• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

it's weird that @steam_games never tweeted about senran kagura release.

also it's not available on steam front page.

sanhora

50-80% speed on my 4790k+970, but should be okay for a VN.
Sound works as well.
Might crash 10 minutes into the game, it's still at very early stages.

As tempting as that sounds, I imagine it'd be even more choppier with 2500k+960. Maybe in a year or so it'll be playable but I'd be surprised if we don't have native PC ports by then.

Arthea

whatever is a good price and is on my wishlist or is recommended in the sale/indie thread
rebel galaxy is on sale now.. I have it wishlisted.. but I don't know why..

what is it and why do you want

It's a simple but fun space sim (somewhat arcadey), well made, looks pretty, what's not to want?

edited:
I hope it'll get a tad better discount during summer sale, although that's wishful thinking

Ludens

Banned
It seems Digital Homicide started publishing games under a different label, Digital Homicide Studios LLC.

There are different games compared to the offer of Digital Homicide Studios.

Ozium

It seems Digital Homicide started publishing games under a different label, Digital Homicide Studios LLC.

There are different games compared to the offer of Digital Homicide Studios.

these guys are a beast of a dev house

one of the most well known among the steam indie scene

truly remarkable what they have achieved

It's a simple but fun space sim (somewhat arcadey), well made, looks pretty, what's not to want?

edited:
I hope it'll get a tad better discount during summer sale, although that's wishful thinking

no man's sky tho

Store page for Zero Time Dilemma is up.

Steam announcement with details.

I'm wondering if I should even bother to go to the trouble and expense of importing the watch editions of the handheld versions like I was going to. I've played Zero Escape on 3DS and I kind of wanted to finish the series there but it's going to be a world apart from the PC version in quality.

Anyway I finished off Doom yesterday. It was simply amazing. The combat feedback wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be but otherwise it was just really fun to have a large arsenal of weapons and run around in wide open areas killing tons of demons. I'm so glad they managed to hold on to the oldschool design choices with health packs, power ups, no limits on your weapon carrying capacity and stuff like that. The game sets the tone of the story very early on with one of the better intros I've seen in a while (not really a spoiler but it's a moment you should experience for yourself).

If there's one minor (and completely self inflicted) problem, I'd say that going after all the secrets and challenges can disrupt the flow of the game significantly. Of course it's all optional so you never have to do any of it but at the same time there are a lot of weapon and armor upgrades that are hidden away from the normal path. In retrospect, you kind of need to get some of those upgrades because you will be swarmed with difficult enemies later on the game. So if you have a tendency to search around for collectibles and stuff in games then you will end up with long gaps between two combat sections. Again, a totally avoidable problem except for those who feel compelled to be completionists while playing games.

I would recommend playing the game on nightmare difficulty. Anything lower than that and you will rarely be in danger of dying which removes a lot of the tension from the combat. Ultra nightmare difficulty (which unlocks after you finish the game once) is really bloody hard. I really wish the game had an NG+ mode which let you go through the campaign again with all your unlocked upgrades.

The multiplayer is still not very good, and at this point is also very dead. When I tried playing it once for the achievements I couldn't even get into a game. Steam stats said the daily peak was 10k and 6k were playing at the time, many of whom would be in the single player campaign. I actually had to ask a friend in Europe to invite me to his party to get the matchmaking to work.

Snap map is a cool idea and they've simplified a lot of the map creation and scripting but it's ultimately very limited. The biggest hurdle is that there is a hard limit on the number of assets you can add into a level at any point which makes it unlikely that we'll ever see any complex maps coming out of it. There are a few good ideas up already, but with the dwindling player numbers and the miniscule number of people who actually bother with mapping (2% according to Steam global stats), I don't see it taking off.

In any case, the campaign is the meat of the game and it is fucking amazing so everyone should play it. On my friends list only 4 people have finished the game :(

Also I cannot believe Mick Gordon's amazing soundtrack for the game is not available for purchase anywhere.

Releasing in the middle of Summer Sale?
You might want to reschedule, Spike Chunsoft. Just a little tip.

I feel kind of bad for them because the Summer Sale is going to drown out this release completely. At the same time, they decided the date a long time ago (it's virtually the same for all versions) and it would probably be troublesome to move it around now. This is just really bad luck for them that the sale landed on their release date.

please buy rebel galaxy and tell me how it is

It's pretty decent but it's very grindy. I'm currently at the point where I need to make 100s of thousands of creds on boring missions to upgrade my gear to take on the next story mission and I don't really have the determination for it.

kurahador

Lakeview Cabin Collection is one weird game. It doesn't even tells you what to do, and suddenly you're dead. Fucking hell.

I was thinking of refunding, but the part where you can experiment on how you can die or kill someone is pretty great.

Tenrius

Zero Time Dilemma actually looks great on the store page screens. I remember there being some doubts over the initial footage.

Javier23

Banned
Lakeview Cabin Collection is one weird game. It doesn't even tells you what to do, and suddenly you're dead. Fucking hell.

I was thinking of refunding, but the part where you can experiment on how you can die or kill someone is pretty great.
When buying the game just last night I expected all episodes to be kinda like the third one (first? The one in the empty summer camp). Fun sandboxes with a lurking slasher AI. Kind of a reverse Hitman actually. And then I was disappointed when I saw that wasn't exactly the case with most episodes. Also, I was really disappointed when in that first/third ep
at some point I noticed the red-haired guy swimming back and forth across the lake during the day and I went in for the kill with the axe just to find out that not only it's not possible but it's also a quick way of ending up killed yourself. Trying to run him over with the boat doesn't work either. I felt for a second like I had gained the upper hand by finding the guy and that I had found a creative way of killing him just to find out the game's actually a lot more restricted than it looks like. Something else I really disliked was how in the end it's more practical just to treat every character as an extra life and to hide them all.

Something I actually really like is how quickly it all can go FUBAR. By my fourth or fifth attempt I thought I had it, I readied everyone and I subsequently got everyone killed in a matter of seconds when the baby creature made its appearance in the way I could have least expected.

Ludens

Banned
So, GOG agreement changed because of Steam Connect, and people accepted it if they connected to Steam.
It's strange, I see no reason on why GOG is providing free games for Steam users, from a marketing point it makes no sense, since GOG is a competitor. It makes sense in the term a user who built a library on GOG, probably, hopefully will spend some money on GOG too, but otherwise I see no reason on doing what they are doing.
I hope GOG isn't in trouble.

Corpekata

Banned
So, GOG agreement changed because of Steam Connect, and people accepted it if they connected to Steam.
It's strange, I see no reason on why GOG is providing free games for Steam users, from a marketing point it makes no sense, since GOG is a competitor. It makes sense in the term a user who built a library on GOG, probably, hopefully will spend some money on GOG too, but otherwise I see no reason on doing what they are doing.

You say it makes no sense and then a sentence later describe the exact reason they are doing it. They want more traffic. By doing the whole "5 days" thing and constantly adding and dropping games they'll have a handful of people using their site more often than they normally do.

There are a couple of reasons why it makes sense from a marketing perspective:
- Reciprocity. When someone does something for you, you want to do something back for them. Say buy a couple of games from GOG in the next sale.
- It lowers the switching costs from steam tot GOG. Say you want to switch to GOG from steam for whatever reasons, but it's too discouraging as you will have to restart your games library from scratches. Now they give you a couple of games to kickstart your GOG library.

The downside:
They are losing sales to people who were willing to double dip to have a game on both platforms.

gelf

A couple of bundles worth of leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for gelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BloodRayne Betrayal -- MB-C7BA7E3760E8C5F8 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-5844B2FECC5877C9 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Cibele -- MB-3E35526B65922352 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 5 entrants total.
A Boy and His Blob -- MB-2F7FA043C212F0EC - Taken by nightstorm. 6 entrants total.
Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-CC0A9E942A62D7E7 - Taken by Large Professor. 3 entrants total.
Read Only Memories -- MB-F2E26AC4CB078C3D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1464868575z1.png

Kagemusha

The missed opportunity is that GOG isn't having a sale on their exclusive titles. They have like 300 or so exclusives and none are on sale. They were smart to get Steam users to visit their store, but it's stoopid that they had nothing unique to sell the new visitors. And now I'm no longer willing to buy anything from them.

It's pretty decent but it's very grindy. I'm currently at the point where I need to make 100s of thousands of creds on boring missions to upgrade my gear to take on the next story mission and I don't really have the determination for it.

Yeah.

The whole look is really cool, and the idea that you can make your money a number of different ways (pirating, mercenary work, trading) is a solid idea. But the missions too often boil down to a similar pattern of going to a distant station or asteroid field to have a skirmish, then fly back.

I wish the game took the reins off a little bit and gave it room to breathe in an open-ended sense without needing the side-mission structure.

Jalal

Are there any plans to add cloud save support to GOG games? I can't see myself playing some games without it, especially for some genres like Rouguelike/lites with progression a core part of the game I'd say its a must.

Nordicus

This GOG Connect thing might save me bit of money during one of those bundle deals where buying more/all gives you a better discount. Don't need to double-dip on stuff I already have on Steam

The Gog connect thing finally worked for me. It's doesn't specifically mention it on the page but Van Helsing 1 through 3 are also included in the deal alongside the complete version.

Jadax

The Gog connect thing finally worked for me. It's doesn't specifically mention it on the page but Van Helsing 1 through 3 are also included in the deal alongside the complete version.

That's weird, connect didn't recognise that for me - I have 8 came recognised, all a bunch of freebies I got from gleam etc.

Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Large Professor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Read Only Memories -- MB-FB673516755ABC2D - Taken by texhnolyze. 6 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-ED51D8A1B2CA4B96 - Taken by Kifimbo
Shantae: Risky's Revenge -- MB-B71291CCA176083C

t1464882476z1.png

Store page for Zero Time Dilemma is up.

Steam announcement with details.
Cool. Hopefuly the whole series lands on Steam soon.
So guys! Took me 72 hours

yes2cy2j.png

Now to put my save before NG+ back in and wait for DLC =D

Now what to play next....
Nice. Congrats.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/449150/

My interactive fiction game PataNoir is now available on Steam!

I have 5 Steam keys set aside for the first five gaffers who PM for one.
Wish you best of success with your game.

Parsnip

Looks like GOG connect finally worked for me, 11 games added to the library.

So guys! Took me 72 hours

yes2cy2j.png

Now to put my save before NG+ back in and wait for DLC =D

Now what to play next....

Damn it, I should have probably backed up a NG endgame save as well for the DLC stuff.

Maybe I'll play through the game again once the DLC out, that seems like a thing I should do.

Sarcasm

Looks like GOG connect finally worked for me, 11 games added to the library.

Damn it, I should have probably backed up a NG endgame save as well for the DLC stuff.

Maybe I'll play through the game again once the DLC out, that seems like a thing I should do.

You don't want to see my list of saves -.-

dsss333jnlqj.png

I've asked for a refund and it's taking unusually long to get confirmed. It has been almost two days now, normally it would take 2 tot 3 hours. I can't imagine my account has been flagged or something, because my last refund request was like 3 months ago.

chronomac

So I've been disconnected from this thread and the recent news from AMD and Nvidia, really. Are people excited about the new AMD card, the RX 480? Seems like a great deal for a VR-capable GPU.

So I've been disconnected from this thread and the recent news from AMD and Nvidia, really. Are people excited about the new AMD card, the RX 480? Seems like a great deal for a VR-capable GPU.

The price seems good, and I hope the whole series of card come to my country at a reasonable price.

Corpekata

Banned
D was one of the upcoming games from that Console Classics dev that ported emulated stuff.

Since the GOG page lists Night Dive, I wonder if they sold their rights to them, as Console Classics slowed way down after a couple games.

uh, so, i tried to buy the witcher 3 off some mexican trader kurtrussell pointed me to. i like bought the thing and he told me it didn't work and he wanted me to do some other stuff and i figured i rather not mess with this shit anymore. also he started talking me about him winning some keys at the end. i have no idea what he means but whatever

i'll just buy it off steam when/if i get my refund, but this is why i don't like buying off shady traders

like not only it feels really shitty to me that i'm like screwing developers off their deserved money but also it feels super risky and you get these weirdos

ugh and don't call me bro

i hate that

i'm not a bro

Are you sure that's my mexican? That looks like someone saw your post and added you with the express intention to scam you (the mexican guy I recommended doesn't speak english normally, and he doesn't use g2a either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom