• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Crows Crows Crows of "Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger And The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist" fame are hinting at something coming via the mailing list they tell you to sign up to at the end of their game. Could be nothing of interest but keep an eye out if that is your thing

MUnited83

For you.
I'm torn, good games that I don't own and could be my thing but none of them are on my wishlist and I probably wouldn't play any of them right now and isn't ZombieRush the one with the fake reviews?

wait for happy hour, get the whole bundle for less than 2$ on a group buy.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm torn, good games that I don't own and could be my thing but none of them are on my wishlist and I probably wouldn't play any of them right now and isn't ZombieRush the one with the fake reviews?

As someone who use to purchase all the Humble Indie Bundles. I ended up removing some 50+ games from my Steam library. Just because I have no interest in playing them nor time. There are so many games worth playing out there, there is no pointing in even padding your backlog with games you may play on a rainy day. Spend a bit more on a title you'll actually play, versus less on games you'll never touch.

JaseC, bought a few games and all codes worked. Thanks. Got a bunch of hold outs I've been interesting in playing for about half the costs of what they would be going through Steam Sales.

Is Car Mechanic Simulator actually any good? I saw the GB Quick Look of it and it looked kind of neat but so many Simulator games are just total garbage.

Red Hood

Banned
Dex-Artwork.jpg

Dex finally has a 50% off sale, but there's one catch: it's not on Steam. Obviously that's no punishment, but I hope this means we can expect a Dex sale on Steam soon. Summer Sale perhaps?

derExperte

Dex finally has a 50% off sale, but there's one catch: it's not on Steam. Obviously that's no punishment, but I hope this means we can expect a Dex sale on Steam soon. Summer Sale perhaps?

Dex has been getting 50% off sales on Steam regularly since last summer, almost every other month if ITAD isn't lying, I'd wait.

JaseC, bought a few games and all codes worked. Thanks. Got a bunch of hold outs I've been interesting in playing for about half the costs of what they would be going through Steam Sales.

On G2A? Play them asap before they're gone again.

Ludens

Banned
WOW, Final Fantasy XII Remastered is 50 bloody euro on PS4.
Square-Enix is getting stingy with those remastered, considering FFX/X-2 Remastered was the same price but at least if offered two games plus the dungeon crawler mini-game.

999 upcoming Steam/Vita port will have puzzles, according to Uchikoshi's twitter.

This would be so great. I was dead sure they'd just port the IOS version on Steam. Couldn't even imagine that they would do the right thing and port the DS version over.

If only they had released 999 and VLR well in advance of ZE3 instead of alongside it or even after it, which is looking likely now.

I actually polished off the last few missions of the Battlefield 3 campaign somewhat recently, and was surprised all over at how blatantly bad it was. From the story to the mission design, just...offensive to myriad senses. An obvious case of chasing Call of Duty's coat tails and falling face first into mediocrity. And breaking your neck.

DICE just can't do single player campaigns well (yes, yes, I know, they made Bad Company).

I finished Mirror's Edge Catalyst yesterday. After some reflection, I'm just sad about the game experience and what it means for the future of Mirror's Edge (there is none). The parkour is amazing, it can look breathtakingly beautiful at times and the handcrafted main story missions are really well made and fun to play. Outside of that almost everything else in the game is bordering on mediocre. The story, writing and dialogues are offensively bad. The open world is the worst I've seen in a game in quite some time. It's completely lifeless, illogical and filled with the most mundane tasks and activities (somehow beating Ubi at this). It's not even a real open world. More like half a dozen or so hubs connected by singular paths so you find yourself going up and down those same paths over and over instead of freely running from one point to the other as you like to. The combat in this game was better but never what I'd call good and most of the time it devolved into ridiculousness as you'd run around combat areas doing parkour tricks to build up your 'shield/armor' which would negate enemy attacks and then you'd try to chain together a wall run attack to do more damage than just a normal attack.

The game was delayed by over 6 months so I can only assume that they ran into production problems and DICE probably had to allocate resources to their bigger projects, Battlefront and Battlefield. The result is a game where it feels like the developers just gave up months ago. The first Mirror's Edge wasn't a big seller or a particularly well received game and it was a minor miracle that they actually went ahead and made another one. But with the second one getting deservedly average reviews and what I assume will be poor sales, it's safe to say that Mirror's Edge dies here and that's a shame because it really was something innovative that just never managed to hit the mark.

Dex has been getting 50% off sales on Steam regularly since last summer, almost every other month if ITAD isn't lying, I'd wait.

Yeah, I distinctly remember it getting a Steam sale of 50% and I distinctly remember thinking "Ehh, not cheap enough, yet."

The user reviews, even when positive, are pretty lukewarm.

It's been on my radar for a while, though. Metroidvania-ish cyberpunk RPG sidescroller? Yeah, that's me all day.

derExperte

Yeah, I distinctly remember it getting a Steam sale of 50% and I distinctly remember thinking "Ehh, not cheap enough, yet."

The user reviews, even when positive, are pretty lukewarm.

It's been on my radar for a while, though. Metroidvania-ish cyberpunk RPG sidescroller? Yeah, that's me all day.

They've updated the game A LOT since release, take older reviews with a grain of salt.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Lemurzin on the left, ZombieRush on the right

I'd assume the ZombieRush game is the knock-off, but the developer has made other games apparently (Base Squad 49, under a different name Rai Studios).

Both feature the same kind of broken english and similar grammatical slips, so it's messy

Steam needs to do something about the joke games being released on Steam

Appears they have: the ability to purchase Lemurzin was disable. This is the game that famously had DLC that was $99.

Edit: And it looks like ZombieRush was disabled, too.

Ludens

Banned
Do you think what's funny, now that I'm thinking about it?
GOG gives you free games when you reach a specific amount of exp (mostly by spending money), Steam gives you a 0.05€ CARD everytime you spend 10€.
If Valve would give away free games like GOG is doing, they would be the best, but GOG is scamming people by giving them games (and even a good selection) XD

Link to the thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Do you think what's funny, now that I'm thinking about it?
GOG gives you free games when you reach a specific amount of exp (mostly by spending money), Steam gives you a 0.05€ CARD everytime you spend 10€.
If Valve would give away free games like GOG is doing, they would be the best, but GOG is scamming people by giving them games (and even a good selection) XD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181

Danke,

On that, I've been selling my cards and items from DOTA2 Comps. Found out I've made over 100$ so far and I've only bought the DOTA2 Comp 3 times. So I'm saying I'm doing pretty well on Steam.

How often do you re-apply CPU thermal paste?

As has been mentioned if you have good thermal paste you really don't need to reapply it unless you think it is causing a cooling issue. It should take you through the CPU's EOL.

Just make sure you know if your cooling system is using aluminium or not as some TPs cannot be used with aluminium.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that indiegala bundle is good and bizarre since they have been pushing we are the dwarves HARD the last few weeks on twitter

"buy we are the dwarves 15% off and get 2 free games!"

"aw fuck it just bundle it"

whut?

Grief.exe

WOW, Final Fantasy XII Remastered is 50 bloody euro on PS4.
Square-Enix is getting stingy with those remastered, considering FFX/X-2 Remastered was the same price but at least if offered two games plus the dungeon crawler mini-game.

They seem to be investing quite heavily in these ports and not simply rendering them at higher resolution. New textures, modeling, score, etc.

Physical releases also kill their margins for these kind of releases.

Ludens

Banned
They seem to be investing quite heavily in these ports and not simply rendering them at higher resolution. New textures, modeling, score, etc.

Physical releases also kill their margins for these kind of releases.

Sorry but it's not an excuse. On console we passed from 3 games for 40€ HD collections to two games for 50€ (SE), and even 70€ for a remastered like Type 0 because it got bundled with a demo. And Even Kingdom Hearts games, from 50€ for two titles and a collection ov movies to 60€ for one remastered+short prequel+novel.

It's too much, plain and simple, they keep rising the price.

Tizoc

Sorry but it's not an excuse. On console we passed from 3 games for 40€ HD collections to two games for 50€ (SE), and even 70€ for a remastered like Type 0 because it got bundled with a demo. And Even Kingdom Hearts games, from 50€ for two titles and a collection ov movies to 60€ for one remastered+short prequel+novel.

Just grab it off US PSN when it goes on sale~

MadGear

Oh nice, I just noticed that you can now exclude certain tags (sadly no combinations) from you discovery queue. Finally no more visual novels for me.

However, I can't think of any other Tag that I want to completely ignore right now. Hm, maybe Survival.

I got my Steam Controller! I'm surprised the pads don't have 4-way click. I thought they did. The feel in my hands is really nice, but the bumpers are really stiff and it's difficult to push them without pushing the pads too.

Random poll: a buddy gave me an old 360 controller. The cord is cut, the sticks are worn, and he did a bad repaint that is half worn off. What would you do with it? Clean it and replace the sticks/cord or mod it into a fight stick or something else?

damn it for a second i thought there was a new gone home

i don't even want that but i liked thinking abot it lol

I thought Grown Up was a sequel to Gone Home.

Deques

According to you what would be valid reason to have high prices on remasters? I'm just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom