• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Is there any metric on how much the average card goes up at the beginning of a sale? It seems like the sale this time will have some meta game involving crafting of badges so I expect some uptick, just not sure how much.

It depends mostly on distribution method. Last sale you could get three cards within minutes of the sale start, so of course prices crashed instantly. Even with a metagame, if that's the case, expect prices to crash (unless the metagame consumes a tremendous amount of them, which is possible but unlikely). However in old sales with voting, the first free card wasn't handed out until a while after the sale started (three votes usually, which took 16 hours or so), which meant there was time for the initial supply to get used up, causing prices to spike. Though what actually caused the prices to spike the most was the store breaking, which it did for the first few sales, which made me a ton (prices would spike up over a dollar a card while no one could list them).

It's been quite a few sales now since cards did anything but drop after the sale started. And they only drop during the sale. So you could game on the metagame, but personally I'd recommend just selling them.

Of course, with the added restrictions, the average user won't be able to just sell their cards on the market instantly any more, so I don't know what effect that will have, so that's a wildcard you might want to factor in. But let's face it, it's been two years since there was a metagame that actually used up cards, so it seems unlikely there will be one this year.

Mr. Doop

Steam Thread Image for every thread going forward:

ss_3a53532042279924688aab75d0a94fd3b222a350.1920x1080.jpg

Pretty sure that is Mr Orange

I'm ok with this.

Granjinha

I think the strange thing is that mini companies like If or Spike Chunsoft can put out multiple Ports each year on Steam, while we got two (?) console exclusive ports. VC and Sonic.

Their games are more simple, and the ports are not as good, AFAIK

Valkyria Chronicles was a nice surprise, but that's been 2 years soon. And the only other thing they've ported in that time was some Sonic game.

They also did the Mega Drive stuff and some other things, AFAIK

Looks like I'll be forking out money for a NX and a Neo. I've gone 8 years without a console. I might back out. All I want is Zelda for the NX and...

Nier
Gravity Rush 2
Bloodborne
along with other games that won't make the jump to PC.

Nier is definitely coming to PC.

Tizoc

I tried the Doom demo, it was OK.

Definitely didn't make me want to grab it at full price.

The game has a really slow start, but once you get more weapons and mroe enemies start showing up, it gets good. I'd say by mission 2 and 3 it starts getting way better.

Ascheroth

Their games are more simple, and the ports are not as good, AFAIK

They also did the Mega Drive stuff and some other things, AFAIK

Nier is definitely coming to PC.

I forgot about that. Heard good things but haven't tried it myself yet.
---
Possibly, now that SE is basically out of Final Fantasies to port over.

derExperte

Anyone interested in region restricted Steam gifts of BloodRayne 1, 2 and MGS: Ground Zeroes?

This is a restricted gift which can only be redeemed in these countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Republic of, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Russian Federation

I realize that this isn't really the best place to ask but i'm not sure where else to, i thought EA had a free week for the Vault on Origin? Does anyone know how to get it?

Ozium

It actually doesn't get good until a few hours in with the way they trickle in weapons.

The game has a really slow start, but once you get more weapons and mroe enemies start showing up, it gets good. I'd say by mission 2 and 3 it starts getting way better.

The only gun you need is the shotgun.

My issue is that it was just kind of boring.. I would just shoot people and then hit F.. the Imps I would have to shoot maybe twice before hitting F

or else you can just mash F

I was playing on hard, and was bored.. I liked the map and the exploration aspects like old school doom tho, but not enough for full price

jediyoshi

Love how all the trailing particle effects in the screenshots just look like rendering errors

My issue is that it was just kind of boring.. I would just shoot people and then hit F.. the Imps I would have to shoot maybe twice before hitting F

or else you can just mash F

I was playing on hard, and was bored.. I liked the map and the exploration aspects like old school doom tho, but not enough for full price

Can't help you out there, as a shooter Doom's always just had shooting. It's not a leap if you never enjoyed the old ones.

derExperte

It's not possible with Steam gifts (you can, but you'd be taking a big risk and you wouldn't be able to play them without a VPN)

Don't think it has a play-restriction but yes, wouldn't risk my account using VPN to activate.

I realize that this isn't really the best place to ask but i'm not sure where else to, i thought EA had a free week for the Vault on Origin? Does anyone know how to get it?

You sure that's on PC and not Xbox for GwG subs?

Nabs

KrXi2NS.png

PZEJ5HP.png

Fucking Bullestorm. Had to manually delete a bunch of files and download/install the title updates myself. At least it works now.

madjoki

KrXi2NS.png

PZEJ5HP.png

Fucking Bullestorm. Had to manually delete a bunch of files and download/install the title updates myself. At least it works now.

But Windows Store will be different it will just work!

Slightly related, have thet fixed not being able to download from GFWL Store?

MUnited83

For you.
Not interest

Wishlist

Almost all of the titles on my Queue say "This game is in your discovery queue just to see if you might be interested."

Tellaerin

Started my first playthrough of F.E.A.R. the other day. They don't make FPS's like this anymore. Not sure if I'm playing it the right way (I've been abusing the hell out of bullet time, lol), but I'm enjoying it.

Game looks surprisingly decent for its age - I think it holds up better visually than HL2. Enemy AI's fun to fight against - they'll flank, cover each other, try to flush you into the open with grenades, etc. (Sometimes I feel like single-player AI in FPS's is actually getting worse over time...)

There's something about the feel of the story elements (a near future world, psychically controlled clone soldiers, shadowy government experiments, a creepy girl apparition that reminds me of Sadako from The Ring, and an antagonist named "Paxton Fettel") that makes me think the guys at Monolith were a) manga fans and/or b) enjoyed playing tabletop RPG's in their spare time. (I get that vibe from Volition's output, too. One of the reasons I think I like the games from both companies as much as I do.) Maybe that's just me, though.

Started my first playthrough of F.E.A.R. the other day. They don't make FPS's like this anymore. Not sure if I'm playing it the right way (I've been abusing the hell out of bullet time, lol), but I'm enjoying it.

Game looks surprisingly decent for its age - I think it holds up better visually than HL2. Enemy AI's fun to fight against - they'll flank, cover each other, try to flush you into the open with grenades, etc. (Sometimes I feel like single-player AI in FPS's is actually getting worse over time...)

There's something about the feel of the story elements (a near future world, psychically controlled clone soldiers, shadowy government experiments, a creepy girl apparition that reminds me of Sadako from The Ring, and an antagonist named "Paxton Fettel") that makes me think the guys at Monolith were a) manga fans and/or b) enjoyed playing tabletop RPG's in their spare time. (I get that vibe from Volition's output, too. One of the reasons I think I like the games from both companies as much as I do.) Maybe that's just me, though.

Each combat scenario was so much fun to blast through — feeling like the enemy is actually adapting to what you do goes such a long way in making it fun.

Oreoleo

You're doing it right, don't worry. There's no downside to spamming the slow-mo so smoke em if ya got em.

Nabs

It's a shame Dead Rising 4 looks like more DR3. Hey Cap, can we get DR1? I won't complain about the boring turn the series has made.

rtcn63

RE6 was basically a halfway attempt at DMC combat but with guns and a terrible campaign.

Give us another third-person shooter RE. It doesn't have to be a numbered or high budget title. Just a well-paced campaign with encounters that make use of the ribbon dancing.

And no fucking snipers or falling on your ass.

Granjinha

I'm sure both Nier and Ni-Oh will eventually come to PC. Both companies are ramping up their support for the platform.

Last year, when people asked Platinum's producer if Nier was exclusive, he evaded the question and basically answered 'well it will launch on PS4'

Kagemusha

Steam Inventory Helper extension now reads and writes data to multiple sites. So it's probably not safe now. Any other way to sell cards fast?

I guess i'll try to list all my cards manually now. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom