FF7 in a previous Steam thread).

God of War 3 is 6 years old.

This is what we're complaining about now?

Arthea

why exactly RE7 is a first person game again?

Kojima still the boss
like I got nothing or too much from that teaser, have no idea which
all hail Kojima

So happy Forza Horizon 3 is coming to PC.

I have like no reason to get an Xbox One now. Not after all the E3 announcements.

it's not really coming to PC, tho

edited: almost forgot
South Park plus seasons pass (!) - 80€
and requires uplay
lol no
will play years after release if at all
but that combat surely looked interesting

yuraya

I'm still kind of puzzled there was no From Software at either MS or Sony conference yesterday. They said they had 3 projects in development and they are usually on that near yearly release. There is still Gamescom and TGS I guess. They will probably be at one or both of those.

Grief.exe

Probably was mentioned during the PC conference which I didn't watch: Killing Floor 2 got a big update including the sharpshooter and new maps and apparently we'll get a free weekend.

The leveling system in Killing Floor 2 was absurdly long and it tied progression around leveling up. So I was ready for higher difficulty, but my damage and abilities weren't there.

Sharpshooter does help the meta as they melt higher health enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom