• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend Deal:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/

Steam Controller and Link -30%

0rVmE2d.jpg

Cry for me argentina :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Its hard to buy any Lego game at launch considering they drop in price pretty quickly.

That's true, it's why it's tempting and not a must-buy for me. I've loved all the main Lego games so far (aside from Batman 3 which fell a little flat for me) so I've no doubt I'll love this too, especially with it being Star Wars. I know I can wait for a sale though. Avengers came out in January and was 75% off in March.

L.O.R.D

I was thinking of sending a PM with explanations instead of writing a post, but thought that this info may be of use to someone else.
I haven't used GeDoSaTo much yet, so maybe some of the steps aren't really necessary:

1. Open the Whitelist (there is button to the right)
2. Add the following line:
Application || Senran Kagura
this will tell GeDoSaTo the name of the process it should work with.
3. Press the Edit Settings button on the main screen
4. There should be a dropdown menu in the bottom-left of the newly opened window, find and select
config\Application\GeDoSaTo.ini
5. After that, press the U button right of the dropdown menu and then press OK. This will create an .ini file that you will need to edit.
6. Here are the contents of my .ini file:

forceBorderlessFullscreen true
aaQuality 4
renderResolution 3840x2160@60
scalingType lanczos
forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes true
presentInterval 1

You may copy and paste these lines into your file, and then click save. If the game lags with these settings, you can try lowering the renderResolution parameter.

Make sure that GeDoSaTo is activated (there are buttons for this on the main window) and the window is open. Now run the game - it may or may not work right away, you can press "+" on the numpad to see if GeDoSaTo is working, if it is, you will see some lines of text in the top of the game's window. Look for the line with the word "downsampling" in it - if it says Not downsampling, go to the settings in game and change display to fullscreen, and then to borderless - it should work after that.
The game may also open in the downsampling resolution when you first launch it - i.e. it won't fit on the screen, in this case, you will have to wait for it to get to the main menu, press right once, and enter the settings - there, you would need to do the same thing - select Fullscreen first, and then Borderless - it should fit the screen after that, and it also should be downsampled at that point.
just tried it,it's only show me black screen,i can see the cursor and hear the sound.

Does X-COM 2 play well with a Steam controller. I'm currently playing it and I miss the controller support from the first game.
If the controller works well with the game this deal is very tempting.

It was one of the big games that launched with a official config and it was even bundled with the controller, I imagine it's pretty good.

Corpekata

Banned
Does X-COM 2 play well with a Steam controller. I'm currently playing it and I miss the controller support from the first game.
If the controller works well with the game this deal is very tempting.

Well it was packaged with XCOM 2 as a promo before launch so I imagine it must control hafl decently on it.

Ludens

Banned
A friend passed me this regarding Obduction:

List price at launch is $29.99, and [drum roll please] we’re launching on PC, Mac, and Oculus Rift simultaneously [and under our breath - sounding like a cough] on July 26.

PaulSane

just tried it,it's only show me black screen,i can see the cursor and hear the sound.

That's rather strange, i haven't encountered this behavior. You could try removing some of the following lines:

aaQuality 4
presentInterval 1
forceBorderlessFullscreen true
scalingType lanczos

Balthuk

Anyone here wanna trade 80 days and cibele ? I have a spare infinifactory key if you wanna

I'll just quote myself this once since I'm missing all the giveaways.
--
So I just built a pc for a relative, had to go into a lot of trouble since 6th generation intel cpus don't support usb out of the box with windows 7 and had to waste half a day to find out what was going on. Like what the hell.

Also I will have to build another pc for somebody and I don't know how much money to spend on it. Was thinking something like i3/r9 370/370x since budget is tight but with gpu releases coming up I don't know.. He doesn't have a pc atm though so it's not like I cant wait a month.

Wok

I did not see it mentioned. The game was originally planned for June. No idea it was VR compatible.

Obduction's release date is known: July 26. For $30.

Cyan, Inc. the award-winning creators of Myst and Riven, today announced that Obduction, their highly-anticipated adventure game, will be launching simultaneously on PC, Mac and Oculus Rift, and will be available for download from Steam, GOG.com, Humble Store, Mac App Store, and the Oculus Store on July 26, 2016 for $29.99.

An official selection of the IndieCade @ E3 Showcase, Obduction will have a new world playable at E3, Kaptar, which features soaring cliffs with precarious pathways that lead to ancient architecture, gargantuan machinery, and curious lifeforms. Also available for play at E3 will be a demo of the unusual world of Hunrath, a bizarre scoop of Earth that includes red rock canyons and a midwestern farmhouse complete with white picket fence - nestled eerily in an alien landscape.

Obduction’s first playable VR demo will be unveiled at the E3 UploadVR Party where Cyan’s co-founder Rand Miller will discuss unique features of the game and the development experience.

“We’re so excited to once again immerse players in new worlds that offer that same feeling that Myst did — of being swept away into a story and environments that become their world. It’s been invigorating to build this new place with today's technology to offer the best PC and Mac experience we could. And Obduction in VR crosses an exciting threshold in a new immersive era.” said Rand Miller, CEO and Co-founder of Cyan.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can buy it for you via mexican steam store if you still need it.
dang should've asked here -__-

might ask you to later if you'd be so kind, thanks

It is incredible how you want to purchase something from him, you ask a yes/no question, and he answers by asking you to purchase something for him instead.

ZoYVSOj.png
honestly i think anyone with half a brain would've stop at the point you're quoting lol

Are you sure that's my mexican? That looks like someone saw your post and added you with the express intention to scam you (the mexican guy I recommended doesn't speak english normally, and he doesn't use g2a either)
you might be right, idk, i didn't think to check cos they added me right after i posted

it's not much money so it's not too annoying, i mostly just feel pretty silly now haha

Knurek

Seven months later, Valve’s Steam Machines look dead in the water
Sales of under 500,000 machines so far show an utter lack of market demand.

Put it together, and you find that there have been less than half a million Steam Machines sold over a span of more than half a year. The real number could potentially be much lower when you consider curious Windows gamers who bought a Steam Controller and SteamOS players who bought additional controllers. While the 500,000 number doesn't necessarily include people who decided to download and install SteamOS on their own PCs (or all sales of Valve's $50 Steam Link streaming box), it probably serves as a good ceiling for the wider SteamOS market at this point.

So yeah... gj volvo.

KingKong

Something tells me the new Life is Strange devs game, the one without teenage girls, is not going to be as popular on neogaf

I'm not really surprised.
I honestly can't think of any reason why the average consumer would want to buy a Steam Machine, even if you were interested in SteamOS. For most people, a small-profile windows PC and BPM would probably be a better choice, simply due to the fact that Linux is not on parity with Windows when it comes to major releases. And the non-average consumers would probably just download and install SteamOS themselves, which doesn't lock you in to the rather limited selection of Steam Machines either.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's not surprising that Steam Machines failed to gain the attention of OEMs; Linux support is still some years away from being at a point where running a Linux system as your primary gaming platform is viable if your tastes extend beyond the scope of indie titles. But it also doesn't really matter that the idea was "dead on arrival" as it's not as though Valve spent years and millions in R&D. You can't liken the situation to, say, the Sega Saturn. It's a failed experiment at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom