• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to say I'm not big into anime, but I recently finished both persona 3 portable, persona 4 golden and the steins;gate anime so maybe you can accept me anyways :) I just wanted to say hi before the Steam Sale wrecks all discussion thanks to the epic summer event (hopefully).

You'll come to love anime, one way or another...

Welcome !

Anno

Been listening to a lot of game dev podcasts recently and it has been surprising how much of making their games has been about just stripping out half the systems they crammed in to begin with. I love fiddly things in games so I don't know if I would mind personally, but I guess it does make sense to distill many of their games to some core loop and hack off everything that doesn't help it.

Tomasety

I wasn't aware of uplay supported 2 factor authentication

hYDioDT.png

Hektor

How do you know going back to console would fix that?
I have a thoroughly neglected WiiU with quite a few choice games (Tropical Freeze, 3D World, etc).

Plus it'd be nice to play a game without the expectation that I have to write a review.
On the other hand, playing a game without reviewing it...feels kinda hollow.

Sch1sm

Gosh. I've been playing nothing but mediocre garbage all month.

If my fortunes don't turn around, I'll probably go back to consoles for a few months.

Well. It's not like I know these games are going to be bad.

Are the Steam reviews super positive, leading you to believe they're great? Or. I don't get it.

You could ask us how the game is. Plenty of people are happy to share their experiences. Or ask for suggestions by linking to your library/what people have played & enjoyed lately - I dunno.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mountain -- MB-BF6F3285E7ED4A9C - Taken by Sch1sm

Sch1sm

I already had the mystery game that I won.

I wonder if I should keep it a mystery, and also wonder how to give a key that was already given without modbot giving an error.

Send ModBot a message like this:

Subject - nuke
Body - steam key of game, not the MB-XXXXXX one

Then you can set up another giveaway without the message.

Well I just played this mess earlier: http://store.steampowered.com/app/463550/?snr=1_5_9__205

The positive reviews are undoubtedly fake, but you can never be too sure.

Funny you say that. I scrolled to the reviews, hit the 3 negatives. Very top on says just that. RIP. Play something tried and true, Joe. You need it. Cant abandon us forever on this platform for the WiiU. 😉

It's never a sure-fire hit to trust Steam User reviews or others' opinions here or elsewhere in general. Only after playing it yourself, can you know if you enjoy the game or not.
Tomb Raider 13 has an Overwhelmingly Positive user rating and a high 86 on Metacritic but to me it was stil a total turd.

This too.
Although I enjoyed Tomb Raider '13.

Besides, "tried and true" and "sure-fire" games aren't all that interesting to me.

Sch1sm

It's never a sure-fire hit to trust Steam User reviews or others' opinions here or elsewhere in general. Only after playing it yourself, can you know if you enjoy the game or not.
Tomb Raider 13 has an Overwhelmingly Positive user rating and a high 86 on Metacritic but to me it was still a total turd.

We both know I just play puzzle/platformer/metroidvanias, + episodic titles and strategies, Veggie. I agree with you. Down to the Tomb Raider 2013 feeling.

Some people rely on those, though. Wouldn't get why considering the taste differences among Steam's many users. It's like how NT enjoys the movie Attack on the Block and I don't; how can I rely on the opinions of people I mostly don't know? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

data

Wtf happened to that average? Are that many people really buying the darn t-shirt?

e: oh only 21 buyers on the bundle. guys pls buy 1$ tier so the price goes down

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Generations and All-Stars Racing Transformed are totally worth $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom