• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do your elf eyes see?

WKRb.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
super old im sure but Steamworld Heist is out next week on the 7th. Might be a day 1 seeing how much I loved Dig (yes I know they are totally differrent games)

Wok

super old im sure but Steamworld Heist is out next week on the 7th. Might be a day 1 seeing how much I loved Dig (yes I know they are totally differrent games)

Unfortunately, not planned yet for Steam.

Things have changed. It used to be marked as TBA for PC.

OmqZnM1.png

The Hermit

even thouhg its out on the 3DS it will be much cheaper for Steam, especially in my country

MUnited83

For you.
It is still making a lot of assumptions, such as:
  • there is a significant overlap between people playing in Battle.net and Steam,
  • the variation of player numbers in game X is solely explained by the release of Overwatch,
  • among people playing the F2P game X, all the players are equally ready to pay for a game,
  • etc.
We can decide to believe the prediction should be trusted, but in reality, there is a priori no solid ground for this model, no possibility to refute the model, and there are a lot of implicit or hidden assumptions, and no possibility to question the assumptions.

I am not even insisting on the fact that the calculations are not made public, so for the layman, Steam Spy is pooling numbers out of a black box.

I mean, the first is pretty much a given. That the majority of battle.net users use steam too is pretty much a certainty.
The variation of the player numbers is vastly explained by Overwatch, yes. The big break in activity just as Overwatch got widely available isn't a coincidence.

He also clearly states that it's only a estimate, and it's based on game activity on Steam as a whole, not just CS GO/TF2.

I'd be surprised if CSGO and TF2 felt the effect for more than a week as they aren't as shallow as a puddle.
Overwatch and TF2 are about the same level of shallowness.

I've only seen one place mention that Onechanbara Z2 is going to be $39.99. No one else knows the price. Hope it isn't true. I mean, you can buy the PS4 version for $20 lol.

Tellaerin

When I saw Battle: Los Angeles I thought it would make a good video game.

Looks like I was wrong.

It didn't even make a good movie.

Geez @ people saying the steamspy guy shouldn't comply and some blaming him. What the fuck.

Gamers are a entitled bunch sometimes.

You're not wrong.

Though if it's true that this is connected with Paradox going public, I do think it's a little shady of them. It's like, "What are you trying to hide from investors, guys?"

Eila

Holy shit, I just had the craziest Rocket League match. We were losing 6-0 with still like 2 mins to go and I was trying to get my team to forfeit, but then we scored 4 in a row. In the end, they scored 2 more and the match ended 8-4, but it was still awesome. I ain't even mad.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Sad. Seems a consequence of them going public perhaps, which indeed would be a shame since they claim they wouldn't change any stances

Yeah this is very likely the cause. Worry that the stock will react to data when Paradox hasn't had a chance to spin it yet. Very disappointing for consumers who use the data to make informed decisions and the ecosystem as a whole that is SORELY in need of more pubically accessible data.

derExperte

Quick Look: Hitman: Episode 3: Marrakesh

Also by completing Hard Reset (good except the story and the weird robot enemies) and 12 is Better Than 6 (terrible framerate and the controls don't quite work no matter what you use and too much talking and suddenly it ends, it's no Hotline Miami or Westerado but still alright) I've reached 7500 achievements and 49% average. Go me, 50% are near.

MUnited83

For you.
Man, if someone told me a year ago that Tamsoft would have three games on Steam in the spawn of three months i would have called them crazy.

System Shock 2 works shockingly (get it...) well with the Steam Controller, first game of the handful I've tested today that really feels natural immediately.

Grief.exe

Odin Sphere looks great, good chance of it coming to PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgyBxKNdkfg

Random observation: These threads move a lot slower than they used to

The inherent culture change pushed a lot of people out. I specifically remember after the last summer sale we pulled in a good amount of new members who quickly said they felt uncomfortable and left.

Being in Community also slows down the acquisition of new members, but even then we would have attrition due to the culture.

System Shock 2 works shockingly (get it...) well with the Steam Controller, first game of the handful I've tested today that really feels natural immediately.

It's pretty much the exact situation it was designed for. As soon as I get a 4K TV I'll move over to the couch more often.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The inherent culture change pushed a lot of people out. I specifically remember after the last summer sale we pulled in a good amount of new members who quickly said they felt uncomfortable and left.

Being in Community also slows down the acquisition of new members, but even then we would have attrition due to the culture.

Good thing the new sale's coming soon so we can trick people into believing show people that we're all normal, helpful, rational people who like to talk about and play Steam games.

Lomax

Random observation: These threads move a lot slower than they used to

We're about back to where it was before that summer sale where everything exploded and modbot was released. That was around peak bundle, peak sale, peak Steam growth all around the same time. Once things moved to community it stabilized a lot. There's fewer giveaways, most huge game hype is cross platform, and sales are passe.

Endruen

Wow, how does that video have 730k views already? It's going to be huge among youtube/twitch kids, huh?

The game is banned from twitch, though.
Also, he's trying to do a serious game, but because of the popularity of the sandbox testing builds, I think the game is getting bad advertising...

neonglow

We're about back to where it was before that summer sale where everything exploded and modbot was released. That was around peak bundle, peak sale, peak Steam growth all around the same time. Once things moved to community it stabilized a lot. There's fewer giveaways, most huge game hype is cross platform, and sales are passe.

I feel the current giveaways are quite plentiful. There's lots of generous people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom