• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hood

Banned
header.jpg

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is €12 (70% off) at DLGamer. It's an all-time low.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh my fucking god, how Capcom is handling Resident Evil 7's naming has to be intentional. People have complained for a while about how Capcom handles the RE series inconstancy in titling their titles, in terms of how both they format and capitalize it, as how it looks so messed-up side by side in the library, but this almost seems intentional in RE7's case.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Jawmuncher

Oh my fucking god, how Capcom is handling Resident Evil 7's naming has to be intentional. People have complained for a while about how Capcom handles the RE series inconstancy in titling their titles, in terms of how both they format and capitalize it, as how it looks so messed-up side by side in the library, but this almost seems intentional in RE7's case.

It's Beautiful

iosefe

it's the best, really

Exciting news! Dragonball Xenoverse 2 is going to have a save import feature... because the Time Patroller from DBXV1 will appear at times in 2! They also reiterated the 2016 release date. From a recent IGN interview with the Xenoverse people.

Get hyped, SteamGAF. GotY cotender right there.
I dunno. I wasn't a huge fan of the first Xenoverse. The grinding really sucks, and the fighting system feels limited.

The presentation is great though.

Panda Rin

I really want to say no tbh, I loved TLJ and Dreamfall, even without having grown up with them

It's a big step down from the previous series entries (and if you've not played them don't bother with Chapters, it'll be incomprehensible) in terms of storytelling.

The drawn out episodic format really didn't do this game any favours, makes following the plot by each episode very difficult (the previous episode was 6 months prior so I struggled in places for this new one).

And lastly, the game is quite fond of making you go pixel hunting for items in quests and it gets real irritating real quick.

I only played the first episode so far and liked it.
Decided to wait for the whole thing to be finished before continuing.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll skip it for now...reading other impressions are fairly mixed, and I'm not well-versed in the universe either. Setting looks sweet though.

I don't know if the title would be too long, but it really bothers me they didn't change the way Operation Raccoon City is named to be like the other RE games.

KingBroly

Banned

I made this comment on twitter yesterday. Stop stealing ideas from my twitter.

Speaking of RE, I bought RE6 for some reason. I hate myself, confirmed.

I really want to say no tbh, I loved TLJ and Dreamfall, even without having grown up with them

It's a big step down from the previous series entries (and if you've not played them don't bother with Chapters, it'll be incomprehensible) in terms of storytelling.

The drawn out episodic format really didn't do this game any favours, makes following the plot by each episode very difficult (the previous episode was 6 months prior so I struggled in places for this new one).

And lastly, the game is quite fond of making you go pixel hunting for items in quests and it gets real irritating real quick.

Wait...are you saying it takes the worst aspects of both of the previous entries? The BS puzzles of TLJ and the all-over-the-place storytelling of Dreamfall?

Speaking of, I really hope that Dreamfall Chapters has a better ending than Dreamfall--the latter was so bad it almost made me retroactively dislike my favourite adventure game at the time, The Longest Journey. I liked what I saw of DC Ep 1, but if there are any similarities to Dreamfall I'd rather just skip it... man, that game was such a bummer.

Teggy

Finally playing Skyrim after all the other Bethesda games is weird. It feels a lot more like Fallout 4 than Morrowind/Oblivion.

Can't believe I still remember my login for an MMO I played for nearly 4 years but stopped playing on 2012. Just downloaded the game to see what changed and I have no idea what's going on anymore regarding builds. ^^'

When are these assholes going to start invading me in DSII?

All these coop signs. Cowards.

And the enemies in this game are quite numerous and belligerent.

Doomedfool

Forgot I had this extra from the Humble Monthly

ModBot said:
Instructions for Doomedfool:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Doomedfool, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon of the Endless Crystal Pack -- MB-19BBE7D41840BE0D - Taken by Sarcasm. 8 entrants total.

t1466229845z1.png

So HOPEFULLY the bundle I'm in (and will never use again) ACTUALLY ends in 15 hours. They've pushed back three times, delayed three weeks right up to our DLC launch without telling us AND NOW throughout our second discount sale, and are generally angry that we have e-mailed them asking what is up.

I really don't think they are stupid enough to push into the Summer Sale, but who knows.

Yes, at the end of the day, we're making a few hundred, and yes this is experience for next time, but man. It is just not worth it.

MUnited83

For you.
So HOPEFULLY the bundle I'm in (and will never use again) ACTUALLY ends in 15 hours. They've pushed back three times, delayed three weeks right up to our DLC launch without telling us AND NOW throughout our second discount sale, and are generally angry that we have e-mailed them asking what is up.

I really don't think they are stupid enough to push into the Summer Sale, but who knows.

Yes, at the end of the day, we're making a few hundred, and yes this is experience for next time, but man. It is just not worth it.

I'm surprised DailyIndieGame keeps on pumping bundle after bundle and getting developers on in. The very bottom of the barrel in regards to bundle sites.

I'm surprised DailyIndieGame keeps on pumping bundle after bundle and getting developers on in. The very bottom of the barrel in regards to bundle sites.

Believe me, they are out of Bundle Roulette for us.

Groupees was good.
Indie Gala was fucking amazing for us.

July: GameBundle
August: Cubic Bundle

But then that's it unless you guys have references for me.

We've actually been selling real well on Steam even with the bundles going on. There was just a medical bill early on that took out most of our available funds, so we might need to put together a Kickstarter to hire the remaining team members for Game 2. That would come after Summer Sale.

Lomax

Well I've managed to put 5 hours into Rocket League just against bots in the last couple of days and while it's fun, I must really suck, because the rookie bots are dumb as a box of rocks but I go up even one notch and they just kick my ass. And as angry as I find myself getting against my imaginary teammates who somehow never seem to be where I need them, I know well enough to stay away from playing with real people. I do wish the season options were a bit more in depth but I knew it was a multiplayer game so I guess that's no surprise, not every game can be NBA 2K. I probably should have sold the key but it's a decent pick up and play game and thrashing the idiot rookie AI is still somewhat satisfying.

Avatar change time? Avatar change time.

Just need to finish Root Double, Witcher 3 xpac 2 and I'll be ready for Umineko and 999 Steam whenever they release.

Nicely done. I'm at 42 as of today.

SF5's mod-ability is one factor to consider getting it on Steam.
Capcom should get the update up by the 30th to help boost the game's sales uring the Summer Sale :X

Who knows with Capcom... Ibuki looked ready to drop days after they delayed her.
They could miss the June story update/Ibuki drop and give zero fucks.

But you're right, if they were smart, they'd have it out and advertise starting at the beginning of the sale... take to social media and everywhere else, try to use any hype for EVO as well.

But we're talking about Capcpom here, so who knows what they'll actually do...

--

Good job with that Steam Controller, Valve.

I turn it on to check for FW update, since I haven't used it in months.
Then I think, "Hey, I think I can try to set a config for a game outside of BPM now! Let me try this..."
Right click game (using Steam controller) at which point, the controller stops using the right touch/trackpad as a mouse.
Fine... click browse configs, select a config. Click done.

Steam crashes (or exits?).
Try it again. Same result.

What a great feature. :D

Hm, that sounds like an HDD issue. Honestly though, I didn't intend to scare you of having a bigger issue. MOBO being the problem should be unlikely.
Ah, no worries.

And with external case I meant something like this where you can plug in an internal HDD and use it as an external one.
Oh, I see, didn't even knew these things existed.

But yeah, doesn't look needed at all in your case. Good luck hunting a cheap HDD o/
Actually I already ordered one from Amazon, a 2TB from WD, taking advantage of the free Amazon Prime trial that I've never used so far, so that I could receve it quickly enough.

Speaking of which, the faulty HDD I'm currently still using is a 500GB WD with 7200RPM, while the one I've ordered is 5400RPM. Will I really feel the difference in speed? Keep in mind that my motherboard only supports up to SATA2.

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Doomedfool, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Doomedfool, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon of the Endless Crystal Pack -- MB-19BBE7D41840BE0D - Taken by Sarcasm. 8 entrants total.

t1466229845z1.png

Anybody have experience with cheaper headsets than the Vive or Oculus? Curious how they shape up, gonna be looking at one soon and am curious if there is one on par worth Oculus at least.

So I just wrote something on Twitter in response to the E3 druggings about video games gestating primarily from a toy industry, and now a bunch of gators are retweeting me.

What the fuck.

Reven

I just bought Doom on GMG and grabbed Witcher 3 too since it was a great price, but then I get a notification after checking out that they are out of keys for The Witcher and they'll send me one later. Feels bad man, at least I have Doom to tide me over.

Pixieking

Banned
So I just wrote something on Twitter in response to the E3 druggings about video games gestating primarily from a toy industry, and now a bunch of gators are retweeting me.

What the fuck.

Whilst gators retweeting sucks, what you wrote sounds interesting - what's your Twitter username?

Knurek

Speaking of which, the faulty HDD I'm currently still using is a 500GB WD with 7200RPM, while the one I've ordered is 5400RPM. Will I really feel the difference in speed? Keep in mind that my motherboard only supports up to SATA2.

You should always move speed critical data to an SSD.

Adnor

Banned
DOOM IS THE GAME OF THE GENERATION

all hail id reclaim your throne

It's so good. It shouldn't be so good but somehow id made the impossible and made a good DOOM.

I still can't believe it. It's the only reason why I still have hopes for Quake, even if it's a hero shooter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's so good. It shouldn't be so good but somehow id made the impossible and made a good DOOM.

I still can't believe it. It's the only reason why I still have hopes for Quake, even if it's a hero shooter.

Saber's behind Quake Champions, not id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom