• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reaction to Root Double Route D so far:

Honestly people, get this game if you have any interest in a sci-fi mindfuck VN. Maybe during Summer Seal?
How far are you into it time wise? Haven't played it myself.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
A bit of a shorter impression piece, as it's a bit of a shorter game.

Verde Station

Verde Station is a short atmospheric walking sim where you play as a man on a voyage trip into space studying the ability to sustain life over an extended period of time while on-board a ship. You are given everything you need to survive and a series of tasks to complete while on the voyage ranging from maintenance to watering the plants, and have the whole ship to yourself in complete solitude. But... Are you really alone?

There's a lot of things to interact and mess about with in Verde Station, a number of small secrets to uncover, and it is generally fun to explore the ship and perform the small tasks it asks of you through the game's CMD-light systems to run various actions its programmed to do. Lots of small things the game sets-up that are fun to take part in, ranging from book dominoes, to disposal waste, to testing the ship's departments, or playing music.

ss_dc272796d212a117e563a4fd79ca79e0f3ba5633.600x338.jpg

But where the game succeeds in best is its atmosphere. The story is a bit light (despite there being some rather lengthy 'crew logs' you can read from previous(?) people who did this experiment. Yet the game does a good job at both capturing the feel of being alone on a spaceship to do your tasks and entertain yourself with the utmost freedom, and yet, make you paranoid, and maybe even a bit fearful, that you're not alone, and something far more terrifying is happening and slowly coming for you.

There's not much more I can say without spoiling it, but it's quite the interesting little experience I found myself quite fond of it. If you want to be isolated(?) on a spaceship for an hour or so, I say take the time to play through it. One of the more unique walking simulators out there.

---

STEAM REVIEW LINK: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/recommended/324120?snr=1_5_9__402

Manatox

My reaction to Root Double Route D so far:

Honestly people, get this game if you have any interest in a sci-fi mindfuck VN. Maybe during Summer Seal?

I completed this game just a few days ago. Its really one of the best VNs i have read so far. I definitely recommend it to anyone interested.

Eila

Man I've had so many problems happen during my playthrough of Half Life 1. First the Source port is a mess and had a bug right at the beginning. The guard just wouldn't let me pass to the test chamber. I'm playing the goldsrc version and while it works it's crashed quite a few times.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey guys, is there a chance the Resident Evil games will be on sale during the Summer Sale??

They most certainly will be, even though they were literally just on sale last week for the RE7 announcement, but Capcom is really pushing the series sales as its the series 20th anniversary this year, and probably to help promote people to pick up RE7 and RE2 Remake next year.

I just beat Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Really fun game, great platforming and pixel art and music.

On a related note, don't you guys hate it when you beat a game before you get all of the card drops?

Grief.exe

They most certainly will be, even though they were literally just on sale last week for the RE7 announcement, but Capcom is really pushing the series sales as its the series 20th anniversary this year, and probably to help promote people to pick up RE7 and RE2 Remake next year.

I'm just messing around, it's that time of year for the 'is there a chance' followed by a silly question to be on repeat for a few weeks. Of course, with the move to site-wide sales, it shouldn't be as prevelant.

Lomax

Okay, so I can only get one game during the Steam Sale.

Doom or Dragon's Dogma?

Doom isn't likely to a sale deeper than the already existing voucher discounts at places like Humble and GMG. Personally if Dragon's Dogma hits 50% off I'll probably pick it up.

I'm just messing around, it's that time of year for the 'is there a chance' followed by a silly question to be on repeat for a few weeks. Of course, with the move to site-wide sales, it shouldn't be as prevelant.

The sad thing is we know UbiSoft and whatnot will still do their own occasional "dailies" which will just make watching prices annoying instead of exciting.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of neonglow, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-E9E17C82BC6E8CBE - Taken by Kuroyume. 5 entrants total.
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-AA5B047EC3D9DF4F - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered -- MB-9B0AA0CCA1828607 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres -- MB-6C24D7DC340BC861 - Taken by dave is ok. 3 entrants total.
Left in the Dark: No One on Board -- MB-7AB74BC735340992 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 5 entrants total.
Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma -- MB-8BBA2C1800549896 - Taken by fuzzy123. 7 entrants total.

t1466369705z1.png

The proper response to him in this case is, "Oh you."

Ascheroth

4, Revelations 1, Revelations 2 Episode 1 and 6 were also in the last Capcom bundle, which wasn't that long ago. They do seem to push them hard, yes.

Dunno lol

Will be giving my 980ti's to my daughter though, so she'll be happy. Not going to bother with sli again since majority of games don't support it.

from the benchmarks and reviews I've seen I think 980Ti SLI beats a single 1080 but like you said it's not something that every game supports so a lot of the time the SLI won't do anything and the 1080 wins in those cases

Monooboe

Okay, so I can only get one game during the Steam Sale.

Doom or Dragon's Dogma?

You would get most bang for your buck with Dragons Dogma, but Doom would be the louder bang. Meaning, for me Doom was more pure joy than Dragons Dogma, but I do prefer longer RPGs so in the end I still would prefer Dragons Dogma.

Space Run Galaxy is having quite the rough launch with these server issues. It's the devs' own fault but it's a shame as the game is good. Soundtrack is amazing, surprisingly.

Tellaerin

Man, people are just quick to dismiss change, just because it isn't what they wanted.

Not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic, but isn't that the nature of the beast? Nobody wants change just for the sake of change, especially if they're already happy with things as they are. If you're going to change things up, you need to find a way to make it better or more desirable than what's come before.

Momentary

Banned
I don't know man. Back in the 90's when I first play Resident Evil, I always thought of it as a methodical action horror game. I don't know what people are expecting from RE since it has ALWAYS been about some notorious corporation finding creating new biological military weaponry. I hope Resident EVII does a 180 and puts you in the shoes of hunk half way through the game with some serious weaponry. The rage that would come from that would be palpable.

I don't know man. Back in the 90's when I first play Resident Evil, I always thought of it as a methodical action horror game. I don't know what people are expecting from RE since it has ALWAYS been about some notorious corporation finding creating new biological military weaponry. I hope Resident EVII does a 180 and puts you in the shoes of hunk half way through the game with some serious weaponry. The rage that would come from that would be palpable.
Hey, so long as it's good.

RE6 was not, but 4 and 5 were. It's all about execution.

r3n4ud

from the benchmarks and reviews I've seen I think 980Ti SLI beats a single 1080 but like you said it's not something that every game supports so a lot of the time the SLI won't do anything and the 1080 wins in those cases
Pretty much what I thought. It'll be nice to go back to a single gpu and no more sli headaches.

gelf

I see the action side of classic RE as secondary. The combat controls where pretty basic after all and so that part was more a game of ammo and health conservation then full on action. It was the adventure game side of RE that really drew me in. Exploring and slowly unlocking a creepy location, solving puzzles, finding shortcuts. Most of this was lost in the move to full action.

Though I'm not fully sold on it RE7 is still the most excited I've been about anything in the series for a long time as it at least looks to have some of the adventure game side of classic RE.

Dunno lol

Will be giving my 980ti's to my daughter though, so she'll be happy. Not going to bother with sli again since majority of games don't support it.
Lucky kid getting those beasts around fathers day. Wait, shouldn't it go the other way, you getting something from them? ;)

rtcn63

I was going to re-install Hitman (only played up to Paris) but look it's going to be 80+ degrees for the next ETERNITY.

r3n4ud

Lucky kid getting those beasts around fathers day. Wait, shouldn't it go the other way, you getting something from them? ;)
I do. She will now stop bugging me for one of the ti's lol

Also, she finished her first college year of nursing, so it's a gift. Used gift, but a gift nonetheless :p

r3n4ud

How old are they and what do they play? Asking as a father of two young boys. HFD!
Have a 5 year old, 9 year old, and 18 year old.

Youngest loves her Mario and anything lego. My 9 year old loves his Terraria/Minecraft. Oldest plays pretty much anything, but loves her indies especially.

Also, HFD to you as well! Also to the rest of the dads in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom