• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKB

Guys, i need some help.

I'm trying to upload an image for my mod on Steam Workshop. I chose an image and clicked the upload button. After that, steam gave me this message.

WHPYtli.jpg

I clicked continue, but nothing happened.

EDIT : Never mind, it suddenly works now. I didn't change a thing.

Ludens

Banned
According to you what would be valid reason to have high prices on remasters? I'm just curious

There's no valid reason to have a PS2 remastered to be sold for 50€.
As I wrote on PS2 there were bundle for PS2 games, with enhanced visuals, 60 fps (often, not always), trophies etc.
What SE is doing with FFXII is exaclty the same, but yet the game is stand-alone and it's 50€.
SE only reworked FFX and KH because part of the source code was missing, and still those games were cheaper than remastered we got later.
My point is SE is just being stingy, that's it. The price for their remasters on PC are ok (well, excluding the port from iOS classics, those are overpriced I think, but FFIX, Tpe 0 and FFX, plus all XIII games are ok).

Short version is, if you want to sell a game for 50€, bundle it at least with another game, do not sell it stand-alone. People cried for the "SE tax" on KH remastered, and still SE raised the bar with later ports, asking 70€ for a one hour demo bundled with a remaster.

Flash Season 2 was great. Really liked the introduction of the
Multiverse
and more
time-travel
but the pacing was worse than S1 and the villain got very bland. The two last episodes were not that good either. Nice
Flashpoint
setup for Season 3 though.
Season 1 was ultimately better though with a superior villain and pacing.
I like it :")
Ha! I use :') as a happy face with a tear on it. Is yours supposed to be a blushing face?
Scalebound. Winner of e3 cringe award, bomba.
The first gameplay footage of last year was more interesting. Reminded me a bit of Xenoblade Chronicles. This year's footage was indeed very boring.
Also, too many edgy protags. Scalebound, Watch Dogs 2.
Yeah. And seems that Kojima game is just time-exclusive on Sonys plattforms:

Ck4lLKOWEAAwiLX.jpg:large
Very good news. Very good.
---
Have to say, after seeing ReCore gameplay footage excitement has gone drastically down.

sprinkles

I've typically done it when I'm cleaning my computer from dust and crap so every 6 months or so. I can't properly get rid of the dust from the cpu fan without taking it apart.

I should probably invest in an air can
Cans of air are amazing for cleaning out that dust you cannot reach otherwise inside a PC case.

They've updated the game A LOT since release, take older reviews with a grain of salt.

That's really good to know. Do you have any firsthand experience with the game? It will probably be one of my summer grabs.

Also, we need to get to the next page ASAP. The wall of those keyboards are brutalizing my poor eyes.

Alright so Beater Spirit and Zombie Rush from the recent indie gala bundle are loaded with fake reviews.

Within seconds of starting Beater, I can confirm that it is a pile of shit.

I'm a cordless guy. I dream of a wireless DAS.

That said, I don't mind the soft touch of Logitech, but there's no question I type way gooder with a more tactile board but it don't do nothing about my shit grammar.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Question: Sega seems strongly bifurcated between a PC-first western oriented division producing dumb Warhammer stuff and a console+mobile-only Japan-only division producing Yakuza, mobile gambling games about animu blobs, and vitatrash. How do you reconcile the two halves of the company and why is it productive to still target products to a tiny, irrelevant, and declining market just because that's the country where the company started?

I guess this doesn't fit in 140 characters

Grief.exe

Question: Sega seems strongly bifurcated between a PC-first western oriented division producing dumb Warhammer stuff and a console+mobile-only Japan-only division producing Yakuza, mobile gambling games about animu blobs, and vitatrash. How do you reconcile the two halves of the company and why is it productive to still target products to a tiny, irrelevant, and declining market just because that's the country where the company started?

It would be interesting to do some reading over Japanese business culture in contrast tonWestern business culture. From my perspective, many companies continue down inexplicable paths without regard to worldwide market shifts.

Ludens

Banned

The answer is a Sonic strategy game.

Tizoc

You may as well ask this of every Japanese company :V

Okay SteamGAF... you know what to do now :")

Where my PC Ports at?

Even though I didn't watch Sega's stream, I still don't know what disappointed me more: the 3DS new IP RPG or no Sega PC ports announced.

Lomax

Don't the majority of Sega's profits still come from pachinko machines?

Uzzy

Question: Sega seems strongly bifurcated between a PC-first western oriented division producing amazing Warhammer stuff and a console+mobile-only Japan-only division producing Yakuza, mobile gambling games about animu blobs, and vitatrash. How do you reconcile the two halves of the company and why is it productive to still target products to a tiny, irrelevant, and declining market just because that's the country where the company started?

A proper behind the scenes look at just how the two halves of the company operate would be truly fascinating.

Yeah. Maybe outside 1 or 2 games, this has been a very disappointing E3. No real big megaton or highlight.

For me, I'm quite disenchanted with the AAA games that dominate big events like E3, so there's very little of interest anyway, and most megatons or highlights get leaked beforehand or are blatantly obvious (A new Forza Horizon? A new God of War?)

Sometimes there's an indie gem that might get revealed, but it definitely seems that other gaming events give them more space to properly emerge and get some attention.

Tellaerin

Not really sure what you're suggesting here, Stump. Should Japanese companies just stop developing games for Japanese audiences because foreign markets are potentially more lucrative?

Imagine if the situation was reversed - the Asian market was more profitable for games. Would that be a compelling argument for Western-based companies to close down their domestic operations and focus on developing products for a foreign market with distinctly different tastes?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not really sure what you're suggesting here, Stump. Should Japanese companies just stop developing games for Japanese audiences because foreign markets are potentially more lucrative?

They should pivot to the global market, and to the extent that the global market and the Japanese market are divergent (which they certainly are) they should ignore their home markets.

Imagine if the situation was reversed - the Asian market was more profitable for games. Would that be a compelling argument for Western-based companies to close down their domestic operations and focus on developing products for a foreign market with distinctly different tastes?

Uh, yes, and we're seeing that right now? Have you not seen a film in the last 5 years? Anything with even a moderate budget is being developed for the Chinese market, even though all the entertainment companies are American.

Tizoc

The issue I see here is their conservative nature; they want MAINLY want the Yen.
I want to bring up a silly example in that CD Project Red, a developer from Poland, released its biggest game ever worldwide, it just seems that Japanese companies have lost that flair and edge that drove them forward and just went for the easy money/way out.
Sega 2015

Total Company Profit 12.1 billion yen
Pachislot and Pachinko Division Profit 15.4 billion yen

Isn' the Pachi market going down though? Or rather becoming less lucrative? SNK for one had bailed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom