• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
It will be nice to not have to filter though a dozen shitty fapbait games just because I bought a JRPG or one of the few good VNs in existence.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Perfect. But I haven't used the queue since I got to 1,111 games in the Not Interested list.

O2wTyEw.png

onward, soldier

LaTyU6q.png

Corpekata

Banned
How do I not get this but you do? That makes no sense if what you're saying is true.

It seems to be triggered by recent purchases? I don't know the formula.

I also own a TON of games so they probably didn't design the queue for people like me so they recommend either general popular stuff or stuff related to recent purchases.

Like right now for some reason I'm getting a shitload of Early Access Survival games, presumably because I activated Hurtworld and the Forest off of the Humble Monthly, but I barely play the genre.

You would think it would at least adapt to be clicking Not Interested on 10 different Sakura games means to not put any more in my list, but they all show up.

Steam Curator recs also would frequently tell me to follow Waifu Hunter and Flat (something i forget that was one that curated flat chested girl characters), though they've been moved down the list as of late.

And of course there's Idle Master, which probably makes Steam think I like a lot games more than I do since the numbers are inflated by idling for cards.

AHA-Lambda

… Echo River Central Exchange Fax 270- 3 -81 2
Monday 03:25:17 cc Loretta, Archival for training purposes only
<< Transcript begins >>
Operator: Operator speaking.
Caller: Yes, hello. Hi. Is this Gwen?
Operator: Oh, hello Joe. How can I help you.
Caller: How are you, Gwen?
Operator: Bless your heart, Joe, I’m at work.
Caller: Me too.
Operator: What can I do for you?
Caller: Well, Slim’s got three or four shelves just about full of canned carrots and they’re not moving, you know.
Operator: Ok.
Caller: And he says “Joe, get these out of here!”
Operator: Joe, I don’t mean to …
Caller: I was going to make a few calls and see who wants them.
Operator: I can connect you.
Caller: Got anyone in mind?
Operator: Who were you thinking of calling?
Caller: Well … I don’t remember …
Operator: You don’t remember who you were calling?
Caller: I had a couple ideas, but I don’t remember the numbers.
Operator: I can look them up -- with whom should I connect you, Joe?
Caller: Well I was thinking about this town -- I mean the folks in this town I used to know about.
Operator: Which town?
Caller: When I was a boy, Gwen. I don’t remember the name of it.
Operator: What’s the listing? I can try it by name.
Caller: You’d know it if you heard about it. There’s no roads in or out. But it has its own little roads.
Operator: Joe, I need a name to look up.
Caller: Yeah, I’m trying to remember one. There was a man like a preacher. There was a school, teachers. Garbage trucks. Mail. A young lady who fixed boots …
Operator: You said you had some carrots?
Caller: Canned carrots. For the horses!
Operator: The horses.
Caller: They have horses.
Operator: How about I look up a few horse farms for you, Joe?
Caller: They weren’t farm horses. They didn’t live in a stable -- They just walked on the streets! Like people, you know?
Operator: Ok, Joe. I need a street or something, though.
Caller: There was a … Dogwood Drive!
Operator: Dogwood Drive. Alright, Joe, I’ll see what I can find.
<< Transcript ends >>
Echo River Central Exchange Fax 270- 3 -81 2
Monday 03:25:17
…

Kentucky route zero?

gelf

Finally queue customisation! I never have to click past a rash of early access, MMOs, card games or visual novels again.

Now if only we could filter similarly for the store-front page too.

derExperte

Since the maintenance it it takes five seconds to display current offers on the market when going to an item's page, browser or client doesn't matter. Argh.

Is Slain! now a fun game to play? I stopped paying attention after the rocky launch.

I'll wait until the next big patch that hopefully will fix achievements, in reviews (Very Positive now) and forum people are saying the improvements are massive.

woah customize your queue to exclude anime garbage #nice #wow.

Good that the'yre offering the option, myself I'd rather keep hitting Not Interested so the clutter won't pop up on the frontpage.

Pixieking

Banned
Holy shit finally, now they just need to make it a Steam wide filter too.

Bear in mind that it's based off of tags, and since Steam users make tags, some of them are a bit stupid. Dark Souls II: SotFS edition, for instance, has the tag "walking simulator", as does Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

That said, it looks like Valve have started curating the tags with this customization option - there's far less silly/stupid tags on games than I remember.

We were worried it'd be a quick iOS port, which had room escape puzzles removed.

Well, there were two opinions:
Straigth port of NDS, so dual screen as if it was an emulator but puzzles and old assets...
Straigth port of iOS, so no puzzles but one screen and new assets.

In the end, it seems to be a new port, with new widescreen assets as opposed to portrait one in iOS and puzzles.

septicore

I guess, this will be the source of it.

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/742983903187750913

Also he kinda confirms VLR is also getting a Steam port.

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/742994942394503169

Edit:

There's another person on twitter asking about puzzles in the new port of 999 and he replies with the same tweet.

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/742984656631549954

It is safe to say, it is a remake/remaster of 999 with everything like the original and maybe storyline flowchart included? Like the one in the iOS port.

mp1990

Banned
999 upcoming Steam/Vita port will have puzzles, according to Uchikoshi's twitter.
Welp, that settle down my concerns. The only thing that still worries me is that, there's this one scene that uses the DS console in a very inventive way, and I'm not sure how well that'll adapt on PC. Well, it's still better than not having a choice.

And I think we can expect these ports to release next month? That's cool but I was expecting at least 999 to release before ZTD, doesn't make much sense to have the latter game of a franchise before the former.

AHA-Lambda

Ah good :)

I played 999 on iOS as I had no other option :/
I don't think I fully appreciated it this way, especially with the endgame twists

Least I can now finally play VLR too!

septicore

Welp, that settle down my concerns. The only thing that still worries me is that, there's this one scene that uses the DS console in a very inventive way, and I'm not sure how well that'll adapt on PC. Well, it's still better than not having a choice.

And I think we can expect these ports to release next month? That's cool but I was expecting at least 999 to release before ZTD, doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

Uchikoshi will be at the Anime Expo next month and he'll most likely announce the full details of both 999 and VLR being ported to PC.

Ludens

Banned
Oh man, if that leak thread about FFXV is true, the game will be a huge fiasco.
It seems at the moment only 2 hours are fully playable on PS4, when SE told the full game was playable, it was on a high-end PC apparently.
They are still recording dialogues and changing stuff because the game passed from being a trilogy to be a single game.
If true, what a mess.

Anno

Man the Steam reviews for The Division are out of control. 11% recent favorable? I'm sure there are games somewhere in the depths of Steam that literally don't work for half the people who buy them that wind up with better reviews.

Vazduh

How is RE6 CoOp?

Really fun and definitely improves on the overall experience... with one exception - Ada's campaign which is IMHO horrible in anything but single-player. When you play as Ada, you have a partner named Agent which accompanies you, but whenever she uses a grapple hook, he gets teleported beside her. I can understand the decision, but it was lousily implemented.

edit: Oh, one thing I also disliked on Steam was that if the connection got dropped, there was no drop-in option, which is frustrating since every chapter is ~60 mins of gameplay. Basically, if you get dropped out of the game - you either have to replay the segment again, or finish it alone, and then rejoin in the next chapter.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Welp... I guess that's what I get for trying to play BF4.

I play 3/4 through this level and then it reaches a point where the ship breaks in half and we have to jump to the other half. I jump but instead of landing on the deck I fall through it, so I'm floating in the water and my team is acting like I'm with them. I reload checkpoint and the checkpoint doesn't start at the jump but at your landing, so since my "landing" was falling through, now I have to restart the whole level and watch all the scripted actions of the characters again.

Ludens

Banned

I play 3/4 through this level and then it reaches a point where the ship breaks in half and we have to jump to the other half. I jump but instead of landing on the deck I fall through it, so I'm floating in the water and my team is acting like I'm with them. I reload checkpoint and the checkpoint doesn't start at the jump but at your landing, so since my "landing" was falling through, now I have to restart the whole level and watch all the scripted actions of the characters again.

Ahahah, oh man, I triggered this bug too when playing during the free 24 hours play EA did on Origin years ago, they still didn't fix the game. I ended up on uninstalling it because the game wasn't even fun for me.

derFeef

The EXACT same thing happened to me back then.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LMAO two others who got the same bug already. I knew I should have just installed MoH Airborne for a single player FPS. Haven't played that since renting it for 360 with my friend back in the day.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I actually polished off the last few missions of the Battlefield 3 campaign somewhat recently, and was surprised all over at how blatantly bad it was. From the story to the mission design, just...offensive to myriad senses. An obvious case of chasing Call of Duty's coat tails and falling face first into mediocrity. And breaking your neck.

Tizoc

Should've just gotten DOOM 2016 instead if you wanted an actual good FPS single player mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom