• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
I don't think it needs closing, now that it's in Community. If it were in still Gaming-side, it'd be worth it, but this is the more general discussion area for Steam - people are going to see the thread on Gaming-side and post there with the random sale questions, leaving this area for actual game releases and (non-sale) news.

nxJZee2.png
q0xGlSr.png
nr2A6TH.png
YvGGY59.png
Mad Max is fun and beautiful. Brawling and car-combat each can get stale when done for long periods though, so it's better to mix things up.

There are a couple things about it which annoy me though. The biggest are the many mini-animations which happen way too often, when you fill up your canteen, talk to another person, fill up your tank. Worst of all, you can't skip them, urgh. Why do this devs? Why not make those animations happen in normal gameplay mode but an extra mini-cutscene?

At least I got a good laugh when this happened during an unskippable animation.

I don't think it needs closing, now that it's in Community. If it were in still Gaming-side, it'd be worth it, but this is the more general discussion area for Steam - people are going to see the thread on Gaming-side and post there with the random sale questions, leaving this area for actual game releases and (non-sale) news.

The idea last time was that by closing this thread, it encourages the active posters to actually have presence in the sales thread.

This, in turn, would allow for us to attract fresh blood to the community, as opposed to giving the appearance of a gated community that is above it re: Steam that we couldn't be bothered to participate in sales-mania.

I'm also for closing the thread.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
For the sale, or permanently? I dunno, that will only make the Anime spread to NeoGAF proper. At least here it is well contained.

Notice how quickly diseases that plague the developing world get contained once they endanger western countries?

It's time to make it GAF's problem.

Pixieking

Banned
The idea last time was that by closing this thread, it encourages the active posters to actually have presence in the sales thread.

This, in turn, would allow for us to attract fresh blood to the community, as opposed to giving the appearance of a gated community that is above it re: Steam that we couldn't be bothered to participate in sales-mania.

Ohhhh yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense... Fair fair. :)

Last time we only got like 1 or 2 new people to stay around, so not worth in my opinion the hassle, not going to touch the sale thread with a 100 meter long pole.

We should just send an embassador to the sale thread.

Anustart

Go red team! I'm still keeping the rivalry alive.

For the sale, I need square to loosen the purse strings and put ff 9 at 90% off.

Pixieking

Banned
Go red team! I'm still keeping the rivalry alive.

For the sale, I need square to loosen the purse strings and put ff 9 at 90% off.

Yeah, FF9 is one of the few games I'm waiting on in the sale - though sadly the best I can see is 33% off. :( Hope I'm wrong though.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

I'm so above it that I'm high
on sales

Pixieking

Banned
Cheapest place to get steam wallet credit in the UK? Do there tend to be some good deals on for them around sale time?

I've never seen deals for them in the UK. Best I've found is using spare rewards points at Game to offset the standard price. If you have points on a Tesco Clubcard, you could try getting to a large Tescos - last time I was in a decent-sized store (9 months ago), they had them with Amazon and iTunes cards (though not sure if you can use Clubcard points on them. :/ )

Monooboe

Ah nice, with those extra point in the GOG sale from those twitch stream that they gave everyone, one at least gets Spelunky without having to buy anything.

Just sit back and think about it for a while.. and realize how terrible the story actually is because of glaring loopholes in the plot..

"I know you enjoyed the game but here, let me tell you why you shouldn't enjoy the game". There are loopholes and the story doesn't really work at all but it's fun if you don't think about it too much. Let the people have it, I know I enjoyed the story.

voodooray

I've never seen deals for them in the UK. Best I've found is using spare rewards points at Game to offset the standard price. If you have points on a Tesco Clubcard, you could try getting to a large Tescos - last time I was in a decent-sized store (9 months ago), they had them with Amazon and iTunes cards (though not sure if you can use Clubcard points on them. :/ )

Does anyone happen to know if US Steam Wallet codes would activate ok on a non-US steam account? I see people offering them in the B/S/T thread, but not sure if it would work.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I thought Nepnep was going to be the grind of all grinds, then I got life rings to double my HP (making 30% heals twice as good), a group heal, finishers, an enemy weakening plan, and some armors after learning (via google because it's nowhere in the game) VIT is defense and MEN is magic defense (or endurance, as I imagine it is shortening). It's still pretty grindy in a pokemon sort of way, but all controls of difficulty are in your hands and the story can move forward freely.

The characterization is kind of weird tho. I don't mean the whole personified console wars thing, but like they vaguely have particular personalities yet they are always doing and saying random shit that seems to have nothing to do with said personalities. It seems like a person who doesn't know how to be funny trying to be funny, or a person without skill in characterization trying to emulate the endearing humble-moment anecdotes of K-on. Likely both, I'd say.

I just got Noire to join but do you have to use that field test sword or was the notion of testing it just an excuse to give you an upgrade? I got a rare (I'm guessing) drop in a dungeon so I was rolling with a sword that has a wide reach like Noire's. Not quite as strong as the field test one but boosted my agility, which was added usefulness on top of the large strike zone.

I think this thread should close during the sale. Everyone being on the front page and mingling with non SteamGAF regulars can bring in new folks.

Plus there will probably be a Toma hidden gems thread, a horror Dusk thread, and a More Badass thread, if not a Steam clicker game thread too.

Arthea

nep talk.
I find Nep Nep funny, maybe it's just not your type of humour?
They act and talk in character all the time, like what are you even talking about?

it helps to remember that Nep is a parody-comedy, so taking it seriously shouldn't work and it doesn't.
lol K'on? are you serious?

Tizoc

Oh yeah
I should write the summer sale ot
Which mod should i pm before given permission to post it on the 24th?

So, is it safe to buy Guilty Gear XRD or are they releasing another updated console release in a month or something, leaving PC players behind while they take forever to port it?

madjoki

That's a pretty great deal ($13.49 in the US). Been wanting to pick these up for a while but they never seem to go below 50% off. And while the page is a little confusing, it is actually two separate steam keys (one for each party pack).

$11.80 USD in Canada, even cheaper.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I find Nep Nep funny, maybe it's just not your type of humour?
There is some humor, and also a lot of idle chatter that is just awkward, not in a funny way, and purposeless.

They act and talk in character all the time, like what are you even talking about?
I never said they didn't. I said they say and do things that have nothing to do with their character. You see, when people say and do things, there are usually reasons, and those reasons often come from who they are. When a person is demonstrating characteristics of a personality, yet the things they are saying and doing with that personality don't seem to be coming from it, that feels disjointed. It feels like a writer who can't think got reasons why the characters would day or do this out that, and is just writing something they'd like put in and modifying it to fit how the characters are after the fact.

it helps to remember that Nep is a parody-comedy, so taking it seriously shouldn't work and it doesn't.
A parody of what? A parody of comedy? And I'm not taking it too seriously, it is definitely an easy-going Pokemon-like simpistic grind and silliness. However, I can still note how the writing could be better in a game with so many conversations between the characters.

lol K'on? are you serious?
Yes. It is popular for being "slice of life" and well capturing the feeling of dumb moments with friends. It isn't about plot, it's about establishing strong characters so in any mundane situation they do and say things and you go "That's so ------" as they have their own internal purposes from which their agency is born and they interact meaningfully by their differences. That is why the show became popular.

This seems to be trying something similar with the random non-plot conversations and anecdotes, like nepnep's love of pudding, but instead these things come off as strange interjections from nowhere, and then to smooth it over they end up verbally describing things to reach other that people normally wouldn't.

Really, it's pretty damn common in mediocre anime so I guess if you're into anime you may just be used to it and don't notice how awkward the conversations are.

Tizoc

So, is it safe to buy Guilty Gear XRD or are they releasing another updated console release in a month or something, leaving PC players behind while they take forever to port it?
Imho xrd revelator (2nd chapter of the xrd series) is very likely to release by year's end
Xrd sign has a nice tutorial mode though, and iirc its story mode is available online thru arc sys

Imho xrd revelator (2nd chapter of the xrd series) is very likely to release by year's end
Xrd sign has a nice tutorial mode though, and iirc its story mode is available online thru arc sys

Skipping then. Arc needs to get these out at the same time, this is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom