• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Seems like Necropolis is now available for pre-order. This is the roguelike-Soulslike dungeoning with 4 player co-op game from the people what brought you the recent Shadowrun games. Releasing July 12th, which is a bit earlier than I would've guessed.

KingKong

Seems like Necropolis is now available for pre-order. This is the roguelike-Soulslike dungeoning game from the people what brought you the recent Shadowrun games. Releasing July 12th, which is a bit earlier than I would've guessed.

What exactly is the style that they're going for and why do the characters have stumps for legs

def sim

I just finished the Resident Evil 7 demo and holy shit is it good. Like legit good. It was spooky with a few jump scares that didn't work all that well on me, but it was intense and I got really invested and curious about this house and the crew that had been there. Wonderful demo. I think Resident Evil 7 can end up among the best Resident Evil games. The atmosphere is like in REmake but intense and more upfront. I hope they can also deliver on the combat aspect and don't overdo it, so that you will feel vulnerable like you do in the demo. I'm excited.

Ah well I'm disappointed I can't try it without a PS+ sub. Hopefully a PC demo hits soon.

I... I kinda want a NX now...

It would be my first console since the N64.
My last Nintendo console was the SNES, and I still don't regret skipping the others.
(from what I've borrowed and played from friends/family)
NES/SNES 4eva.

Zelda games on PC could be neat though.

fallout

I think one of the things about the Steam vs. Origin vs. uPlay vs. Whatever argument is that it commonly ignores the concept of opportunity cost and how it factors into decisions. I'm invested in Steam not really because I think it's the best. I'm invested in it because that's where most of my games are. It's similar to the Android vs. iPhone argument. Once you're invested in an ecosystem, the arguments have to be incredibly powerful to make someone switch.

For me, Origin and Uplay games are at exactly 100%. Well for uPlay they're "free" in the sense that I purchased the games on Steam, launch them from Steam, and are required to play them using uPlay. Long story short, I've not paid for any games directly on either Origin or Uplay.

As for GOG, it started out that every game I had there was free as well either from a giveaway or bundle. But lately they've had some killer deals and great releases of older stuff that isn't on Steam, and in the past few years I've spent a few hundred dollars on GOG games. Since they're DRM free, I really don't mind that I "don't have them on Steam" because as Nzyme32 pointed out above, it all comes down to usability. I don't need things like Steam Family Sharing with GOG - I'll just install said game on my son's PC so he can play it while I'm at work. They also have a generous return policy and such, and they even have their own game client now.
This is my situation, too. The value that Steam provides is that my games are there and it works. The value that GOG provides is that it's DRM-free and that's a pretty big one for me, particularly from a philosophical standpoint.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm i think all in all this e3 wasn't so bad. no megahits like freaking a shenmue 3 kickstarter, but honestly there's no topping that hilarity. i feel like most conferences (haven't watched nintendo yet) were pretty solid, ubisoft had some genuinely funny bits and delivered classic ubi awkwardness with that delightfully silly intro dance thing, kojima did what kojima does and did some fucked up stuff that is immediatelly intriguing, didn't watch the whole pc gamer thing but seemed like a harmless parade of games, there was cheering for a demo, overwatch is for anime fans (well duhh), and idk, prey 2 is real, sorta. oh and hype lady was amazing

overall i think i came most excited out of the bethesda conference, but i think they were all pretty ok. like usual i feel kind of weird at the whole swarm of violent post apocalpytic and general sense of nihilism around games in general but it's alright, i got overwatch and league waiting for me back home

feels about games that interest me:
- tyranny trailer was ok i guess, i want to know more about this game because the premise sounds cool, but i don't think marketing around it has been great. i want just a little bit of actual longform gameplay, not just "action" shots of spells and attacks, because honestly it's an isometric game, it's not very exciting to watch. i want to know what the actual systems and mechanics of the game are
- dishonored 2 looked alright, i don't think it was mindblowing but they didn't really explore much or showed enough of the level design for me to have a real opinion about it. it sounds like it's gonna be a great game, i love the new city and the whole mirror past world thingie sounds really cool, but at this point just gonna want to play it for myself
- mca made prey go from "huh that's interesting" to being really intense about it. the whole cyberpunk groundhog day (hogpunk?) from the trailer was pretty neat, and i don't care much for the ink spider things but gotta see em in-game. also the talks of it being like a proper system shock kind of thing are very exciting.
- new deus ex looks like more deus ex hr to the point i decided i wasn't gonna really watch the rest of the trailers. i liked dxhr, i hope they open this game up even more and i hope you can still lift crates. i'm gonna pretty pissed if you can't
- undecided about us happy few cos i still don't know how it plays outside of it being bioshock-esque (you can loot stuff!) and i'm not sure what's really special about it other than its setting, which isn't particularly appealing to me. we'll see
- the nier 2 trailer looked pretty great, but i still got my doubts about platinum being able to do a full-on open world game like that, specially one that's gonna be poignant and subtle and also not very subtle like nier 1 was.
- ff15 looked like crap but i wasn't too confident in that game anyways
- the kojima baby thing was amazing and confusing and exciting. loved having no idea what it was about.
- fe looked ok, need to see more
- not too impressed by inside, the art is pretty and even if i really liked limbo, the stuff they showed about inside did little for me
- i still think the last guardian doesn't look great but i think it may just not be a game that demoes well and i'm kind tired of seeing the same thing over and over again
- horizon was nothing new but the concept still works. robot dinosaurs are just cool
- mount & blade 2 didn't look too hot but fuck it it's mount & blade, it'll never look hot and that's why i love it
- scalebound was uhh... i have no idea wtf scalebound was, but it looked bad

mp1990

Banned
In celebration of the new Zeruda~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hand of Fate -- MB-0C8E5B9174CB8EAE - Taken by Zeeman. 28 entrants total.
Snakebird -- MB-F892F33F5705E5ED - Taken by TheAutomator. 2 entrants total.
Deathtrap -- MB-A1B2880B9E8CB938 - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.
1001 Spikes -- MB-7879FB49407E8506 - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
Absolute Drift -- MB-89FBA38AA2818FDA - Taken by shockdude. 3 entrants total.

t1465957536z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
the modder that did the spiders no more mod for witcha 3 just uploaded the version that works with the latest dlc

modders are great, modding is great

Vibranium

Banned
I just finished the Resident Evil 7 demo and holy shit is it good. Like legit good. It was spooky with a few jump scares that didn't work all that well on me, but it was intense and I got really invested and curious about this house and the crew that had been there. Wonderful demo. I think Resident Evil 7 can end up among the best Resident Evil games. The atmosphere is like in REmake but intense and more upfront. I hope they can also deliver on the combat aspect and don't overdo it, so that you will feel vulnerable like you do in the demo. I'm excited.

Yep. I just hope there are parts of the plantation mansion that are nicer looking than the demo. I want to see some great architecture like the Spencer Mansion. George Trevor's sense of style can't be beaten so far.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of mp1990, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hand of Fate -- MB-0C8E5B9174CB8EAE - Taken by Zeeman. 28 entrants total.
Snakebird -- MB-F892F33F5705E5ED - Taken by TheAutomator. 2 entrants total.
Deathtrap -- MB-A1B2880B9E8CB938 - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.
1001 Spikes -- MB-7879FB49407E8506 - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
Absolute Drift -- MB-89FBA38AA2818FDA - Taken by shockdude. 3 entrants total.

t1465957536z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm not going to ask why I was suddenly given this:

nRa44Ym.jpg

I just want to know what is the most undignified thing I can do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom