• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm Brewer

Neo Member
Well that was a lot easier than I thought it'd be. Feels weird to say no lurkers as a lurker but hey hope everyone enjoys! If there's issues with the non rocket league/keep talking keys let me know, it's a fairly old bundle so they should be good but I'm not 100% sure.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Storm Brewer:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Storm Brewer, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-C0D28DA116F7CDDB - Taken by neonglow. 5 entrants total.
Rocket League -- MB-888B2CCC0FD49828 - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-5979E36E6410C8F8 - Taken by PaulSane. 3 entrants total.
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes -- MB-D55D6E57C4830204 - Taken by Shalashaska. 20 entrants total.
Steam Copy
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-7DEB733593E5AE02 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-E08200F713D38264 - Taken by mp1990. 2 entrants total.

t1466465692z1.png

Hi SteamGaf!

I've been lurking on NeoGAF for what feels like forever (probably about 6 years now) and only bothered to apply around 2013 for an account. I got approved this March and I think I'm finally ready to start participating in what has to be my favorite gaming community! I figured I'd make my first post on the best part of GAF and just thank all y'all for being as awesome as you are ;)

I've got to say I'm not big into anime, but I recently finished both persona 3 portable, persona 4 golden and the steins;gate anime so maybe you can accept me anyways :) I just wanted to say hi before the Steam Sale wrecks all discussion thanks to the epic summer event (hopefully).

Anyway as celebration for finally posting I'll do a small giveaway of some great indies as soon as I figure out this ModBot character.

Looking forward to discussing video games and no longer playing them!

Welcome :")

Ascheroth

Well in that case, if the french translation is anything to go by, it's more about "will" than a "if".

For some reason I completely read over the part that says it's basically only a matter of time.
Lol.

Hi SteamGaf!

I've been lurking on NeoGAF for what feels like forever (probably about 6 years now) and only bothered to apply around 2013 for an account. I got approved this March and I think I'm finally ready to start participating in what has to be my favorite gaming community! I figured I'd make my first post on the best part of GAF and just thank all y'all for being as awesome as you are ;)

I've got to say I'm not big into anime, but I recently finished both persona 3 portable, persona 4 golden and the steins;gate anime so maybe you can accept me anyways :) I just wanted to say hi before the Steam Sale wrecks all discussion thanks to the epic summer event (hopefully).

Anyway as celebration for finally posting I'll do a small giveaway of some great indies as soon as I figure out this ModBot character.

Welcome!
Although this is kind of weird to write as someone who basically posted in here the first time a couple days ago, haha.

mp1990

Banned
Hi SteamGaf!

It depends, which one did you prefer, Persona 3 or 4? This is of utmost importance for your admission in this community.

Welcome buddy, enjoy your stay :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks like Star Ocean V might be coming to PC
Old French interview from 1 month ago, this part in particular is interesting:

Which would translate to

(I can vouch for your translation)

I'm trying to imagine the audience of gamers who:
1) Want to play traditionally console games on PC
2) Will not use a Gamepad
3) Are not willing to remap the KBM controls to their own liking
4) Are going to be mad about default KBM controls in an RPG.

Backlogger

Hi SteamGaf!

Welcome

Cth

So what is everyone looking forward to picking up the most during the summer sale?

Some of the stuff I want the most.

Arkham Knight
Elite Dangerous
Enter the Gungeon
Hyper Light Drifter
Salt and Sanctuary
Final Fantasy IX and X
Dying Light

Will definitely be picking up a few of those. Hopefully there are some really good deals and price errors :D

Indie games from my wishlist :D

As far as price errors, I think those have gone the way of the dodo with the new system, right?

New Rocket League update in a little over an hour. It's going to be a nice one.

Ack! I forgot about this one.. looking forward to checking it out once I get home!

Lomax

But 400 just like that will somehow buy it day one and leave negative Steam reviews.

Native french speaker too ? :p

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

And yet there have been outcrys about every PC game that gets a "bad" port these days. Super niche games come to PC and somehow people are expecting the world out of ports that cearly are done as a 2nd or, more likely, 3rd thought. I'm not saying that excuses it, every game should be like DS3 and have lots of pretty useful options, but it isn't very likely most of the time.

Devs could help themselves though and make sure to label games that really NEED a controller with controller only tags in STEAM before releasing.

Storm Brewer

Neo Member
It depends, which one did you prefer, Persona 3 or 4? This is of utmost importance for your admission in this community.

Welcome buddy, enjoy your stay :D

Persona 4 had slightly better characters, way better holiday events and didn't have the worst dungeon of all time in Tartarus.

Persona 3 had a better story, battles that didn't entirely put me to sleep and you had FeMC which I loved (haven't done male MC though).

Overall it's a bit of a mixup, gotta give it to persona 4 in the end though cause Kenji's da best and screw 250+ floors in the same dungeon. Both games were great though, Persona 5 is my most anticipated game after ZTD comes out this week.

Atlus will bring their games to Steam eventually... Right???

Ruruja

Humble Bundle said it was unused so I assume it is, apologies if it isn't.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Samorost 2 -- MB-45A78CA7C9BC2CF1 - Taken by mp1990

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Persona 4 had slightly better characters, way better holiday events and didn't have the worst dungeon of all time in Tartarus.

Persona 3 had a better story, battles that didn't entirely put me to sleep and you had FeMC which I loved (haven't done male MC though).

Overall it's a bit of a mixup, gotta give it to persona 4 in the end though cause Kenji's da best and screw 250+ floors in the same dungeon. Both games were great though, Persona 5 is my most anticipated game after ZTD comes out this week.

Atlus will bring their games to Steam eventually... Right???
I got to admit, you know how to appeal to this community.

Welcome!

Hi SteamGaf!

Hi welcome! To take something from wrestleGAF, name your personal fave five games.

Soulflarz

Banned
tbf most ztd fans are buying it on a handheld I'd safely assume

the watch alone is a good enough incentive for many, in addition to the fact that plenty who played VLR might not have gaming pcs

I hope ZTD does some kind of pre-order discount or it's going to get burried like Axiom Verge

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for AV to be included in the 1$ tier of a humble bundle. The game has been out for more than a year now. What is the developer waiting for?

/jk

Will probably bite during the summer sale, even if it's only discounted by half.

Eila

tbf most ztd fans are buying it on a handheld I'd safely assume

the watch alone is a good enough incentive for many, in addition to the fact that plenty who played VLR might not have gaming pcs

I wanted to say Danganronpa games run on anything but the recommended specs for ZTD are quite beefier. I wonder why.

I hope ZTD does some kind of pre-order discount or it's going to get burried like Axiom Verge

It really doesn't need a discount. The game is coming out at pretty much the same time as the handheld versions of the game and it looks like some work has been put into it. I would love a discount but I think it'll sell just fine without one if that's their decision.

Storm Brewer

Neo Member
Hi welcome! To take something from wrestleGAF, name your personal fave five games.

Thanks! Top 5 is so hard I could name 25-30 easily.. but if I go over what I've played through somewhat recently it would be:

Vagrant Story (my dream game to be remade; with a good UI/menu + modern controls/weapon switching this would be the GOAT)
Sonic 2 (my first game ever at the young age of 3)
Baldur's Gate 2
Dark Souls
Metroid Prime 1

I could go on and on about all of these but I'll save it for another time haha.

If I considered multiplayer it'd be a whole other story but in terms of single player I loved all of these. Going to be starting up Planescape soon after midterms and I think that might end up in that list if it's everything it's said to be.

I really want to put my money where my mouth is and get ZTD on Steam but i love playing VN's on handhelds. I really can't see myself play one on my PC.
Really want to get Root Double tho
Being able to play while i am in bed makes it more likely that i will pick it up and i am able to play for longer periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom