• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old games are going to be in a weird spot once it includes the current stable of account/server-based video games with offline authentication servers/dead publishers/etc. Not really looking forward to that stuff--just getting old games running was hard enough.

Though the current trend of re-releases suggests that it won't be a problem devoid of solutions... which might be an even darker timeline.

Cj6YCFgUkAEa0mj.jpg
Cj6YCDSUgAA9lwY.jpg
Cj6YCFiUgAAa1ts.jpg

36 hours after changing my name to "Hodd Toward" with a similar picture, I was hit with a copyright strike from Bethesda for a game I've owned on PC since 2013, and bought on Xbox 360 on launch day

I know what happened (my buddy downloaded the DLC or some copyrighted mod stuff via torrent and seeded it too apparently?) but it's still hilarious

Lomax

Old games are going to be in a weird spot once it includes the current stable of account/server-based video games with offline authentication servers/dead publishers/etc. Not really looking forward to that stuff--just getting old games running was hard enough.

Though the current trend of re-releases suggests that it won't be a problem devoid of solutions... which might be an even darker timeline.

Yeah server based games is a much darker future. The Disney Infinity shutdown is the first in a while that is going to affect me, even though they claim stuff will still work, I tested to see what would happen if the game had no internet on startup and it doesn't run at all. So unless we get a patch (which seems really unlikely) it will die when they shut the servers down, even the single player stuff, and that's a shame. I'm kinda hoping we get a situation like GFWL where it just never actually shuts down, it's not like keeping a server like that running is all that expensive these days.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Cibele failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1464841081z1.png

Tizoc

Nice straw man.

The platform is built on forwards and backwards compatibility, not supporting arbitrary resolutions damages a key pillar of the platform. 1080p is a perfectly viable resolution currently, but actively railing against the inclusion of higher resolutions demonstrates a complete lack of forward thinking.

Don't Idea Factory games on Steam let you go higher than 1080p?
I think the same can be said about the Way of the Samurai games.

Aw man, Blacksea Oddysey has that "indie game curse" at launch where wireless X1 controllers cause it to freak the hell out, and you can't even navigate the menu.

Still not as silly as Solitairica yesterday having some flag in their UE4 engine set so that when you launch the game it automatically senses your Rift, and pushes the game to the headset even though it's not actually playable in the headset and not configured to actually accept any Rift inputs (it's a 2D mouse-drivencard game), but silly nonetheless. You'd figure with Blacksea Oddysey being in Early Access for a while they would have fixed something as simple as controller issues.

Neospartan

Neo Member
So I just went to a Hatsune Miku concert in my city today. That was fun.

Now I just want to play the games since there was so much content that couldn't fit in one single concert.

Sega, please.

Tellaerin

Now I just want to play the games since there was so much content that couldn't fit in one single concert.

Sega, please.

How does that even work? Somebody in a Miku outfit up on stage lipsyncing?

Phawx

VMware workstation 12 Player seems to have decent 3D acceleration emulation. Think I might be able to play MtG Battlegrounds the PC version

Lomax

I'd have done $35 for the steam controller last fall, but I've been very happy with my Xbox One controller and not having to tinker with a bunch of controller settings for the first time like, ever.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Read Only Memories -- MB-D4AF36DD7CED9791 - Taken by Jadax

Pixieking

Banned
What's the chance the revision of the Steam Controller is coming out at E3? Would you get one as your only controller?

I do have one as my only controller (actually, we have two), and it's fantastic. Be prepared to spend some time finding good configs for your games, but past that, it's a dream. I'm not even that worried about the revision - the size and weight distribution are both good on the present release, and whilst I've clumsily hit the wrong button every now and then, I've done it less than on a DS3 or 360 pad.

I do have one as my only controller (actually, we have two), and it's fantastic. Be prepared to spend some time finding good configs for your games, but past that, it's a dream. I'm not even that worried about the revision - the size and weight distribution are both good on the present release, and whilst I've clumsily hit the wrong button every now and then, I've done it less than on a DS3 or 360 pad.

That's good news. I like the tinkering and customization of things so it appeals to me in that way. I just play everything on MKB, so I thought getting a Steam Controller before a basic 360 type seems a little backwards.

kagamin

Sega, please.

A person after my own heart I see. (Soulflarz doesn't count because he just wants to rub it in that he went and I didn't)

might be day and date even, it's not like japanese companies announce PC ports until they announce the localization :p

It's interesting they are getting rid of the strip and going full on Persona.

Right, kinda forgot that it's just the early Japanese version announcement.

It's beyond interesting for me, it's playable now. Good decision from the devs.

zkylon

zkylewd
If you know any Mexican traders you can get it from them (I paid 15 dollars and some change)

tyty

good overwatch games today btw

wish i would ever get to play tracer

i swear blizzard made the most fun healers ever and it's still impossible to get ppl to pick mercy or lucio

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Heaven Island VR MMO -- MB-D77CCC03ED973403 - Taken by Fare Godmace
Deadbreed Yellow Package -- MB-52E31A9A1DD8925D - Taken by schroddycat
Fiends of Imprisonment -- MB-124A6D2287BEA342 - Taken by texhnolyze
8BitBoy -- MB-5113E3AAC9CC9EA6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 -- MB-B2A661C8DDA7C9F0 - Taken by Abomination
BlackShadows -- MB-14A3DC4A74CF63B7 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Ruzh Delta Z #2 -- MB-252DE878309747A6 - Taken by Jalal
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-36B9D5723DF11D7C - Taken by neonglow

TeraBlaster -- MB-3BFB24A67E122A32 - Taken by Jalal
Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 #2 -- MB-A95CF9B4F283FB79 - Taken by krczt23

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Heaven Island VR MMO was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Deadbreed Yellow Package was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Fiends of Imprisonment was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 8BitBoy was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BlackShadows was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for TeraBlaster was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom