• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
The cringe is real with the first Onechanbara review
7782de709d.png

Paying $30 to insult Sony fans? What a steal.

Ganado

Dark Souls supports KB&M, though. It's far and away the worst way to play, but they support it nontheless.

Brothers is the only game I can really give a pass to being controller-only--it justifies the restriction in-game as well as mechanically. I seriously doubt Dangerous Golf justifies it either way.
I think even Brothers supports KB+M, problem is key ghosting.

No KB+M is lazy when it is the standard input on PC.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
176 reviews and they're probably all as shitty as that one.

Such a waste.

From what I read looking quickly it seemed to be that and something about the framerate being 30fps (Which apparently you can switch to 60 from what one of the reviews went about it)

Overall seems a bit of an overreaction if the main issue is the mouse and keyboard complain. Hope the team still patches in some m+k support to ease things up even if it sucks.

From what I read looking quickly it seemed to be that and something about the framerate being 30fps (Which apparently you can switch to 60 from what one of the reviews went about it)

Overall seems a bit of an overreaction if the main issue is the mouse and keyboard complain. Hope the team still patches in some m+k support to ease things up even if it sucks.

Oh. I was talking about that "William Shakesman" dude. He's written nearly 200 reviews, and if they're half as garbage as that Onechanbara piece, then I don't know what to say.

iosefe

so they have a code gen.
YC2YR-8L4DH-M0NZR
YC4EF-0PF3W-D354C
YC7VM-EWEZ6-5MZXQ
YC8W2-HTFNQ-KRFD0

this game will be free then? do they have a countdown until no longer working?

Guys if I just threw up like a really lolly SECRET NEOGAF WEAPONS PACK or something on to the game, would you buy it for like $60?

Maybe I'll just paste JaseC on to all the characters.

bjaelke

More like 'you are legally obliged not to disclose them'
IPO changes things considerably here, I can't imagine it not being the same in Sweden.
Obviously related to the IPO but more about controlling information.
A quick point of clarification. ISFE is the official central source where publishers can share digital sales. As Steamspy numbers are often wrong we felt it would be better to to have "one correct source" if we were to share sales info at all.
Also - there's been a bit of "benign neglect" involved here. Information - especially sales numbers - is very valuable in this industry (any really). I'm very surprised more haven't pulled their numbers. The Kerbal guys don't report sales for instance. We weren't asked if we wanted our numbers to be shared. It just happened.

What do you feel PDX (or you personally as a PDX gamer) has to gain by our games sales being public?

I don't quite have an answer. But the numbers were off, we report correct numbers to a place where most other publisher also report numbers - so stopping incorrect numbers seemed like a good thing to do.

Jawmuncher

Onechanbara or Senran Kagura?
Help me decide.

Both games gameplay wise are good. But Senran Kagura has the stronger story. I mean they're both pretty dumb, but SK gives you way more motivation forward. Onechanbara outside a few scenes is basically just go to level and fight baddies with not much else to drive you unlike SK.

MUnited83

For you.
Did the reviews all miss something or is Onechanbara another case of Japan + titties = GAF goes YAY!?

The first, because the second case doesn't happen. Game is actually good fun.

OneChanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad , the previous game in the series, is absolutely terrible, it has Japan + titties but you won't see anyone here wanting a port of it or recommending it lol

zkylon

zkylewd
had a pretty nice zarya+junkrat combo today when i played with atraveller

for some reason i had a ton of trouble recording overwatch gameplay but trying over and over with different obs settings kind of made me appreciate just how beautiful overwatch is

it's so damn pretty, i love the very strong and bright colors

sadly couldn't get much of a good record and it ended up all choppy and with black bars and everything

idk what happened, i have no problem recording league

Honestly, more PC games need to be marketed as controller only. It's stupid not to have one at this point, and if a game is designed for a controller, shoehorning in crappy kb/m controls just for the sake of it is a waste of development resources. I mean, maybe make menus work with the mouse, but beyond that use the best control scheme for the job.
i mean, i don't think it's necessarily bad for games to support both options, often enough console games actually have surprisingly good mouse and keyboard controls (i think mgs5 is pretty decent all things considered), so i think just doing one is the solution either but i think actively hating on the game for that is probably not very productive since the game is providing a perfectly playable version of itself and both configurations on pc are incredibly common

like 10 years ago ok it's super rare to see a controller on pc, i remember being super pissed about alice having really bad m&k controls but today's a a very different world and i was probably overreacting back then also

Kaleinc

Banned
Honestly, more PC games need to be marketed as controller only. It's stupid not to have one at this point, and if a game is designed for a controller, shoehorning in crappy kb/m controls just for the sake of it is a waste of development resources. I mean, maybe make menus work with the mouse, but beyond that use the best control scheme for the job.
Primary input device for PC is m+kb and that should be the only mandatory supported method. Pads, wheels, sticks - are just a pleasant bonus and nothing else.
It's stupid not to have one at this point
No it isn't.

Arthea

"On Friday, June 3rd, the Suikoden Revival Movement will lead the charge on a 24-hour bombarding of Konami’s US, UK, and (most importantly) JP social media feeds with messages containing the #SuikodenOnSteam hashtag. As the hashtag suggests, our goal is to encourage Konami to give the Suikoden franchise new life on Steam, which will make it available to tens of thousands of potential new fans.

Tell your friends, tell your family. See you on June 3rd, campaigners!"

please, do your part, steamgaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom