• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my post codes from Modbotty so good luck and have fun:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-2EB06E4AB6FF8175 - Taken by Sammichu
t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: BattleMage -- MB-BDBBB38E4273471A - Taken by Benedict
YearWalk -- MB-D8F575BC020B4BF3 - Taken by Loptous
Dustforce DX -- MB-1508BAEEFD8F4C2D - Taken by Zeeman
Her Story -- MB-AAA4A6C93A1D5507 - Taken by eyeless
Worms Revolution Gold -- MB-6F6DD62D1E8B94D7 - Taken by SSPssp
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-2A53F13CEE396A37 - Taken by Cth
Star Wars Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2 -- MB-2DA201F2C9127492 - Taken by jgalat
Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-608DB7CE738E4B55 - Taken by data
Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack -- MB-84B3AE1072F02DEF - Taken by Grief.exe
Worms Reloaded -- MB-21CB28CAB4E7CCAD - Taken by neonglow
Star Wars Battlefront 2 -- MB-EB36ED1A2CA89460 - Taken by almostheathen
Schrodingers Cat And The Raiders Of The Lost Quark -- MB-B3AC0ADEF01694C5 - Taken by Vuze
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-84547648C0ED3F90 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
t1cxE6r.gif
Bound By Flame -- MB-2A82EB543A2965AF - Taken by dave is ok
Read Only Memories -- MB-7A44AEF26EE4179B - Taken by KenOD
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-CD1CABECE1C8B86E - Taken by Chairmanchuck

While gameplay remains fun, Overwatch matchmaking is still garbage. Seems like every tenth match is something that resembles a fair fight. I can go 5 easy wins or 5 no-chance-at-all losses in a row even if I re-enter matchmaking after every match to get completely new teams.

Matchmaking has nothing to do with player class choices in a match, which is what causes most steam rolls in Overwatch in the first place. No one wants to play the classes they need to win the objective. Everyone wants to be the flash damage classes or the snipers.

Overwatch Quick Play is like f2p TF2 on a Valve server. It's Badwater, you're on blu, and you're the only one trying to move the payload because everyone is a spy or sniper.

MRORANGE

New Juen recommendation by More_Badass:

House of the Dying Sun
- More_Badass
The resurgence of the space genre continues with the game formerly known as Enemy Starfighter. Inspired by Freespace and Tie Fighter, House of the Dying Sun is part of the rare category of titles where you play the bad guy: as the militant arm devoted to your dead emperor, you embark on a galactic quest to unleash vengeance and ruin upon your enemies. From cockpit of your upgradable Executioner Mk II interceptor, you engage in relentless space combat against other pilots, capital ships, and frigates, or deal death from the macro perspective by pausing time, giving orders to your fleet, and taking control of other fighters. Spread across a hand-crafted campaign, House of the Dying Sun promises intense tactical combat amid gorgeous spacescapes

L.O.R.D

played it on my laptop,works great at 60FPS

here some pics of our goddess

i didn't find an option to change the AA.

the load time is way way better then the Vita,on the Vita you have to wait 2 minute just to see the main menu.
but i feel the gameplay somehow better on the Vita.

EDIT: Is there a way to shrink those images in my post? I didn't expect them to be this huge :)

put the photos in quotes.

Well crap, I just got a message that someone tried to claim a key that already belonged to me. If it was _you_ send me a message and I'll try to make it better next time I am giving something away.

PaulSane

i didn't find an option to change the AA.

There isn't one. This game apparently uses the same engine as Neptunia U - and i tried lots of things to make that game look better, but i couldn't find a way to force AA. As i mentioned in my previous post, you should try using GeDoSaTo, if your PC has enough power to handle it - my PC can't downsample from more than 3200x1800 while maintaining 60fps.

put the photos in quotes.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention one more thing about the port - you have to use a mouse if you want to "touch" your characters in equipment screen :p I couldn't find a way to do it using controller, and the game actually tells you to "Use right mouse button to touch" on that screen. So it is impossible to get the "full experience" while playing on the couch, for example :)
EDIT2: So, about that downsampling - it actually kinda breaks mouse controls in the menu, and also that touching thing. I guess that's probably the known problem of downsampling, but this is the first time i tried using mouse with it enabled.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

House of the Dying Sun
- More_Badass
The resurgence of the space genre continues with the game formerly known as Enemy Starfighter. Inspired by Freespace and Tie Fighter, House of the Dying Sun is part of the rare category of titles where you play the bad guy: as the militant arm devoted to your dead emperor, you embark on a galactic quest to unleash vengeance and ruin upon your enemies. From cockpit of your upgradable Executioner Mk II interceptor, you engage in relentless space combat against other pilots, capital ships, and frigates, or deal death from the macro perspective by pausing time, giving orders to your fleet, and taking control of other fighters. Spread across a hand-crafted campaign, House of the Dying Sun promises intense tactical combat amid gorgeous spacescapes

That game sounds very interesting, I'd not heard of it before.

Knurek

I'm excited to see the new and exciting ways in which they attempt to make a turd seem freshly eliminated.

I wonder when the planned release date is. I'll probably do a charity stream if there is interest.

You should start writing recommendation for future Steam thread right now.

L.O.R.D

There isn't one. This game apparently uses the same engine as Neptunia U - and i tried lots of things to make that game look better, but i couldn't find a way to force AA. As i mentioned in my previous post, you should try using GeDoSaTo, if your PC has enough power to handle it - my PC can't downsample from more than 3200x1800 while maintaining 60fps.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention one more thing about the port - you have to use a mouse if you want to "touch" your characters in equipment screen :p I couldn't find a way to do it using controller, and the game actually tells you to "Use right mouse button to touch" on that screen. So it is impossible to get the "full experience" while playing on the couch, for example :)
EDIT2: So, about that downsampling - it actually kinda breaks mouse controls in the menu, and also that touching thing. I guess that's probably the known problem of downsampling, but this is the first time i tried using mouse with it enabled.
Yah,i am actually okay with that,i don't think my lappy can handle all those wifues with AA.
Maybe they can make a patch to use analog sticks as a mouse cursor or use separate program i used before to make my Xbox controller act like PC mouse.

tuxfool

Banned
So, the first two Syberia games are 80% off, should I grab them right away or wait for the upcoming Summer Sale? They don't seem to have aged very well, but I'm always open for more adventure games.

Also, where's Rhaknar?

I can't get the Syberia games to run on modern OSes.

kagamin

I wish there was a mod for the Zestiria IM@S costume DLC to use the vocal versions of the songs instead of instrumental versions, unless that already exists.

House of the Dying Sun
- More_Badass

Thanks for the heads up, seems like something I would be interested in if it's anything like Freelancer/Rebel Galaxy. (have not played Freespace so no idea)

Dr.Acula

Banned
Pillars of Eternity is really hard. I managed to kill some people waiting at the edge of town for a woman
(the baby-killer/thief crossing the wrong guy quest)
, but only after carefully arranging my party for maximum ambush effort. So outside the town, on the Nest Egg quest, I
encounter some bandits. I tried this several times, even getting their party down to one guy, but the last guy WOULD NOT drop. He was super strong, kept healing, I would stun him, shove him, freeze him, the works, and I would still get whooped.

So I dropped it to "easy" from "normal" and it still took me two tries, and the last dude still almost killed my whole party.

Anyhow, the encounters are a little frustrating. I have to mircomanage every attack and position all the characters are in, who flanks who, defenses, buffs, spells, etc. I have the game autopausing every other second and am chaining actions, but damn. The encounters are very punishing.

It's more tactical than X-Com.

Avinexus

and i am looking how to buy GTX970 below 350$ :(

Also Watch_Dogs had potential but they missed few things in first game. I hope that they realized their mistakes and that Watch_Dogs 2 will be great game.

Unless I'm missing something, isn't the normal price for a 970 already below $350?

L.O.R.D

umm,this is my first time using GeDoSaTo,installed it and don't know what should i do.

Thanks! Don't play much multi-player online or trading, so don't include it in my profile.
Fair enough. I recognize you from the Steam threads even without any avatar, so I'd like to have you on Steam if that's cool with you. Just hit me up with your profile in a PM.

Anno

Not sure how many of you are following Heart Forth, Alicia, but a new Kickstarter update dropped and with it came a few glorious gifs:

Every time I see this game I'm more and more sad I didn't get in on the KS. It's got to be one of the better looking games I've seen in a long, long time in these .gifs.

Roarer

Every time I see this game I'm more and more sad I didn't get in on the KS. It's got to be one of the better looking games I've seen in a long, long time in these .gifs.

Yeah, it just keeps looking better and better. Not at all mad that it missed its deadline by a wide margin; the developer is clearly putting a lot of love and care into the game and I'm confident that they'll deliver in the end.

PAUonePUNCH

Neo Member

House of the Dying Sun
- More_Badass

Ohh I dig a game that allows you to be the villain. Throw space on top of that... you got my attention.

JarrodL

Pillars of Eternity is really hard. I managed to kill some people waiting at the edge of town for a woman
(the baby-killer/thief crossing the wrong guy quest)
, but only after carefully arranging my party for maximum ambush effort. So outside the town, on the Nest Egg quest, I
encounter some bandits. I tried this several times, even getting their party down to one guy, but the last guy WOULD NOT drop. He was super strong, kept healing, I would stun him, shove him, freeze him, the works, and I would still get whooped.

So I dropped it to "easy" from "normal" and it still took me two tries, and the last dude still almost killed my whole party.

Anyhow, the encounters are a little frustrating. I have to mircomanage every attack and position all the characters are in, who flanks who, defenses, buffs, spells, etc. I have the game autopausing every other second and am chaining actions, but damn. The encounters are very punishing.

It's more tactical than X-Com.

Weird, I'm playing on Death March difficulty and that Nest Egg encounter didn't seem hard at all. Maybe you're underleveled?

On the other hand, I'm having trouble with Adragans whenever they are mixed with large groups of other enemies (which they pretty much always are on DM). Like that insane group on one of the lower floors of the Endless Paths. They just keep neutralizing several of my party at a time via petrification or paralysis while the rest of the mob keeps attacking and mowing my guys down, and all I can do is watch helplessly (don't have any spells to counter those status effects). I've resorted to using cheap tactic of trying to lure those adragans away from their buddies to kill them first, as quick as possible, by throwing all my most powerful spells and abilities at them.

PaulSane

umm,this is my first time using GeDoSaTo,installed it and don't know what should i do.

I was thinking of sending a PM with explanations instead of writing a post, but thought that this info may be of use to someone else.
I haven't used GeDoSaTo much yet, so maybe some of the steps aren't really necessary:

1. Open the Whitelist (there is button to the right)
2. Add the following line:
Application || Senran Kagura
this will tell GeDoSaTo the name of the process it should work with.
3. Press the Edit Settings button on the main screen
4. There should be a dropdown menu in the bottom-left of the newly opened window, find and select
config\Application\GeDoSaTo.ini
5. After that, press the U button right of the dropdown menu and then press OK. This will create an .ini file that you will need to edit.
6. Here are the contents of my .ini file:

forceBorderlessFullscreen true
aaQuality 4
renderResolution 3840x2160@60
scalingType lanczos
forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes true
presentInterval 1

You may copy and paste these lines into your file, and then click save. If the game lags with these settings, you can try lowering the renderResolution parameter.

Make sure that GeDoSaTo is activated (there are buttons for this on the main window) and the window is open. Now run the game - it may or may not work right away, you can press "+" on the numpad to see if GeDoSaTo is working, if it is, you will see some lines of text in the top of the game's window. Look for the line with the word "downsampling" in it - if it says Not downsampling, go to the settings in game and change display to fullscreen, and then to borderless - it should work after that.
The game may also open in the downsampling resolution when you first launch it - i.e. it won't fit on the screen, in this case, you will have to wait for it to get to the main menu, press right once, and enter the settings - there, you would need to do the same thing - select Fullscreen first, and then Borderless - it should fit the screen after that, and it also should be downsampled at that point.

Ozium

how is senran kagura if you know nothing of the IP but want a musou game?

I would rather have DQ heroes but I heard the pc version is based on the ps3 version and is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom