• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

The $1 tier of that Humble Neo-Geo bundle is worth it for Blazing Star alone, if you like side-scrolling shooters. It's more like Thunder Force than R-Type (which is to say it's somewhat faster paced, with more emphasis on reflexes than memorizing stage layouts - Pulstar in the BTA tier is more of an R-Type-like, if that's your thing). One of my personal fave shmups, and a highlight of the Neo-Geo library, IMO.

Okay, I'm done throwing you people bones.

They should know better than to expect straight answers from a servant of the Great Old Ones.

Anno

For some reason I find the map in HoI4 really really beautiful. Nice to see that weird little engine getting some makeovers.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Oh shit, apparently Drawful 2 is out tomorrow. I have a bunch of money in my Steam wallet from cards, so would anyone want to play around noon Pacific tomorrow?

MusicBee is the superior desktop music player, and it just updated to fit with Windows 10's theme

it also has a nice internet radio option that bests Spotify

Foobar is too convoluted if I just want to listen to some fucking Taylor Swift

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I use MusicBee for iTunes-esque sorting and manual iPod-loading, and Foobar for things requiring higher quality and less individual tracks, like classical or jazz. Foobar is the one file-associated so I can open individual files with a no-bloat program.

data

Is there a good music player that looks like iTunes? I really want album cover view that iTunes has but none of the music players seem to have it

Tellaerin

Finished F.E.A.R. earlier. Phenomenal game. AI was great to fight against, the guns felt terrific, and the story kept me interested until the end. Definitely scratched my FPS itch. From what I'm hearing, the later games weren't as good as the first? Wondering if they're worth bothering with, or if I'll just end up disappointed.

rtcn63

Finished F.E.A.R. earlier. Phenomenal game. AI was great to fight against, the guns felt terrific, and the story kept me interested until the end. Definitely scratched my FPS itch. From what I'm hearing, the later games weren't as good as the first? Wondering if they're worth bothering with, or if I'll just end up disappointed.

The third game plays like a cinematic, linear shooter of its day. That said, I at least finished it. FEAR just went on for way too long.

F.E.A.R. 2 is "more of that" but not really as good. It leaned more into the horror part but sacrificed the design chops that made the first game so great. I played the second before the first and still feel this way--F.E.A.R. blew me away.

And in case anyone is wondering: FE3R is just bad. Avoid.
Finally uninstalled iTunes, what music player do you guys use?

Windows Media Player. The GOAT!

It's slow, clunky, and has all kinds of categorisation problems, but dammit, I've been using it for years and can't switch from it now.

Finally uninstalled iTunes, what music player do you guys use?

Super-bougie answer given how expensive it is, but for music files you have locally (i.e. not Spotify), Roon is *amazing*. Massive amounts of metadata it pulls down from the cloud about your music, easy to "push" music to whatever endpoints you want to use, you can install it on a core machine then use another device like your tablet or phone to control it, handles high bitrate codecs like charm, etc etc etc.

Soooooooooooo....

...anybody who ordered Mighty No. 9 through Nuuvem, check your library. I just got some Steam keys....before any KS backer received theirs. This MN9 saga still keeps giving.

I'll feel your pain once Unsung Story starts creeping up for release.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

If you haven't, play Extraction Point, it is an expansion for the first game, more horror-focused, but it is worth playing and comes free with the Steam version. The other Expansion Pack, Perseus Mandate, isn't as good nearly (it has its moments, but ehhh).

If you feel like playing more F.E.A.R., the 2nd game is worth checking out well enough, but no it was a bit console-fied (developed with 360 in mind rather than PC), but it has some lower lows than the first game, but I also think it had some higher highs.

mp1990

Banned
F.E.A.R 2 didn't clicked with me at all, despite loving the first one. Granted, I never got hooked in the plot, so that may explain why my interest disappeared so quickly, but I just couldn't stand any of it. There was something with the gun play that felt off, not sure how to explain. I feel like giving Extraction Point a chance at some point, but F2 just soured the genre for me, and I don't feel like playing SP FPSs for a while.

On a unrelated note: jesus damn christ Virtue Last Reward is great. I just clocked 40 hours and I'm SOOOO into this game. If it doesn't drop the ball at the ending, I might end up digging it more than 999.

The problem with FEAR 2 is enemies don't react to your bullets, as opposed to the godly gunplay in FEAR 1, so it feels like a huge stepdown. I would like Monolith to try and make another FEAR game one day.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Soooooooooooo....

...anybody who ordered Mighty No. 9 through Nuuvem, check your library. I just got some Steam keys....before any KS backer received theirs. This MN9 saga still keeps giving.

I'll feel your pain once Unsung Story starts creeping up for release.

What if it doesnt release tho?

Is there a reason they aren't showing how many games are part of the weeklong deals on the main page? I know it's usually pretty lackluster before a big sale, but there is stuff on sale that's marked as a weeklong deal. And occasionally that stuff gets price errors when it rolls into a big sale.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
MediaMonkey long ago replaced iTunes for me.

I just remembered, Steam has a music player too.

11 Minutes of Tekken 7 PC Gameplay - E3 2016

3NCQZ.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hi, I'm Alisa. Now you must die.

If it isn't 60fps that's a crime against the franchise and genre. It's probably better that it's a 30fps video because youtube encoding sucks and would make it into a massive blur of blocks.

I thought Tekken 7 was a 60fps game, but the cinematics were 30? At least that's what Max said in his video.

Tekken has been 60fps for a while (maybe forever), I don't know what that dude is on about. TTT2 even had resolution changes whenever there was too many characters on screen to keep 60fps.

chronomac

What are the odds of me getting my backer Steam key of Mighty No. 9 by midnight? 1,000:1 probably?

Well whaddya know. I got it with 20 minutes to spare.

It came with two additional keys for skins (Ray and Retro Hero) but both of them tried to redeem the same thing...so I got one skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom