• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice write-up. I'm glad you ended up with the game even though you didn't win my raffle. Of all the Artifex Mundi games or any other hidden object games, which ones are your favorites?

Oof, I've played so many, choosing favourites are tough.

Grim Legends 1, Enigmatis 1, Time Mysteries 2 is really up there, Nightmares from the Deep 2, and Abyss the Wraiths of Eden (aka Bioshock: the Hidden Object Game.)

The two licensed ones, Castle and Paranormal State, are campy fun. The latter was surprisingly good despite the uncanny valley faces.

My favourite non-AM ones are probably from Big Fish Games. Ravenhearst and Return to Ravenhearst really stand out - and they're available on Steam, but they never go on sale - and I also really liked Dire Grove, which isn't on Steam.

Deques

Put them in your shelf, of course!
*sigh* You PC gamers don't understand what a collector feels... You should take a look at my shelfs full of retail games.
LONG LIVE RETAIL!

You're killing me...

My book shelf is filled with old GameCube and PS2 games and bunch of books and toys. There is no space left :(

Annubis

I received Dragons Dogma that I bought for 9 dollar and Street Fighter V. What should I do with discs now that I have redeemed the codes on Steam?

Go find a big trench coat with an inner pocket that's big enough for the games.
Go in a shady alley.
Wait for someone to pass by and tell them "you've got something for them."
Flash your coat open and hand them a game.
Turn around and leave without looking back.

I received Dragons Dogma that I bought for 9 dollar and Street Fighter V. What should I do with discs now that I have redeemed the codes on Steam?

diy-CD.png

wilflare

not trying to start a war...
but the AssCreed games are still better played on PC right?
(is there any multiplat, for that matter, that is not better played on PC)?

(going thru the PSN E3 sale)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
not trying to start a war...
but the AssCreed games are still better played on PC right?
(is there any multiplat, for that matter, that is not better played on PC)?

(going thru the PSN E3 sale)
I don't think there is a single game in my Steam library that has a superior console version.

Endruen

My book shelf is filled with old GameCube and PS2 games and bunch of books and toys. There is no space left :(

How many games do you have? I have 100 just between PS2 and PS3, add my PSX, DS/3DS, Vita, Wii/Wii U, PC and I still have room for more o_O.

ArjanN

Arkham Knight?

I was going to say Mortal Kombat X.

Is Arkham Knight actually worse than the console version though? For a lot of the 'bad PC ports' the complaints are relative to other PC games/PC gaming standards, the games themselves are usually still better than the console version.

Endruen

Not that many, but my shelf isn't exclusively for games. It has movies, books and toys

Well, to be fair, I have a lot of shelfs. Dunno, man, do whatever you want with them, the thing with PC games now is that you don't need the CD to play.

Card Boy

Banned
Holy fuck at Bioshock Infinite! The game is linear as fuck but dam that story, one of the best video gaming narrative experiences i have had. My mind is blown!

I won this off Dupy in early 2014. Thank you Dupy!

Tizoc

Keep them in ur shelf or something to sell them to a collector 10 years down the line for some thousands pf euros or whatever the currency will be

Deques

Arthea

"A grande bagunça espacial - The big space mess" has over 100k owners. The game doesn't look impressive. How come it has so many owners? Did it have many giveaways before?

it was given away almost daily for a long time

edited: I'm actually surprised by only 100K owners

Deques

it was given away almost daily for a long time

edited: I'm actually surprised by only 100K owners

I probably missed the giveaways, since I ignore all the giveaways nowdays.
So the dev expects that most of it's earnings are coming from card selling?

Here is a graph of ownership:

8QZOu8u.png

Bluth54

Wonder if Bethesda has delayed the announcement of a new Elder Scrolls because of Witcher 3? Seeing as Fallout 4 was pretty much the same old and that Witcher 3 pushed up the bar so damn high that the next Elder Scrolls really couldn't get away with also doing the same old.
Fallout 4 came out half a year ago. I can't imagine Elder Scrolls 6 is even close to being ready to be seen by the public.

Jawmuncher

I'm not really into competitive shooters, but I know I'll end up buying this at some point. Although it's kinda sad that this is the only game fans of modern RE titles can look forward to.

Well they said there's one more title on the way. Which they said was anticipated. So hopefully it's a full on Mercs game or I guess outbreak. Since it's too early for RE3make

It's weird but I've going mostly physical again with PS4, it's a mix of games I want getting really nice steelbooks for which I'm a sucker and finding some good deals.
Haven't bought a physical game for PS3 in years and I don't even own a single retail game for Vita.
I have to admit that I'm getting back into that mindset of liking to own physical copies of games, especially when there's a nice box.
Just look at TLG's steelbook, how can you not want that?
TLOUR's is a thing of beauty, same for UC4's.
I feel there's something to be said about having our favorite games preserved in nice boxes sitting on our shelf.

Holy fuck at Bioshock Infinite! The game is linear as fuck but dam that story, one of the best video gaming narrative experiences i have had. My mind is blown!

I won this off Dupy in early 2014. Thank you Dupy!

Just sit back and think about it for a while.. and realize how terrible the story actually is because of glaring loopholes in the plot..

gar3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/355520/
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Albino Hunter -- MB-68ABEAEF2CE2395F - Taken by voodooray

Red Hood

Banned
Just sit back and think about it for a while.. and realize how terrible the story actually is because of glaring loopholes in the plot..

Yep, this is me. First time I was "blown away" as well, but the more you think about the whole
infinite worlds yadda yadda
the more I appreciate the subtler stories from BioShock 1 and 2.

Infinite has the better gunplay and like Rapture a great art style, but everything else feels considerably less.

Fallout 4 came out half a year ago. I can't imagine Elder Scrolls 6 is even close to being ready to be seen by the public.

I'm actually kind of baffled that people expect word on Elder Scrolls 6 anytime soon. Bethesda Game Studios releases one game every 4-5 years. They released Fallout 4 just a few months ago. We won't officially hear about TES6 until 2020 or so.

I totally forgot this game is coming out tomorrow (or even this year), it doesn't look like there are any reviews of this. It also doesn't look like any big Twitch streamers are even aware of it.

edit: found an impression of it https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/27/um...pens-when-resident-evil-meets-counter-strike/

I'm quite interested in this game but I have zero faith that they will be able to maintain a community. No reason to buy a game that will be dead within weeks.

Anyway I decided to check out some gameplay footage for Lawbreakers to see what it looks like and one of the top search results was this horrible video by IGN. Makes the game look so bad. Anyone have any decent footage from someone who actually knows how to play a video game?

Sale threads go so fast, I never can keep up with them or participate at all. So I'd welcome this place staying open like it did a couple sales ago.

I would personally want this thread open because there are still games coming out during the Summer Seal (for ex., Zero Time Dilemma) that we can discuss. Also any new announcements coming to PC will be buried in the Sale thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Escape This -- MB-4903B29B58E96D5C - Taken by trailmix16

Key from here.

Mivey

There's only one way to improve this series, is to outsource the sequel to a western dev, mighty no. 9 is obviously too japanese for the western market
No, it is to fire the lead art designer of Inti Creates, to start his own KS for a spiritual sequel to Mighty No 9, Ultra Man. While initially generating a lot of hype, the game will eventually be only a boring, nostalgia-driven disappointment and get rather poor reviews.

We should definitely close this thread.
For the sale, or permanently? I dunno, that will only make the Anime spread to NeoGAF proper. At least here it is well contained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom