• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

So FFXV is running @ 800p on Xbox one. Not only are they releasing it on a console with barely any jrpg fans (and will sell terribly as a result) but they also are dragging performance of the game back 10 years into the past.

giphy.gif

FFS Square. How can they not announce a pc version and release it day n date? Makes me never want to support such an incompetent and out of touch company again.

GaussTek

Hey guys, which NFS would you recommend to grab... Rivals or 2015? Just want one for now.

(Yeah, I know this is the Steam thread, but whatever :p)

I said unless, Ozi. I haven't read up on it yet. I'm leaving that to before I pull the purchase trigger. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ V still had its downfalls. There'll be more. And then I'll regret buying base game early because the expansions cost is painful upkeep.

If it comes out on Steam down the line, and I'm still doubting it - bet you it'll be X1 as a joke because at least 360 had NieR - I'll give away a copy Day 1. You can hold me to it. Bookmark this.

Ok, bookmarked :")

Tizoc

So FFXV is running @ 800p on Xbox one. Not only are they releasing it on a console with barely any jrpg fans (and will sell terribly as a result) but they also are dragging performance of the game back 10 years into the past.

giphy.gif

FFS Square. How can they not announce a pc version and release it day n date? Makes me never want to support such an incompetent and out of touch company again.
They just want that console money
And really a delayed pc release didnt affect gta5's sales
Then again that is gta but still

Anyone have steam recommendations for ninja games? I'd love to play Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden duology but it seems like I'm outta luck. Would Yaiba or Ninja Blade scratch that itch? Any other suggestions?

Tizoc

Hey guys, which NFS would you recommend to grab... Rivals or 2015? Just want one for now.

(Yeah, I know this is the Steam thread, but whatever :p)
Nfs hot pursuit on steam is a nice arcade racer
Heard decent things about most wanted too
Anyone have steam recommendations for ninja games? I'd love to play Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden duology but it seems like I'm outta luck. Would Yaiba or Ninja Blade scratch that itch? Any other suggestions?
Yaiba is a musou-lite game
Strider '14 is a metroidvania game
Mark of the ninja is a good stealth game

Ninja Blade isn't worth it unless you just want to watch some cool cutscenes.

-The protagonist is a dork.
-It plays like God of War lite.
-Trying to run the game at 60 FPS breaks a lot of critical stuff (like wall-running).
-Repetitive

The only highlight is that the President from Metal Wolf Chaos makes an appearance. He should have been the main character.
---
Yaiba still doesn't work for me, but I don't have the heart to attempt a refund.

Strider 2014 is decent, but it's also bland, by the numbers, and lacks personality.
Review

---
Mark of the Ninja is probably great, but I have no stomach for stealth games.

derExperte

Yeah, I already own both of them :v

I just wanted to grab one of the newer ones.

Rivals is 30fps and so easy it's bordering on insulting, doesn't even take 10hrs to complete both campaigns. Bought NfS this week, 60fps by default and trashy FMVs so it wins by default. EA Access includes Rivals btw and also had a 10hrs trial of NfS, not sure if that's still the case (edit: listed here).

They just want that console money
And really a delayed pc release didnt affect gta5's sales
Then again that is gta but still

I think it did though.
People think because a game sold well, it didn't changed anything.
In the case of FFXV, I think it'll bomb on PC. Late release + the game will be destroyed.

mp1990

Banned
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is a good ninja game, and it also has cute girls in sailor uniforms, so as I see it is a win-win situation.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you're looking for something like Ninja Gaiden on PC, none of the Ninja games on it are like it. It's a pure action title. Closest would be Strider, which is a 2D version of it.

3D wise, DMC4SE would be the best bet and just turn on Legendary Dark Knight mode. You have NG2 then. LOL

GaussTek

Rivals is 30fps and so easy it's bordering on insulting, doesn't even take 10hrs to complete both campaigns. Bought NfS this week, 60fps by default and trashy FMVs so it wins by default. EA Access includes Rivals btw and also had a 10hrs trial of NfS, not sure if that's still the case (edit: listed here).

You are right, Rivals is on EA access. I think I'll just grab NFS now and then grab EA access later or something for Rivals... or wait for them to give it away for free like they did with Most Wanted haha.

Thanks!

Ludens

Banned

It's simple, we are talking about SE. No Day 1 version on PC because SE wants people to double dip on their releases.
Later port with all DLCs and budget price is the way, when the game will be available for 15-20€ in each store or even less, exactly like what happened with FFXIII games.

Even Type 0, I don't know in other countries, but here in Italy it was 30€ after one month it was released, and also insanely discounted a lot of times for 15€ (and it was the first print, the one with FFXV demo).

I think FFXV will sell a lot (pre-order numbers are huge already, I think the 90€ edition is sold-out here in Italy, you can't pre-order it anymore from Gamestop), but the game will be average at best. Right now, it seems the game runs like crap on every platform, with a lot of crashes on PS4- And it's not even that good, but SE of course is pushing it a lot with movies, anime, action figure, exclusive pre-order mini-games, Iphone mini-games etc.

Also the best thing from the E3 is that RE7 Demo thread, I think people will start to play the demo with their PS4 overtuned soon in order to see if it does unlock something.
Praise to Capcom, with one red herring item and a buggy demo they got the attention they were looking for.

Rivals' in-game logic is tied to the framerate, game would be unplayable if you force it to run at a higher framerate.

Ascheroth

Saw you get quoted and thought they had ported 1/2 to PC, then noticed you said "basically". D'oh!

Maybe I should have written soon™.
I completely forgot about 1&2, was only thinking of 12 and 15, but it seems there are still more then I thought, haha.

It's simple, we are talking about SE. No Day 1 version on PC because SE wants people to double dip on their releases.
Later port with all DLCs and budget price is the way, when the game will be available for 15-20€ in each store or even less, exactly like what happened with FFXIII games.

Even Type 0, I don't know in other countries, but here in Italy it was 30€ after one month it was released, and also insanely discounted a lot of times for 15€ (and it was the first print, the one with FFXV demo).

I think FFXV will sell a lot (pre-order numbers are huge already, I think the 90€ edition is sold-out here in Italy, you can't pre-order it anymore from Gamestop), but the game will be average at best. Right now, it seems the game runs like crap on every platform, with a lot of crashes on PS4- And it's not even that good, but SE of course is pushing it a lot with movies, anime, action figure, exclusive pre-order mini-games, Iphone mini-games etc.

I think they leave more money at the table then they think with their double-dipping strategy, but I don't particularly mind myself since it means I get them a lot cheaper.

I preordered Type-0 on GMG for 18€ or something and sold the Dota preorder bonus for ~7€ or so. Good times.

Ludens

Banned
I think they leave more money at the table then they think with their double-dipping strategy, but I don't particularly mind myself since it means I get them a lot cheaper.

I preordered Type-0 on GMG for 18€ or something and sold the Dota preorder bonus for ~7€ or so. Good times.

I don't know, it could be. Type 0 sold around 120k on PC, while it sold around 1 milion on console, but I think a good 40% bought the game only for the FFXV demo.

There's no way that Battlefield 4's campaign is worse than BF3's right?

I liked BF3 campaign, while BF4 was garbage.

Powerpuff

Steam ninjas?

The classics:

The classics revisited:

The neo-retro-indies:

The stealthy:

The strategist:

The brutal:

Saty

More Steamspy DLC data:

Serious Sam 3 Bonus Content - 568,480 ±18,585
Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms - 372,980 ±15,059

Monooboe

Popular opinion is Dragonfall>HK>>>>>Returns.

Returns is a very different game mechanics and feel wise with weird saves, though I think they fixed a lot of it in later patches? Still a good game though but the addition of companions in the later two really worked.

Aaah, hmh no companions in Return, indeed that part was great in Dragonfall. Might give HK a try, but now I'm little bitter that I skipped getting it from humblebundle.XD

What are some good rhythm games on Steam? I know of Crypt of the Necrodancer but that's pretty much it. Really feel like digging into something this weekend.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What are some good rhythm games on Steam? I know of Crypt of the Necrodancer but that's pretty much it. Really feel like digging into something this weekend.

I know the timing isn't great, but you should wait for next week when everything is going on sale.

But these are good:

Audiosurf
Beat Hazard

H1PSTER

o

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game #9 -- MB-6D955AF9FB5530AE - Taken by Eila. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-63FDB71EEC099703 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-DFDB257647035731 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-055BD38604934925 - Taken by Jadax. 4 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-94202560B6504B29 - Taken by hohoXD123. 4 entrants total.

Mystery Game #7 -- MB-60EC1BD1A5524E93 - Taken by chronomac. 11 entrants total.
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-D52DE029FE8C7468 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 10 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-ADF8AD33000511EE - Taken by bigzgod. 5 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-BE5DBA658D88573B - Taken by boybrushdRED. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-A9FC7E770E25C655 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.

t1466192175z1.png

Buraindo

Popular opinion is Dragonfall>HK>>>>>Returns.

Returns is a very different game mechanics and feel wise with weird saves, though I think they fixed a lot of it in later patches? Still a good game though but the addition of companions in the later two really worked.

Wait, what do you mean no companions in Returns? Pretty sure Returns has companions as well as mercenaries like in Dragonfall. As for the save system, they patched the ability to save anywhere in Returns a good while back so it's fine now. Well, fine except for the end game.

Ok, I'm a bit late to the party, but Shadowrun: Dragonfall is so good! I didn't play Shadowrun Returns, how would it be to play it after Dragonfall? Also how is Hongkong compared to Dragonfall?

Returns is a fine game but it does become a bit of a nightmare towards the end and I can see it being a bit harder to tolerate (late game mostly) after playing the sequel.
I enjoyed Dragonfall's characters and story a whole lot more too. It's definitely worth a try at least.
Haven't played HK yet so I don't know about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom