• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are actually doing a pretty damn good job now. They are basically caught up with North American releases. They did that in a VERY short time frame. The pushed out A LOT of games in the last 2 years on the platform.

The only thing ridiculous about it is how fast they've done it.

They've also got UNIEL coming and some kind of surprise game this week as well.
Well, I suppose that's good to know. Still, I'm not a religious fighting game player so I can't help but skip these ports until I know they're day and date or very close to.

actually, if you purchased the previous bundle, you also have steam keys as well.

Oh that's cool.
I just added Metal Slug 2, Baseball Stars 2, Shock Troopers, and Twinkle Star Sprites to my Steam library.

Too bad they have dotemu's stink all over them, otherwise they're good to great games.

Momentary

Banned
But it is monday how much longer must i wait? What if it us one of those gsmes they relesed on the vita?
Speaking of which what is ghostlight's next game?

I hope that whatever it is Shini is hinting at is something out of left field.

Well, I suppose that's good to know. Still, I'm not a religious fighting game player so I can't help but skip these ports until I know they're day and date or very close to.

Yeah. But at least there won't be an awful wait like there used to be.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some SNK Humble keys to redeem.

They just added the keys retroactively to the original December Humble Neo Geo Bundle.

Not knowing whether or not they would do this was what kept me from getting the bundle back then. Happy to see they have now and I have a second chance. Hopefully they'll add the rest if/when they're on Steam in the future.

Knurek

Steam keys are up on IndieGameStand.
(looking at the MSRP, best damn $1 I spent this year)

Also the DLC for the game is something else...

good stuff, i didn't expect to get more keys.

debating if i should double dip on jackbox combo. just bought it on ps3 flash sale a while ago for 10 bux.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Slug 3 -- MB-DE76EB1C8E2E75C5 - Taken by Endruen. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II -- MB-BDE81C923DA1D722 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 3 entrants total.

t1466449595z1.png

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Militia -- MB-280C24579910DCD2 - Taken by ExoSoul
Age of Steel Recharge -- MB-F3FDE5E2A8F7A465 - Taken by voodooray

iosefe

seeing KotOR 2 up there reminded me that i have this available

one of my favorite games
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II -- MB-4855A96D3B0D2E42 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.

t1466449830z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Mouse players would wreck console users.

I predict no VAC so mouse players will wreck themself over and over.

Also regarding classic RE characters for Umbrella I just read this:

They added as a pre-order, masks for you generic player character, these masks give you the face of Leon, Chris, Wesker, Jake and Barry over your character's helmet... because of that, these faces seem to be oversized and don't appear to be animated.

from the Steam community hub

img08.png

Well they said there's one more title on the way. Which they said was anticipated. So hopefully it's a full on Mercs game or I guess outbreak. Since it's too early for RE3make

Couldn't that be RE2 remake though, since they didn't mention it in that interview?

I'm surprised they haven't made a stand alone Mercenaries game yet (well, except for the 3DS one). I thought it was because they want it to be the main optional mode in new RE titles, but I don't think RE7 will necessarily have it now.

Jawmuncher

Couldn't that be RE2 remake though, since they didn't mention it in that interview?

I'm surprised they haven't made a stand alone Mercenaries game yet (well, except for the 3DS one). I thought it was because they want it to be the main optional mode in new RE titles, but I don't think RE7 will necessarily have it now.

I want to remain hopeful. Since I feel like they would just name it since we already know it's coming.

Amzin

now this is the real sale

I haven't been able to buy anything on Nuuvem for a couple months now :( Paypal just fails every time. I have a library of like 8 games I'd gotten previously still on there but whatever new check they're doing sure works on me.

The Pass isn't discounted but it's still the same price as the discounted DLCs. Do you really think they would let you buy the pass cheaper then the contents of the pass separately?

...Isn't that the point of the pass? To provide a cheaper option of getting the DLC than getting them separately? I mean, the pass is $25 and the DLC are normally $30 together.

AHA-Lambda

Just finished the new Sherlock Holmes game, yeah I preferred C&P quite a bit more

More of the puzzles in this installment seem either more tedious or illogical than last time around, and there is one case in particular where the conclusion frankly makes no sense >_<

I can't compare it to any others in the series, I've only played C&P and Devil's Daughter

Ruruja

Really happy they added steam keys to the previous NeoGeo bundle.

Do we know if Neo Turf Masters will eventually be on Steam too?

Welp, uninstalled Alien. Accidentally attacking a civilian in a pitch black game makes you reload a save in a game where the saves are across maps? No, see ya.

Looks like Star Ocean V might be coming to PC
Old French interview from 1 month ago, this part in particular is interesting:

FFD : Avez-vous prévu un portage de Star Ocean 5 sur PC ?

S.K. : Comme c'est un jeu riche en action, je me demande quelles seraient les commandes idéales sur PC... À votre avis, quelle serait la meilleure méthode pour y jouer ?
FFW : Avec une manette ?
S.K. : Mais en Europe, les gens ont-ils pour habitude de jouer sur PC avec une manette ?
Ensemble : Oui.
S.K. : Je vois. C'est sûr que si vous avez une manette, vous pouvez y jouer sans problème, mais je me demande comment faire pour ceux qui n'en ont pas. C'est notre principal sujet d'inquiétude et c'est la raison pour laquelle nous avons repoussé à plus tard la sortie d'une version PC, afin de réfléchir aux contrôles pour les joueurs qui n'ont pas de manette. Le moteur ASKA, qu'a utilisé tri-Ace pour concevoir Star Ocean 5, permet de porter très facilement le jeu sur PC, alors si nous arrivons à trouver une solution au problème des contrôles sur PC, le portage devrait être assez facile pour nous, même si je ne peux pas vous promettre que ce sera rapide.

Which would translate to

FFD : Do you plan a PC port of Star Ocean 5 ?

S.K. : Because it's a rich action title, I wonder what would be the best way to play it... do you have any idea ?
FFW : With a controller ?
S.K. : But in Europe, are people used to play on PC with a controller ?
Together : Yes.
S.K. : I see. Of course, if you have a controller, you can play it without any trouble, but I wonder how to do for those who don't have one. That's our main worry and that's the reason why we delayed the PC version, to think of a control scheme for players without a controller. ASKA engine, which is used by Tri-Ace to developp Star Ocean 5, allows for fairly easy PC ports, so if we find out a way to solve the control scheme issue, the port would be pretty easy for us, although I can't promise that it would be fast.

yuraya

So what is everyone looking forward to picking up the most during the summer sale?

Some of the stuff I want the most.

Arkham Knight
Elite Dangerous
Enter the Gungeon
Hyper Light Drifter
Salt and Sanctuary
Final Fantasy IX and X
Dying Light

Will definitely be picking up a few of those. Hopefully there are some really good deals and price errors :D

Storm Brewer

Neo Member
Hi SteamGaf!

I've been lurking on NeoGAF for what feels like forever (probably about 6 years now) and only bothered to apply around 2013 for an account. I got approved this March and I think I'm finally ready to start participating in what has to be my favorite gaming community! I figured I'd make my first post on the best part of GAF and just thank all y'all for being as awesome as you are ;)

I've got to say I'm not big into anime, but I recently finished both persona 3 portable, persona 4 golden and the steins;gate anime so maybe you can accept me anyways :) I just wanted to say hi before the Steam Sale wrecks all discussion thanks to the epic summer event (hopefully).

Anyway as celebration for finally posting I'll do a small giveaway of some great indies as soon as I figure out this ModBot character.

Looking forward to discussing video games and no longer playing them!

Parsnip

Hi SteamGaf!

I've been lurking on NeoGAF for what feels like forever (probably about 6 years now) and only bothered to apply around 2013 for an account. I got approved this March and I think I'm finally ready to start participating in what has to be my favorite gaming community! I figured I'd make my first post on the best part of GAF and just thank all y'all for being as awesome as you are ;)

I've got to say I'm not big into anime, but I recently finished both persona 3 portable, persona 4 golden and the steins;gate anime so maybe you can accept me anyways :) I just wanted to say hi before the Steam Sale wrecks all discussion thanks to the epic summer event (hopefully).

Anyway as celebration for finally posting I'll do a small giveaway of some great indies as soon as I figure out this ModBot character.

Hello.

Just in time for the sales.

This shows that japanese dont have any clue about overseas. I mean you dont know that you can play on the PC with a controller since over 10 years?

Well at least, they're not dismissing kb+m controls :p

this deserves a thread i think

Maybe you want to do it ? :p

Awesome if true.
(Would be ten times as awesome if they'd skip Star Ocean V and instead ported Valkyrie Profile 1+2)

One step closer to Automata :")

Hi SteamGaf!

Well, maybe half of us can accept you.

Anime, dividing SteamGAF since day one.

welcome!

edit: why does Enhanced Steam keep logging me out?

Very interesting.
So PC ports of console JRPGs are many times a big 'if' because the japanese don't know that many play JRPGs on PC with a controller anyway?
...Hopefully this woke them up a bit.

Well in that case, if the french translation is anything to go by, it's more about "will" than a "if".

Anno

Hi SteamGaf!

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom