• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

… Echo River Central Exchange Fax 270- 3 -81 2
Monday 03:25:17 cc Loretta, Archival for training purposes only
<< Transcript begins >>
Operator: Operator speaking.
Caller: Yes, hello. Hi. Is this Gwen?
Operator: Oh, hello Joe. How can I help you.
Caller: How are you, Gwen?
Operator: Bless your heart, Joe, I’m at work.
Caller: Me too.
Operator: What can I do for you?
Caller: Well, Slim’s got three or four shelves just about full of canned carrots and they’re not moving, you know.
Operator: Ok.
Caller: And he says “Joe, get these out of here!”
Operator: Joe, I don’t mean to …
Caller: I was going to make a few calls and see who wants them.
Operator: I can connect you.
Caller: Got anyone in mind?
Operator: Who were you thinking of calling?
Caller: Well … I don’t remember …
Operator: You don’t remember who you were calling?
Caller: I had a couple ideas, but I don’t remember the numbers.
Operator: I can look them up -- with whom should I connect you, Joe?
Caller: Well I was thinking about this town -- I mean the folks in this town I used to know about.
Operator: Which town?
Caller: When I was a boy, Gwen. I don’t remember the name of it.
Operator: What’s the listing? I can try it by name.
Caller: You’d know it if you heard about it. There’s no roads in or out. But it has its own little roads.
Operator: Joe, I need a name to look up.
Caller: Yeah, I’m trying to remember one. There was a man like a preacher. There was a school, teachers. Garbage trucks. Mail. A young lady who fixed boots …
Operator: You said you had some carrots?
Caller: Canned carrots. For the horses!
Operator: The horses.
Caller: They have horses.
Operator: How about I look up a few horse farms for you, Joe?
Caller: They weren’t farm horses. They didn’t live in a stable -- They just walked on the streets! Like people, you know?
Operator: Ok, Joe. I need a street or something, though.
Caller: There was a … Dogwood Drive!
Operator: Dogwood Drive. Alright, Joe, I’ll see what I can find.
<< Transcript ends >>
Echo River Central Exchange Fax 270- 3 -81 2
Monday 03:25:17
…

Anustart

I'm not going to ask why I was suddenly given this:

nRa44Ym.jpg

I just want to know what is the most undignified thing I can do with it.

Give it to the Mars Corporation in a delayed thank you for 2 years of free cable. But open it first to make sure no foils.

I'm watching the Scalebound trailer now. People were so negative, I'm surprised that it actually looks kinda fun? It just looks like a faster Monster Hunter. Climbing giant enemies gives me Dragon's Dogma feels. Animations and combat look solid, if not particularly innovative.

Do you mean the new multiplayer trailer?

It's pretty underwhelming compared to what they've shown last year. Last year's trailers were so good, and the new one is unfortunately like an anti climax for some. I'm still highly anticipating the game though.

Branson

So if the steam sale is like next week, and RE1 and 0 are both discounted right now, I should probably get them right? Last time this happened I remember them not being discounted during the sale.

Sarcasm

I'm watching the Scalebound trailer now. People were so negative, I'm surprised that it actually looks kinda fun? It just looks like a faster Monster Hunter. Climbing giant enemies gives me Dragon's Dogma feels. Animations and combat look solid, if not particularly innovative.

The E3 demo, I just watched it, was not a good showcase.

Sure may be faster MH, but not as intense. Watching it felt more like an MMO.

Though the mounting is pretty similiar to DDO/MH4U, pretty neat.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I'll have to disagree, it looked dreadful. For Kamiya, whose games are typically full of energy with the gameplay mechanics, Scalebound looked like a complete bore. Range attacked looked like their was no impact, specifically the bow. The melee looked clunky and slow with most of the action being the player stuck on a fix platform and slow attacks to roll against.

It could be a bad demo segment, but the large boss fight did not work at all for this title.

Lomax

So if the steam sale is like next week, and RE1 and 0 are both discounted right now, I should probably get them right? Last time this happened I remember them not being discounted during the sale.

With refunds there's no risk, if you buy them now and they gone on sale cheaper next week, just refund it and buy it cheaper.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Give it to the trash bot, if that still exists.

TrashBot was taken offline due to the tightened security measures on trading, but there are alternatives.

Yeah, given the close proximity to the Summer Sale, they're unlikely to have a deeper discount. If you want to err on the side of caution, you could buy the games now but ignore them until the Summer Sale starts -- if they're cheaper, refund and buy them again, but if they're not, dive right in.

If you buy Resident Evil Remake you're automatically cool to me.

Also, I desperately need Capcom to confirm if the VR support isn't going to be stupidly disabled on the PC version of RE7.

Anustart

That ad reporting thing driving me nuts. Ever since it was implemented, the page shifts on mobile and now I'm always tapping on wrong topic because of said shift after everything loads.

Damn near caused me to go into the k pop thread.

I want to hack and slash things, and I want to shoot things.

Any fast paced games like this without pay-walls or any of that nonsense?

I'm thinking Warframe, but more like a solid single-player experience.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just saw the best JaseC post. He has peaked, he can retire Gaf now.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Does it necessarily have to be free to play or multiplayer? I'm not clear if you're asking for something like a single player game, or an actual single player game.

Maybe it's because someone in the thread was playing it recently, but the first thing I thought of was Shadow Warrior. You hack and slash and shoot a lot in that game. There's some slashy shooty magic too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

It should be cheap for the upcoming sale. But if you want a game with Hack and Slash + Shooting. Space Marine is ideal.

Hektor

I hope we get more of those pt resi7 demo kind of games in the future. The idea of a game being solved by the collective of the internet over a spread amount of time is so incredibly interesting. But they shouldn't all be first person horror games tho.

Lain

Remember when shackles complained about a key site requiring his cellphone number to send him a verification code? Well, Humblebundle just requested my cellphone number to send me a verification code to be able to confirm my purchase. Humble is no better than shady keysites anymore!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Gone Home: One Year Later is a strange game, but I am interested in what the end result will be. Though I don't know why it's called RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil BEGINNING HOUR

derFeef

Remember when shackles complained about a key site requiring his cellphone number to send him a verification code? Well, Humblebundle just requested my cellphone number to send me a verification code to be able to confirm my purchase. Humble is no better than shady keysites anymore!

Well, Humble is a little less shady ;)

Does it necessarily have to be free to play or multiplayer? I'm not clear if you're asking for something like a single player game, or an actual single player game.

Maybe it's because someone in the thread was playing it recently, but the first thing I thought of was Shadow Warrior. You hack and slash and shoot a lot in that game. There's some slashy shooty magic too.

Actually, I was hoping for non-free to play/multiplayer.

It should be cheap for the upcoming sale. But if you want a game with Hack and Slash + Shooting. Space Marine is ideal.

I will bve adding both Space Marine (generic title, much?) and Shadow Warrior ot my wishlist. Thanks guys. Hopefully both go on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom