• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

You know, even if MN9 looks like shit, at the end of the day it's releasing at least.

Meanwhile here is the latest Project Phoenix update:

Deques

You know, even if MN9 looks like shit, at the end of the day it's releasing at least.

Meanwhile here is the latest Project Phoenix update:

I backed both these games, not gonna back a third game from Japanese developers. They are not to be trusted...

Steam cards sold in US can be redeemed in EU accounts? Someone wanna help me buy one card? :)

I'm not sure, can they? Does it automatically convert the currency?

Also, Parsnip, I think I'm gonna try to beat your score on my next Jill speedrun. I think this was my good ending run, so it tacked too much time on for nothing.

CA3B7CAD88DEA094BDCB029BBE13948F8C863560

Deques

I'm not sure, can they? Does it automatically convert the currency?

Also, Parsnip, I think I'm gonna try to beat your score on my next Jill speedrun. I think this was my good ending run, so it tacked too much time on for nothing.

[IMGhttp://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/264965513940682405/CA3B7CAD88DEA094BDCB029BBE13948F8C863560/[/IMG]

I think JaseC said that the currency automatically converts, but I am not sure. Just wanna ask again

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think JaseC said that the currency automatically converts, but I am not sure. Just wanna ask again

It does. Some codes sold in South-east Asia are region-locked, but I think this was unintentional as it's the only region with region-locked codes and not all of them are restricted.

Momentary

Banned
Tekken 7 will release on PC before Street Fighter V is a fully fledged game. :p

I don't think SFV will get many more sales after this hit unless they discount the game and season pass for 75%. I"m a huge fighting game fanatic and focus more on competitive play, but the product that Capcom put out was just gutter trash.

Tellaerin

I backed both these games, not gonna back a third game from Japanese developers. They are not to be trusted...

I didn't even know about Project Phoenix until your post just now. Looked it up and checked out the character page. It reads like a parody of bad JRPG tropes. I mean, "Ruffles, the amnesiac angel", played totally straight? Just... wow.

AHA-Lambda

Well, I completed Dreamfall Chapters. I literally waited for this game to be released for years, but I'm VERY disappointed. Yeah, there are a couple of good visuals, some good ideas, but that's it, nothing else.
The game was very boring to play, pacing is awful, chapter 5 is also basically a serie of cutscenes and you interact a three or four time. But the problem is the plot for me was very weak.
First, there are too many plot holes. Literally. And since of course writers of the game know this, in the end the ended up telling "We'll explain you everything, we promise it", but the game ends and you get no explanations.
For example,
Saga. Who is she? Is she April reborn?Her parents, what happened to them? Why she is so important? Saga ended being literally a deus ex machina, otherwise the game won't be concluded. And all the facts end with a "because it's all written, deal with it". So poor, really. Saga's sections were awful to play, just a collection of "find the item in the house", nothing else. Also, does the game ends with a loop? It seems so, considering April in the end, for some reason, is alive. It's her echo? Is she real? We don't know, but the game basically loops to reconnect with Longest Journey. Characters die, but a second later they are still alive. It's all so confusing.

I loved The Longest Journey, it's actually one of my favourite point and click, I remember I passed months on it.
I liked Dreamfall too, even if not like its prequel, but it was good, interesting, somewhat innovative, since it was pretty different from other point and clicks of that time.
Dreamfall Chapters is just boring, with a couple of good ideas lost in a sea of nothing, with the gameplay very poor when it tries to be a "game" (find all manholes in the city and stuff like that, as I wrote in the spoiler), and a terrible pacing when it tries to tell a story. Also another disappointing thing is there's one and only one ending, no matter what choices you did in book 1-4, you end up with the same ending anyway.
I surely regretted my pre-order purchase, even considering the game was discounted up to 66% off much later, bundled and even given for free. For sure it's worth if you loved April, Zoe and the first two titles, just to see "how it ends", but if you never played the other chapters, please don't start from Chapters, because you will hate the franchise.

Couldn't agree more. I love TLJ and Dreamfall (and that ain't nostalgia talking I only played these for the first a few years ago) but it felt like everything went wrong here.

The gameplay is insipid, the puzzles tedious, the storytelling poorly paced, and the business model actively working against it (good luck trying to follow a plot that relies on decade old games with episodes released near 6 months apart towards the end)

I'd usually try to sit and understand what happened and the implications but given the more ambiguous crap at the end regarding certain characters I've just no inclination.
They didn't bother, why should I

Soon we'll get a real Resident Evil game.
tumblr_o5utsa1klL1tafr4io1_400.gif

My god. When this is more anticipated than RE7. At leat one is trying to be horror.

Monooboe

Wonder if Bethesda has delayed the announcement of a new Elder Scrolls because of Witcher 3? Seeing as Fallout 4 was pretty much the same old and that Witcher 3 pushed up the bar so damn high that the next Elder Scrolls really couldn't get away with also doing the same old.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wonder if Bethesda has delayed the announcement of a new Elder Scrolls because of Witcher 3? Seeing as Fallout 4 was pretty much the same old and that Witcher 3 pushed up the bar so damn high that the next Elder Scrolls really couldn't get away with also doing the same old.

Todd Howard strongly implied in his interview with Geoff Keighley that VI hasn't moved beyond the pre-production phase and stated outright that BGS is instead currently focused on a couple of other AAA projects that will likely release before another Elder Scrolls entry. It's far too early for an announcement now, let alone last year.

Tellaerin

Not sure about that, really. At this point the Elder Scrolls games are really their own thing, with their own built-in audience. I don't get the feeling that they're really competing with anyone else directly in that space.

AHA-Lambda

Doubt it, FO4 has probably sold more than double W3 already. Beth have nothing to fear from CDPR at this time

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Really proud if being a Mighty No 9 backer right now

Based Inafune

zkylon

zkylewd
it's not crazytalk to say that i like disgaea's characters and charm than its gameplay, right?

i don't think it lacks depth but there's a tedium aspect to it that i don't enjoy at all, like a mission can throw at you 8 copies of the same enemy all group together and there's just nothing really interesting about battling them? it feels like a grind to go through these missions that sometimes might not even have any story bits (also weirdly enough sometimes they're not voiced? idk if that's a bug or whatever, it feels really strange...)

the actual grind itself i haven't done much of, mostly getting my new recruits through their first few levels and a couple times i wanted to see how the item world worked. the item world stuff was actually pretty compelling and i would actually enjoy it a bunch if there was some sort of quick mode to go through it faster, specially those first few levels that are really really easy

my biggest issue with the leveling is one that seems to always pop up on srpgs for whatever reason that is the experience gain system. since you only gain experience when u kill stuff, that makes healers and characters with support abilities a lot harder to level up and forces you to do some weird stuff to leave ppl hanging with like 3 hp for your healer to wack em in the head. i ended up equipping her with a bow but she deals like no damage with it so i'll probably go back to the wand and idk, not level her? same with my mages, i like to use them to whittle down enemies first but if i keep doing that they never really level, so i need to leave a few for them to finish off

it's a really bad system that i'm surprised is so popular, why srpg designers can't just do something like give a set amount at the end of a mission, with bonuses for dmg dealt/healed, attacks that connected, etc. idk, something.

it's a lovely game if it isn't for these medium-ish issues, i love the characters and the sense of humor and how it's actually tied to the mechanics, but yeah..

Soon we'll get a real Resident Evil game.
tumblr_o5utsa1klL1tafr4io1_400.gif
wish u had posted which game that is

is it like a new lost planet?

Tizoc

it's not crazytalk to say that i like disgaea's characters and charm than its gameplay, right?

i don't think it lacks depth but there's a tedium aspect to it that i don't enjoy at all, like a mission can throw at you 8 copies of the same enemy all group together and there's just nothing really interesting about battling them? it feels like a grind to go through these missions that sometimes might not even have any story bits (also weirdly enough sometimes they're not voiced? idk if that's a bug or whatever, it feels really strange...)

the actual grind itself i haven't done much of, mostly getting my new recruits through their first few levels and a couple times i wanted to see how the item world worked. the item world stuff was actually pretty compelling and i would actually enjoy it a bunch if there was some sort of quick mode to go through it faster, specially those first few levels that are really really easy

my biggest issue with the leveling is one that seems to always pop up on srpgs for whatever reason that is the experience gain system. since you only gain experience when u kill stuff, that makes healers and characters with support abilities a lot harder to level up and forces you to do some weird stuff to leave ppl hanging with like 3 hp for your healer to wack em in the head. i ended up equipping her with a bow but she deals like no damage with it so i'll probably go back to the wand and idk, not level her? same with my mages, i like to use them to whittle down enemies first but if i keep doing that they never really level, so i need to leave a few for them to finish off

it's a really bad system that i'm surprised is so popular, why srpg designers can't just do something like give a set amount at the end of a mission, with bonuses for dmg dealt/healed, attacks that connected, etc. idk, something.

it's a lovely game if it isn't for these medium-ish issues, i love the characters and the sense of humor and how it's actually tied to the mechanics, but yeah..

wish u had posted which game that is

is it like a new lost planet?

He wrote that it's a new resident evil game...
as in the resident evil game that was announced during TGS '15

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think we usually close this thread while the sales threads are running?

I think we usually close this thread while the sales threads are running?

sometimes it closes, sometimes it doesn't, I prefer the thread remains open so we don't have to deal with a gazillion "is this game worth it" messages in this thread, all that crap can go into the seal thread.

Hektor

sometimes it closes, sometimes it doesn't, I prefer the thread remains open so we don't have to deal with a gazillion "is this game worth it" messages in this thread, all that crap can go into the seal thread.

Do you think this discount will get higher or should I buy it now?

Ludens

Banned
Which game is that?

Destiny: Fall of the Masterchef

I'm not really into competitive shooters, but I know I'll end up buying this at some point. Although it's kinda sad that this is the only game fans of modern RE titles can look forward to.

I will take it too when it will be 5€, but yeah, it's sad RE fans only get non-RE games those days.
I hope REmake 2 will be a real remake followind REmake, not some first person gibberish because Capcom wants to reuse the engine they are using for RE7.

Also another cheap bundle:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/461640/

Got 5 games for 0.72€, since they are jrpgs they will probably pay the bundle fully with some extra cents.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sale is coming, this is for you, Gabe fans! -- MB-95D9F96F1F8008ED - Taken by Flips360. 9 entrants total.

t1466429190z1.png

Deques

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sale is coming, this is for you, Gabe fans! -- MB-95D9F96F1F8008ED - Taken by Flips360. 9 entrants total.

t1466429190z1.png

Is this one of those giveaways, where there is no game in the giveaway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom