• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought id was working on it too? At least that's what I understood for some of Tim Willits interviews, but I also saw them almost sleeping.

id's probably acting as "producer", but that doesn't really mean anything.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-88212EEFCC905495 - Taken by Purkake4. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mystery Gift was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1466242082z1.png

kagamin

TMS can't come soon enough, I need another console JRPG to play, I'll probably just restart Xenoblade Chronicles anyways...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I just wrote something on Twitter in response to the E3 druggings about video games gestating primarily from a toy industry, and now a bunch of gators are retweeting me.

What the fuck.

I have no idea what gators means... but the image I have in my head is a bunch of gators in a swamp with cell phones out on top of their head. Since the Twitter sign is a bird.

It was far funnier in my head.

AHA-Lambda

Wait...are you saying it takes the worst aspects of both of the previous entries? The BS puzzles of TLJ and the all-over-the-place storytelling of Dreamfall?

The puzzles aren't TLJ level bad, they're more akin to the "Find 5 glass bottles that could be bloody anywhere around this area" section from Life is Strange

As for the plot, well personally I found Dreamfall easier to follow than this :/
I think if you were to get the most out if it, it'd be best to have recently replayed TLJ and Dreamfall (yes both as Chapters has a lot of TLJ references), and play Chapters all the way through.
The episodic structure for Chapters really killed the pacing of its storytelling and I have no idea why they chose to go down that route. It ain't like TT games where the wait between episodes can help build tension, you just end up forgetting what bloody happened from the prior episodes

Speaking of, I really hope that Dreamfall Chapters has a better ending than Dreamfall--the latter was so bad it almost made me retroactively dislike my favourite adventure game at the time, The Longest Journey. I liked what I saw of DC Ep 1, but if there are any similarities to Dreamfall I'd rather just skip it... man, that game was such a bummer.

Well all I'll say is it has a much more conclusive ending than Dreamfall did

Coldsun

Banned
Always hate these times of the year. Want to buy stuff on steam but I know the sale is right around the corner.
*sits on hands and rocks back and forth*

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Always hate these times of the year. Want to buy stuff on steam but I know the sale is right around the corner.
*sits on hands and rocks back and forth*

If it makes you feel better, the game you really want won't be discounted any more than usual. If at all.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
It's so good. It shouldn't be so good but somehow id made the impossible and made a good DOOM.

I still can't believe it. It's the only reason why I still have hopes for Quake, even if it's a hero shooter.

Yeah DOOM is like my GOTY so far against all odds.

AND THE MUSIC IS BALLER AF, COULD IT BE MORE DOOM?!

Ozium

Krog Wars - Space Techno Music Player DLC

About This Content

Space Techno Music Player is a standalone music player featuring 5 rotating relevant hi-rez images and 5 relevant music tracks to the space techno theme.
Tracks and images can only be seen and heard via the music player.

Price: FREE

Developer: Digital Homicide Studios

Endruen

I bought the Indiegala bundle for Astrokill and I don't really want these, so there you go.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NORTH -- MB-10207E8214074465 - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
The Big Elk -- MB-1944FC0D0D5B499B - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.

t1466256802z1.png

Javier23

Banned
Are you still in Arizona? If so, you will love the second half of the game. In hindsight, the Arizona part feels like the boring prelude to the actual game.
That's very subjective. Among other things, the second half dramatically ramps up the difficulty in the Director's Cut (from what I've read it used to be pretty easy), so all the flaws of the combat system become a lot more appararent. I played it on Ranger so I spent quite a bit of time both frustrated and annoyed at the game. For instance,
I was forced to start levelling up half of my characters' skills in more useful weapon classes so they stood a better chance
. By the time I finished the game I was already fed up with the it. Still, and as I've said before, it's a very solid RPG, but not exactly one of my favorites.

Pixieking

Banned
I should really look into buying myself a dedicated desk and chair for my computer setup.

A chair! My kingdom for a decent chair! *weeps*

In Jordan for my wife's job, and we made the decision early on not to pay out £100 for a decent chair for me to sit on at my PC, considering we're probably leaving when her contract is up next July... But man, I'm in a lot of pain using a dining room chair. Poor posture and back-pain have led me to download a yoga app and start practicing. :/

Mivey

That's very subjective. Among other things, the second half dramatically ramps up the difficulty in the Director's Cut (from what I've read it used to be pretty easy), so all the flaws of the combat system become a lot more appararent. I played it on Ranger so I spent quite a bit of time both frustrated and annoyed at the game. For instance,
I was forced to start levelling up half of my characters' skills in more useful weapon classes so they stood a better chance
. By the time I finished the game I was already fed up with the it. Still, and as I've said before, it's a very solid RPG, but not exactly one of my favorites.
Why are you spoiler-texting that? My experience was different. I also played it on ranger, but was already putting a huge focus on correct positioning early on. With a right focus on melee/assault/sniper classes Arizona felt way to easy, Damonta was a nice challenge, but the area itself to dry and boring.

So I actually welcomed the higher difficulty in the later part. Of course that is subjective, it depends on how well you understand their combat system, and it's only once you reach that later part when your flaws in strategy catch up with you. So if anything, Arizona is not just boring, it also sucks at teaching you how to play well. Hope they improve on that in the next game.

Ludens

Banned
Regarding Dreamfall Chapters, I find extremely stupid the fact
my Kian turned out to be gay because I refused to kiss the red hair girl the first time we met. I mean, you refuse to kiss literally a random strange= the character becomes gay. It would be ok if Kian was gay from the beginning, but it seems it's not the case, at least from what I read in the community hub.

I mean, this is serious bad writing here.

AHA-Lambda

my Kian turned out to be gay because I refused to kiss the red hair girl the first time we met. I mean, you refuse to kiss literally a random strange= the character becomes gay. It would be ok if Kian was gay from the beginning, but it seems it's not the case, at least from what I read in the community hub.

Same here, that really bugged me.

Javier23

Banned
Why are you spoiler-texting that? My experience was different. I also played it on ranger, but was already putting a huge focus on correct positioning early on. With a right focus on melee/assault/sniper classes Arizona felt way to easy, Damonta was a nice challenge, but the area itself to dry and boring.

So I actually welcomed the higher difficulty in the later part. Of course that is subjective, it depends on how well you understand their combat system, and it's only once you reach that later part when your flaws in strategy catch up with you. So if anything, Arizona is not just boring, it also sucks at teaching you how to play well. Hope they improve on that in the next game.
Lol, now I actually don't even remember why I did. I guess I'm just quite spoiler-sensitive and sort of assume everyone else is ;P

I don't mind the difficulty change itself. I was playing on Ranger for a reason to start with. But as you do mention you did start with a focus on the right weapon classes. I went in blind and just sort of had each one of my guys specialize in a specific weapon class. Never did the game itself suggest half of the weapon classes were largely useless before it became evident by reaching the second half. That and many other game mechanics that I either had no idea existed or was never taught how to use or why should I suddenly becoming almost completely necessary after Arizona. So yeah, I definitely didn't understand the combat system as well as I should have. Otherwise I believe I would have definitely enjoyed it as much as you did.

EDIT: By the way, with correct position do you mean getting your rangers on specific spots before entering combat? Because that's something else I definitely didn't do much given how complicated the game made it by generally not letting you control when to start an encounter. I did try to stay as far away as possible in order to let my sniper deal as much damage as possible before they had us in their weapons' range.

Wok

Can you show a pic of the
redhead
? I will tell you what I would have done... or I will just buy the game. I don't know yet.

Wasteland 2 is good
Im playing through this as well!! Im at the prision area right now. A lot of hostiles here, but my good ol' melee character slice and dices em. God Bless Butcher Pete

If it wasnt obvious enough, im also really enjoying the game. I thought id only play for like a fee hours and ghen uninstall it but i like it too much to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom