• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Should've just gotten DOOM 2016 instead if you wanted an actual good FPS single player mode.
Nah, I should be playing the 1000 games I already own. But are you insinuating that Airborne doesn't have a good campaign? It's fucking awesome. Tho I never did finish Wolf TNO and it's still installed so maybe that'd be better for now.

Tizoc

Nah, I should be playing the 1000 games I already own. But are you insinuating that Airborne doesn't have a good campaign? It's fucking awesome. Tho I never did finish Wolf TNO and it's still installed so maybe that'd be better for now.

Sorry I meant that instead of BF4 you should've gotten and played DOOM '16 instead ^^;

I need the Yakuza titles on Steam.

It's all a matter of time.
Grief knows it
I know it
Just wait it out mate
Wait
it out

Yes, I believe so. Unlike most folks in this thread, I haven't lost faith in Sega.

How could I not lose faith ?
They said several ports are coming... yet it's June and we still have to wait for the November lottery :")
What will it be about for the Mysterious Port this year ? Sonic Boom ? Sonic 2006 ? Shinobi 3DS ? Conduit 2 ? :")

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh shit I have FC3 Blood Dragon. That should be a fun little romp, yeah? Only a 3.2GB install as well.

AHA-Lambda

Oh man, if that leak thread about FFXV is true, the game will be a huge fiasco.
It seems at the moment only 2 hours are fully playable on PS4, when SE told the full game was playable, it was on a high-end PC apparently.
They are still recording dialogues and changing stuff because the game passed from being a trilogy to be a single game.
If true, what a mess.

Fucking hell O_O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welp... I guess that's what I get for trying to play BF4.

I play 3/4 through this level and then it reaches a point where the ship breaks in half and we have to jump to the other half. I jump but instead of landing on the deck I fall through it, so I'm floating in the water and my team is acting like I'm with them. I reload checkpoint and the checkpoint doesn't start at the jump but at your landing, so since my "landing" was falling through, now I have to restart the whole level and watch all the scripted actions of the characters again.

Something similar happened to me in 3. I ran too far ahead of my AI teammates that they were banished from the level, and since the game is scripted up the wazoo, it didn't take long for me to encounter a door that that I couldn't open myself because SUPER AWESOME CINEMATIC GAME LOGIC dictates that mere humans cannot interact with said door.

fenners

Get these HumbleBundle spares outta my account, please!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-6857006F2D8CC048 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.
Mountain -- MB-3BA350644DE4C88E - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Tomb Raider I -- MB-D72074E0F5316871 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-4A78DB57E3D587EF - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 1 entrants total.

t1465995372z1.png

Nillansan

How could I not lose faith ?
They said several ports are coming... yet it's June and we still have to wait for the November lottery :")
What will it be about for the Mysterious Port this year ? Sonic Boom ? Sonic 2006 ? Shinobi 3DS ? Conduit 2 ? :")

These things take time, I do honestly believe that Sega UK (who seems to be the ones that are spearheading the PC port initiative) are constantly facing an uphill battle considering how rigidly ass-backwards the Japanese branch is. For the record, if they port any of the titles mentioned in your post prior to any of the heavily requested titles, I will probably join you in your skepticism.

I'm self-employed, live alone, and make just enough to cover my basic expenses in life with an occasional treat here and there. Gaming is no longer a central hobby of mine, and I rarely ever purchase anything anyhow. No need for the disdain.
If you're going to buy from a shady reseller, I would prefer you buy from cdkeys.

These things take time, I do honestly believe that Sega UK (who seems to be the ones that are spearheading the PC port initiative) are constantly facing an uphill battle considering how rigidly ass-backwards the Japanese branch is. For the record, if they port any of the titles mentioned in your post prior to any of the heavily requested titles, I will probably join you in your skepticism.

Worst thing is, The Conduit already has an Android port :")
For the record, if they port any of the heavily requested titles, I'll be okay with the one port per year :")

Deques

I'm self-employed, live alone, and make just enough to cover my basic expenses in life with an occasional treat here and there. Gaming is no longer a central hobby of mine, and I rarely ever purchase anything anyhow. No need for the disdain.

Are you ok that you might get your keys revoked?

Knurek

You can afford supporting thieves like G2A or cddefinitelynotshadykeys and you can't afford legit Humble Bundle $1 tiers, which give you a game for $.33?

Nillansan

I was referring to the fact that you are buying your games from G2A. You are purchasing games from a site known for its fraudulent practices, which ultimately hurt the content providers. Fucking disgusting. Also, for someone with a limited gaming budget, you sure like to gamble with your money.

I use humblebundle as well, and was unaware of g2a's fraudulent practices. I just assumed people were selling unwanted keys. I'm sorry that my existence disgusts you.

It seems at the moment only 2 hours are fully playable on PS4, when SE told the full game was playable, it was on a high-end PC apparently.
They are still recording dialogues and changing stuff because the game passed from being a trilogy to be a single game.
If true, what a mess.

It'll be hilarious if it's true. The game is actually developed for PC and consoles just got a port. But magically they delay the PC version just because. I bet they have all prepared, PC version trailer which will be released later with 4k 60fps etc as its main features.

JaseC

I've been "cashing out" on G2A by way of selling spares of yanked games. For the most part it's been painless, but a listing for a game you haven't previously sold will be manually suspended soon after creation and won't be unlocked until proof of purchase has been provided. That's where the frustration lies -- you absolutely have to provide proof of purchase, which you can't do if you received the game as a gift yourself.

Knurek

It'll be hilarious if it's true. The game is actually developed for PC and consoles just got a port. But magically they delay the PC version just because. I bet they have all prepared, PC version trailer which will be released later with 4k 60fps etc as its main features.

If the game still runs on White Engine 2.0, it will run at 4k 20-30-60-20-30-60-20-30-60 fps.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've been "cashing out" on G2A by way of selling spares of yanked games. For the most part it's been painless, but a listing for a game you haven't previously sold will be manually suspended soon after creation and won't be unlocked until proof of purchase has been provided. That's where the frustration lies -- you absolutely have to provide proof of purchase, which you can't do if you received the game as a gift yourself.

How has your dealings with G2A been? I've been thinking of using it to buy a few cheap copies of Wolfenstien, COD:WF2, and Shadows of Mordor.

JaseC

How has your dealings with G2A been? I've been thinking of using it to buy a few cheap copies of Wolfenstien, COD:WF2, and Shadows of Mordor.

Fine aside from the wrinkle that I mentioned. No issues with withheld payments, scam attempts, or anything of the sort. I've made over AUD$200 thus far, minus G2A's cut.

Of course that's how it is. You'll still have people claiming naively that it's not the same as when they mean it's developped on PC, that every game is developped on PC. But it's not the same thing at all. This game is developped for a PC environnement, for high end PCs, then it's downported to consoles. Tabata is full of shit when he claims he'd need to make a specific PC version. It's already here, with the full LOD, the regular textures and effects.

SE just believes the double dippers strategy works. It'll bite them back when FFXV releases on consoles and end up being not so good and fail to sell more than 100k on PC at full price 3 to 6 months later.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If true, what a mess.

Link to the thread?

Fine aside from the wrinkle that I mentioned. No issues with withheld payments, scam attempts, or anything of the sort. I've made over AUD$200 thus far, minus G2A's cut.

More interest in purchasing a few, but wouldn't mind try selling. Thanks.

Lumine

Perhaps I'll have more luck posting this here with all the E3 news on the frontpage.

So I forgot to buy the Narrative Humble Bundle yesterday. Yes, I'm an idiot for postponing it. Anyone happen to have bought a spare they wouldn't mind selling to me? I was actually really looking forward to trying Her Story and some of the others. Thanks in advance!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I use humblebundle as well, and was unaware of g2a's fraudulent practices. I just assumed people were selling unwanted keys. I'm sorry that my existence disgusts you.

It wouldn't be the Steam thread if we didn't push someone into a Kafkaesque nightmare.

Akoi

How often do you re-apply CPU thermal paste?

Only when my temps get bad and I think it's the paste causing the issue. But ever since I switched to MX-4 I haven't had to do this.

I guess if you could upgrading your CPU or motherboard, there's that too.

Deques

I'm torn, good games that I don't own but none of them are on my wishlist and I wouldn't play any right now and isn't ZombieRush the one with the fake reviews?

Yup. I don't plan to buy the bundle since I never heard any of the other games. Already got too many unknown indie games in my library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom