• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will consider bloody boobie zombie slayers when it is sub $5.

I am in Episode 3 of Tales from the Borderlands. It is decent so far. I figured I should play it now that the Battleborn nonsense has been dealt with and B3 moves closer.

The villian designs are nice. Sadly one of them had to go.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
EDIT everything has discount
68b1fe8a3a.png

Vazra

Did the reviews all miss something or is Onechanbara another case of Japan + titties = GAF goes YAY!?

The gameplay is good with shitty graphics. Also these days the pandering in videogames can get trashed. Also like a lot of action games unlocking abilities make things even better.

Vazra

Superfight beta keys. Lets flood this thread!
MWFAV-796E2-CJPKC
MWIDJ-PN2P9-2P9AY
MWJG0-BLDXD-GG7QK
MWKW9-C4XMQ-NL7GR

help I'm trapped below a deluge of Superfight beta keys
I will consider bloody boobie zombie slayers when it is sub $5.

I am in Episode 3 of Tales from the Borderlands. It is decent so far. I figured I should play it now that the Battleborn nonsense has been dealt with and B3 moves closer.

The villian designs are nice. Sadly one of them had to go.

But Tales From the Borderlands Ep 3 has the second best opening sequence.... how could it be merely decent?!

Vazra

i think i remember giantbomb or jim sterling or someone say one of those games was pretty decent?

not sure

The game is decent but its short. The replay value comes from doing missions and doing all upgrades but you know a 6 hour game will easily get frown upon and more when it visually looks like Onechanbara does.

Grief.exe

Odin Sphere was one of the most boring and repetitive games I have ever had the misfortune of playing and I don't believe the positive reviews it is getting for a second.

Todd comes back to the Steam thread to stomp on my dreams.

Check that video, they completely revamped the combat system and added some QOL changes.

zkylon

zkylewd
i liked mitsurugi himue kamui whatever a whole lot and that game is like pretty pandering but surprisingly deep

it's no bayonetta but it's enjoyable for more than just the pretty girls (which hilariously look like they have a higher polycount that all the rest of the game assets combined)

i also liked lollipop chainsaw even tho that shit had a ton of stupid fanservice, just cos that game was kind of actually funny

that doesn't mean onechabara is any good, but a game can look like absolute shit (like onechabara) and still be worth playing i guess

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is that our kurt russel in that highlight reel?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhaknar why don't I see you on American server anymore?

Because you need to tell me if you see me on (steam) and want to play, otherwise i'd rather play where the ping is 45 instead of 125 :3

The time difference to Americans is a pain, dunno about Taiwan tho

Edit: oops double post, thread is slower than im used to lately

But Tales From the Borderlands Ep 3 has the second best opening sequence.... how could it be merely decent?!

I guess I got desensitized from the hype it got around here when it was releasing. It is doing the humor well which can be such a difficult thing for video games. The facial expression timing is still a bit flaky like the other Telltale games.

Vasquez was my favorite char and now he is dead.

I guess I got desensitized from the hype it got around here when it was releasing. It is doing the humor well which can be such a difficult thing for video games. The facial expression timing is still a bit flaky like the other Telltale games.

Vasquez was my favorite char and now he is dead.

Re: those spoilers... yuck. But I guess someone had to like that fella.

But, yeah. It's TellTale's best game ever by a fair margin. Tales can be surprisingly humorous as well as touching--a testament to how good it is.
Dangerous Golf is out.

header.jpg

A bit hidden in the description:

NO KEYBOARD OR MOUSE SUPPORT IN THIS TITLE

RIP Dangerous Golf. De facto worst release of 2016.

zkylon

zkylewd
A PC title not supporting KB&M is downright unfathomable. It is a a categorical failure on the developer's part.

Like, how does that even happen. It's akin to releasing a game with this main menu:
ehhh i don't know about that

i think developers should try to give players as many options as possible but if a game doesn't work well with keyboard and mouse then it doesn't

nobody is gonna play dark souls with keyboard and mouse, it's fine that it's there but who cares, the game was designed that way and it makes sense and everyone has a controller hooked on their pc these days, it's just not something worth the developers' time if the game is designed in some other way

the disclaimer should be way bigger tho

ehhh i don't know about that

i think developers should try to give players as many options as possible but if a game doesn't work well with keyboard and mouse then it doesn't

nobody is gonna play dark souls with keyboard and mouse, it's fine that it's there but who cares, the game was designed that way and it makes sense and everyone has a controller hooked on their pc these days, it's just not something worth the developers' time if the game is designed in some other way

the disclaimer should be way bigger tho

Dark Souls supports KB&M, though. It's far and away the worst way to play, but they support it nontheless.

Brothers is the only game I can really give a pass to being controller-only--it justifies the restriction in-game as well as mechanically. I seriously doubt Dangerous Golf justifies it either way.

Superfight Beta TQZM2-I6I72-QFP86

You can create one for any game you'd like. You have full control over the icons, size, colors, placement, number of buttons, etc. It's really cool.

SS2 is a great place to start with the Steam Controller. It does a really good job of showing off the potential of the Touch Menu.

If anyone was waiting for a Steam Controller revision:
OK FINE! I'll get one.

derExperte

First elitists want more than 30fps, then 1080p isn't enough anymore and now you have to support kbm on PC in a golf game while the console versions are pad-only. Does their entitlement know no bounds?

L.O.R.D

It cots $48.66 to buy Onechanbara and all the DLC. Lmao
Yah,already bought SK,whichever they give us %20 discount instead of %10.but okay,at least it comes with all DLC ,buying all dlc in the Vita version will cost you same as the game itself.
well wait for humble bundle exeed next week or in the summer sale.
i am sur we will get another Japanese redux humble bundle.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dark Souls supports KB&M, though. It's far and away the worst way to play, but they support it nontheless.

Brothers is the only game I can really give a pass to being controller-only--it justifies the restriction in-game as well as mechanically. I seriously doubt Dangerous Golf justifies it either way.
some games just don't translate way to mouse and keyboard and brothers is a great example of that. i'm sure you could do a version of brothers that works with keyboard and mouse and i would totally would like for them to add one (since along with keybinds it can help ppl with disabilities to play the game), but by no means i think it's required

i wouldn't blame a game for not having keyboard and mouse controls tho, as long as it's very easy to find on the storepage (not the case with dangerous golf). you can choose not to buy it but it doesn't diminish the quality of the game

KingKong

Blood & Wine is so good. They still haven't been able to top the Baron storyline and I think Hearts of Stone had a better main quest, but the side quests are the best yet. And the environment is absolutely gorgeous

Lomax

Honestly, more PC games need to be marketed as controller only. It's stupid not to have one at this point, and if a game is designed for a controller, shoehorning in crappy kb/m controls just for the sake of it is a waste of development resources. I mean, maybe make menus work with the mouse, but beyond that use the best control scheme for the job.

KingKong

I used a controller for Dark Souls 3 but I beat Dark Souls 1 and 2 with keyboard (DS1 with the mouse fix) and it was just fine

I don't know why people think third person action games are so hard to play with mkb, unless its something combo heavy or has some weird control quirk it's perfectly fine

Made a Steam controller config for American Truck Simulator, fells nice to have it tuned exactly how I want it, if anyone wants to try it, it's just called American Truck Simulator by Refreshing 40oz. I got a dope touch menu setup with a bunch of useful short cuts and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom