• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I managed to make Mafia fullscreen but how do I make it widescreen on Windows 10?

I'm also gonna try out the Steam controller with this game.

Lain

Evil Maze is fun.
The English in it isn't of the highest kind (example from an achievement description: Secret Store has Founded in LEVEL 10), but for 1,19€ I'm not going to complain too much since it's understandable.
The gameplay is simple: go around and inspect everything to find hidden items (also you get a little bit of experience when finding things), attack enemies with your equipped weapon and try to get out of the dungeon.
You start out with no magic and can buy some random magic scroll or find them, though you have to decide if casting a spell or keeping those magic points to rest up (resting consume 1 magic point) is the more apt choice.
Needless to say, I've died a lot.

Phawx

Was watching a gameplay vid for the Friday the 13th game and while watching the awkward reactions of the players during every kill I realized that I always thought it'd be loads of fun in theory, but in practice you realize that the game has you murdering teenage boys and girls, and that's kind of uncomfortable.

If it makes you uncomfortable, isn't that good?

Tellaerin

dude walks so fucking slow in unreal 2

I think you can fix that by editing the unreal2.ini file. Search for "PlayerSpeedRatio=1.000000" and change the value to something higher (between 1.5 and 2 is probably best), see if that helps. Or you can do it by opening the console and entering:

Code:
bemymonkey
setspeed 2

The whole game is a turd. I deleted it from my account.

Considering how often you seem to feel that way, your library's going be empty soon. Won't you think of all the people on your family sharing account the children?

Pachimari

Mafia 1 is still so fantastic. I never completed it, so I plan on getting through it and Mafia II before Mafia III arrives. Man, Tommy Angelo, Paulie, Sam, Vincenzo, Ralph, Frank and Salieri, the whole gang! It oozes atmosphere, and both soundtrack and voice over work is magnificent.

These starting missions are a little blah so far though. Picking up passengers as a taxi driver is fine, but there were a bit too many, but I understand it was to get me used to the city and landmarks. Still, I got a mission fail because I had crossed the street at red light. Which is also one of those realistic things, that were the charm of the original Mafia, which unfortunately seem to be lacking in the next installment.

Next up, I'm going to collect money on a routine route, which basically seems like the first mission reskinned.

Doom was awesome.

Also, I'm going to buy a msi Gaming X 1070?
Upgrading from an OC 7850 twinfrozer so I think waiting to play the Witcher expansions will be worth it.

hohoXD123

Hey steamGAF, I heard you like giveaways

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hohoXD123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION PC -- MB-C15F943CDD73BA24 - Taken by Ozium. 24 entrants total.

t1466293785z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-7CCE21E60A41409B - Taken by voodooray

Anteater

yeah that's true

but yeah i want to see more of the setting and the characters, i don't care about the combat cos whatever, platinum's done this 8 thousand times, i know what it looks like

original nier's trailers were mostly just awesome music anyway :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for Henry Swanson:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Overlord -- MB-4FEA7169A7DDE5E1 - Taken by Purkake4
Overlord II -- MB-27C3675D58247411 - Taken by Annubis
Overlord Raising Hell -- MB-264E9148C8BF96C4 - Taken by Mikurden

zkylon

zkylewd
my pc is taking like stupid amount of time to boot, like that big ass motherboard splash screen is like on for like 5 full minutes, it's really strange

why does this kind of thing keep happening to me -___-

original nier's trailers were mostly just awesome music anyway :p
yea idk about original nier

i just want to see something other than just a flat arena that looks like a fake room for you to fight in

and i want more (some) story stuff

Anteater

yea idk about original nier

i just want to see something other than just a flat arena that looks like a fake room for you to fight in

and i want more (some) story stuff

story trailer!

I'll probably wait until it's out, man i think this game comes out in 2017 or something, hope it delivers

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Contagion -- MB-7221E97F5C08EDE3 - Taken by Volimar. 2 entrants total.

t1466286815z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Mystery -- MB-36FE44CE7EB350D9 - Taken by Mavromatis

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Read Only Memories -- MB-A5D5C28D9A707495 - Taken by gngf123
Risen -- MB-2C85BA4E29A527B4 - Taken by fertygo
Stuff

ExoSoul

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Masked Shooters 2 -- MB-AF8DB6BF13D7A460 - Taken by OmarYusaf
Deadbreed yellow or undead pack -- MB-741D71A72C2D0A28 - Taken by darkpathwalker92
The Deer -- MB-DF1681792839E8DA - Taken by mysticllama
Spheroid -- MB-C2C4B315FA98197C - Taken by Jalal
Journey to the center of the earth -- MB-F18B4C07C1EBB773 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Purkake4
GooCubelets -- MB-E86D4B6E75198ECF - Taken by Purkake4
Woodle Tree Adventures 3 -- MB-AD5FCD354CD959E9 - Taken by mysticllama
Woodle Tree Adventures 2 -- MB-720887134CCE850C - Taken by mysticllama
Particula -- MB-A92F7D73C06590B6 - Taken by mysticllama
QUBE Director's Cut 2 -- MB-64AE773EA1567DB1 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Mikurden
Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-56B6E69D4DD09F8A - Taken by mysticllama
QUBE Director's Cut -- MB-B283E6D58E433A1C - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Jalal
Not sure if used or not
Unknown Battle -- MB-334B102C32C32967 - Taken by gaiadyne
The Deer 2 -- MB-8DCD97CAE8507D7A - Taken by Jalal
Deadbreed yellow or undead pack 2 -- MB-6A7E43E88CA9CD98 - Taken by krczt23
HotLead -- MB-1DCCA76A095AF525 - Taken by voodooray
Journey to the center of the earth 2 -- MB-7230CC8A831E4BB3 - Taken by Nabae
Unknown Battle 2 -- MB-60515B99F33A87E9 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by rainking187
Ace of Words -- MB-645C0E31168ADAB3 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by rpmboy

You have gleam mystery giveaways to thank for most of these, if anyone still doesn't have any of these - help yourself.

If a friend of yours doesn't have any of these - help yourself.
I just want them gone.

extras from Groupees

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Iron Sky: Invasion -- MB-5E34A2512486A1BA - Taken by Jalal. 3 entrants total.
VERGE: LOST CHAPTER -- MB-341CC0FB75A9217F - Taken by bloke. 3 entrants total.

t1466290339z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom