• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
An anonymous pay it forward mystery gift. Interesting. I hope whoever wins it reveals the mystery.

I have a few keys around to give away but some previously used ones also showed up as unused when humble bundle changed their site so I'm a little uncertain which are good or not and scared to accidentally give a bad one and look like an ass.

Arthea

Doesn't the sale start on the 23rd at 10? That's roughly 55 hours from now.

is it? I noticed that specials end in 30 hours, 31 to be precise.
time zones make it confusing, true

VA-11 Hall-A is a tad more expensive than I expected, also no day one discount, booo

I think saying they don't care due to not losing money is... probably inaccurate. Like with the reviews system (and greenlight, and curators), they no doubt do care, since anything that makes life worse for developers reflects poorly on Steam and the service it provides. It's more likely that, as with reviews (and greenlight, and curators), the will to fix the problem isn't really there now... Essentially, they need to care more in order to fix it.

how that shows that they care? if anything greenlight shows that they don't care at all about anything, except getting those $100 for submitting on greenlight.
and curation? it totally doesn't work.

abracadaver

http://store.steampowered.com/app/423950/

Deadlight DC released, not even 1% off as loyalty discount (the 15% off is for everyone).

I really don't understand this. I mean, Deadlight is not a so good game you would buy again for full price, I wonder what the target audience is for this.

Also, why the DC costs more than what Deadlight used to cost at launch?

It's disgusting after Dead Island and Hard Reset both had a 85% loyalty discount :-(

Knurek

oh really?
lol

you know that ZTD releases during the sale, don't you?

Not going to buy ZTD (unless significantly discounted) untill 999 and VLR land on Steam.
4 TB HDD to replace my broken one and a 980 TI this month, so yea, my wallet's in ICU this month

Pixieking

Banned
how that shows that they care? if anything greenlight shows that they don't care at all about anything, except getting those $100 for submitting on greenlight.
and curation? it totally doesn't work.

Which is kinda my point - they don't work (well, Greenlight sort-of-did initially), but in the case of curators and reviews, they could be improved upon to work a lot better. It's great that they cared enough to implement them in the first place, but they just don't care enough now to fix them.

They'll fix them at some point in the future, sure, but that really doesn't help the consumer or developer who is grossed out by (as an example) Frame Rate Police.

Arthea

Not going to buy ZTD (unless significantly discounted) untill 999 and VLR land on Steam.
4 TB HDD to replace my broken one and a 980 TI this month, so yea, my wallet's in ICU this month
I should do the same! but it's hard
you bought 980 Ti and new HD? Did you win some lottery or something?

derFeef

I enjoyed FEAR 2, but it sure is not better than FEAR 1.
FEAR 3 can rot in hell though, even if I liked the concept and idea of it.

Knurek

I should do the same! but it's hard
you bought 980 Ti and new HD? Did you win some lottery or something?

Just play Root Double or Muv Luv - by the time you finish either of them, we should have the whole Uchikoshi trilogy on Steam.
Had to buy the HDD, as my old one was dying. 980 TI came down in price this week so significantly, it's actually cheaper than 1070. Screw the additional 2 GB of RAM, I'll just get the Maxwell card instead of waiting few months till 1070 are in stock

Tizoc

The only hardware i bought recently was a seagate 4tb ex hdd+case for usd 138 without shipping fee

I was thinking of making a giveaway of ztd but crom would request restrictions against some people :v
Also remaining budget...

Deques

I did a random thing. I was curious on how many possible combinations you can do with Steam keys.

There are 26 letters and 10 numbers, Steam keys are 15 characters long, which totals 221073919720733000000000 combinations of possible combinations.

That's a huge number, I thought it was much lesser combinations.

I did a random thing. I was curious on how many possible combinations you can do with Steam keys.

There are 26 letters and 10 numbers, Steam keys are 15 characters long, which totals 221073919720733000000000 combinations of possible combinations.

I think you put the numbers in the wrong place.

15 positions with 36 possible values gives you:

15^36 ≈ 2,184 * 10^42

Which is even more insane.

Edit: If you type one combination every second, it would still take you 7 * 10^34 years before you tried every combination.
That's 70 million billion billion billion years.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-6842171A1FA61D52 - Taken by derFeef
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-130F557B3227D3CB - Taken by fuzzy123
Mystery Game -- MB-6F9535D0ADB63543 - Taken by Vuze
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-4BD10CF8284DCD28 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-3B93EB4D63C885E1 - Taken by bobnowhere
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-95AABB0F7E64028C - Taken by nightstorm
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-2B38F66795388450 - Taken by derExperte

Phinor

I think you put the numbers in the wrong place.

15 positions with 36 possible values gives you:

15^36 ≈ 2,184 * 10^42

Which is even more insane.

Edit: If you type one combination every second, it would still take you 7 * 10^34 years before you tried every combination.
That's 70 million billion billion billion years.

So what you are saying is... there's a chance I might get lucky just by trying random sequences! Since we are not actually playing Steam games, might as well try and activate more games randomly. Now we just need to know exactly how the activation block/timer works.

Deques

So what you are saying is... there's a chance I might get lucky just by trying random sequences! Since we are not actually playing Steam games, might as well try and activate more games randomly. Now we just need to know exactly how the activation block/timer works.

Activating too many incorrect keys will make you unable to activate a valid key and you have to wait like 30 minutes before being able to actually activate a valid key

Are all 26 letters and/or all 10 numbers used, however? Do they use both 0 and O, both 1 and I? I mean sure it wouldn't put a dent in that number, but if we're doing math we may as well do it right.

Deques

Are all 26 letters and/or all 10 numbers used, however? Do they use both 0 and O, both 1 and I? I mean sure it wouldn't put a dent in that number, but if we're doing math we may as well do it right.

I went through my list of unused keys and looked for which characters that aren't used in Steam keys

These characters were not found:
O S U 1

That's 4.3144 * 10^37 possible combinations

Monooboe

Just realized, that there isn't really any game I have to have this sale. Maybe Shadowrun Hong Kong. I'm playing Witcher 3 again so that should keep me occupied for some time.

I went through my list of unused keys and looked for which characters that aren't used in Steam keys

O S U 1

Those 4 characters just saved us 69 million billion billion billion years, woo! *spamming add key-dialog*

And Half Life 3 still won't be out.

Yeah, I'm bored today.

It takes time to find a free combination.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I already had the mystery game that I won.

I wonder if I should keep it a mystery, and also wonder how to give a key that was already given without modbot giving an error.

madjoki

O S U 1

0 and O
1 and I
5 and S

are considered same character as far as steam keys are considered.

Activating too many incorrect keys will make you unable to activate a valid key and you have to wait like 30 minutes before being able to actually activate a valid key

It's per account and not per IP, so in theory you could use like million accounts to push more guesses through :p

http://store.steampowered.com/app/423950/

Deadlight DC released, not even 1% off as loyalty discount (the 15% off is for everyone).

I really don't understand this. I mean, Deadlight is not a so good game you would buy again for full price, I wonder what the target audience is for this.

Also, why the DC costs more than what Deadlight used to cost at launch?

Could be because publisher is different? Original was published by Microsoft and new one by Deep Silver.

derExperte

You deserve a cake for removing trash games, but you shouldn't enter those mystery giveaways

I shouldn't and very rarely do but what if this would've been the first good one ever? What then?

That would be the real 'ending' i take it?

More like another cliffhanger but it's the last Dead Space content we have so it's worth a few bucks (very short tho) for fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom