• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgalat

Neo Member
Oh hey Humble Store has a Konami sale, let's see what they ha-
OM5iUzD.png

Zabko3c.gif

Do you believe MGS:V PP will go lower than it's current price on humble store in the Summer Sale?

Phinor

Linux support is still some years away from being at a point where running a Linux system as your primary gaming platform is viable if your tastes extend beyond the scope of indie titles.

I first heard that in the mid 90s when the computers at my school were running both Windows and Linux and Linus Torvalds was frequently in the news, being from my country and all. Linux was going to be everywhere with the only issue being no normal consumer wanted to use it (or was able to use it even). Year in, year out, Linux was going to be the gaming platform of the future. Big companies have come and gone, a single Valve could never be the difference maker, to suddenly ignite Linux gaming at a completely new scale. It's just not going happen unless something ridiculous happens like Microsoft shuts down Windows completely and Nvidia/AMD decide to no longer release Windows drivers.

But every tech company, like Valve, has people still willing to give it a shot so hope always remains. Maybe in the future, in just a few years...

Ludens

Banned
Out of curiosity, what's the best version of Myst available on Steam?

The last one, Real Myst Masterpiece Edition. The old RealMyst doesn't work on modern OS, and the first version, Myst, can be too outdated for some people to enjoy it.

Stump wrote about that once and I think there was none really good.

? RealMyst is very very good, it plays differently, but the Myst atmosphere is here. And I'm pretty critical about Myst, since it's probably my favourite adventure game franchise ever (I even spent 150 hours on Uru :D).

I first heard that in the mid 90s when the computers at my school were running both Windows and Linux and Linus Torvalds was frequently in the news, being from my country and all. Linux was going to be everywhere with the only issue being no normal consumer wanted to use it (or was able to use it even). Year in, year out, Linux was going to be the gaming platform of the future. Big companies have come and gone, a single Valve could never be the difference maker, to suddenly ignite Linux gaming at a completely new scale. It's just not going happen unless something ridiculous happens like Microsoft shuts down Windows completely and Nvidia/AMD decide to no longer release Windows drivers.

But every tech company, like Valve, has people still willing to give it a shot so hope always remains. Maybe in the future, in just a few years...

This year being the year of Desktop Linux has been a running joke in the OSS community since forever (people were already joking about it when I started using Linux around 2001), and I doubt that Gaming on Linux is going to be much different. That said, I do think that Valve has made a enormous difference in terms of gaming on Linux, and as a long-term Linux user I am quite grateful for that.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

If you happen to own Surgeon Simulator 2013, but not the Anniversary Edition, the upgrade DLC is on sale for $.59. They've recently added some compelling new content, as seen above. I personally found this to be the most classy and luxurious use of my card money, and those are some yuge savings.

Phinor

Ucchedavāda;205427911 said:
This year being the year of Desktop Linux has been a running joke in the OSS community since forever (people were already joking about it when I started using Linux around 2001), and I doubt that Gaming on Linux is going to be much different. That said, I do think that Valve has made a enormous difference in terms of gaming on Linux, and as a long-term Linux user I am quite grateful for that.

I was going to add that Linux gaming is moving forward, it's always in a better place than it was 5 years prior. Emulators are works of wonder these days, plenty of games every year have native Linux support etc. But as you said, it's also a bit of a joke. It's never going to amount to anything more than a little fraction in the big picture but again, it's better than it's ever been before.

Once a year I think about installing Linux again but I just never find enough reasons to do so even with all the crap Windows 10 brought to the table.

You're new to the Steam thread?

no, I understand why everyone shits on Valve for paid mods, not announcing games, VAC being outdated, Steam Greenlight, not rehauling Steam, etc.

but SteamOS and Steam Machines benefits consumers more than anything quit hashing Gaben's mellow

Grief.exe

I was going to add that Linux gaming is moving forward, it's always in a better place than it was 5 years prior. Emulators are works of wonder these days, plenty of games every year have native Linux support etc. But as you said, it's also a bit of a joke. It's never going to amount to anything more than a little fraction in the big picture but again, it's better than it's ever been before.

Once a year I think about installing Linux again but I just never find enough reasons to do so even with all the crap Windows 10 brought to the table.

Throw a distro you like on an old SSD and boot into it at the BIOS level.

rtcn63

no, I understand why everyone shits on Valve for paid mods, not announcing games, VAC being outdated, Steam Greenlight, not rehauling Steam, etc.

but SteamOS and Steam Machines benefits consumers more than anything quit hashing Gaben's mellow

People are more criticizing the execution and less the concept.

There are a lot of games in Steam that shouldn't even be called as games...

Which is super odd, because the requirements for even getting on Steam are pretty hefty. After the GL fee, you'd need to cough up a bunch of legal fees for a business license, then you need to navigate the ridiculous Steamworks system.

I mean, it's a fuckload of time, energy, and money for a joke.

I said I wouldn't yesterday, but I bought a Steam Controller today, I thought $35 (came to about $7 after a trade in) was a cheap enough price for it even if the new revision comes out soon, going to set it up now and try some stuff out.

Tizoc

Believe me when I say I'm getting Oneechanbara for the gameplay. If I cared one bit about the fanservice I'd have gotten Senran Kagura.
Which I didn't.

I rather dislike the main character's 'attire' looks friggin' stupid.

Longcoats are underrated....

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oneechanbara is severely overpriced if it doesn't include the DLCs.

The DLC has separate entries on the store so it seems it doesnt include the DLC unless Im missng something. Also the DLC is outfits so I dont really see much need for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom