• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

reminder for a new page
Suikoden on PC campaign

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225936

vote on gog
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/suikoden_and_suikoden_ii

pester Konami for steam versions
"On Friday, June 3rd, the Suikoden Revival Movement will lead the charge on a 24-hour bombarding of Konami’s US, UK, and (most importantly) JP social media feeds with messages containing the #SuikodenOnSteam hashtag. As the hashtag suggests, our goal is to encourage Konami to give the Suikoden franchise new life on Steam, which will make it available to tens of thousands of potential new fans.

Tell your friends, tell your family. See you on June 3rd, campaigners!"

sui_nknuis.jpg

JarrodL

tips and tricks for final boss in dark souls 2 pls. this bitch keeps cursing me non stop and draining my health
I just rolled away (her curse is location based), and waited for her to come to me.
Worked like a charm, and seemed especially easy after those hard as hell DLC area bosses.

MUnited83

For you.
Is it?

I'm confused. :eek:

Just be sure that you don't have the real game opened while you lock the achievement and you will be fine. VAC doesn't ban, and has never banned in it's entire lifetime, people for running something when not connected to a VAC server.

Tellaerin

I've already acknowledged that some control schemes are better than others but if a competent control scheme can be achieved with M+KB then I see no reason to want developers to completely drop M+KB support. It is the primary control method of the entire platform and you want devs to just give up on it because some might find other controls better? Since you bring up fighting games... many people will agree that fight sticks are better than analog controllers for that genre. Should devs give up controller support for those games because another arguably better control scheme exists? Or racing games with wheel support instead of controller support?

What's your definition of "competent control scheme"?

Playing a racing game with a gamepad isn't such a huge step down from a racing wheel that what was an enjoyable experience suddenly becomes a miserable one. Players aren't forced to grapple with controls that were clearly not meant for the functions they've been assigned. The same is true for gamepads vs. arcade sticks. In both those cases, trying to play with m/kb represents a marked step down from both specialized (wheels/sticks) and general-purpose controllers (gamepads) in those genres.

Honestly, I think people would be better off arguing for manufacturers to ship a gamepad with modern PCs, to accommodate console ports and titles that were designed around dual analog controls.

Pixieking

Banned
Just be sure that you don't have the real game opened while you lock the achievement and you will be fine. VAC doesn't ban, and has never banned in it's entire lifetime, people for running something when not connected to a VAC server.

Ah, cheers. :)

Well, locked the achievement, and it's not showing on the game achievement screen, but it is still showing on the Rarest Achievements showcase. Which is what I wanted it removed from.

Ah, well.

Late edit: It's refreshed andno longer showing on the showcase! Eeeexcellent.

Deques

kindly explain what milestone

edited:
unless you mean 1234, what is kinda weird for milestone, I must say

Yes, 1234. It's not weird to me. Just a "fun" number

Congrats! Next goal is "5678", so get to work! ; )

Train Simulator dlcs, here I come!
Never!

Damn. That's a lot of DLC compared to game count.

Sadly, it is a very high number of dlcs compared to number of games. It's almost a half dlc per game. I don't know what kind of shitty dlcs I bought

Another incoming milestone
7777 achievements
UDkkloW.png

derExperte

My face when I want to finally play some more Lyne but realize it doesn't support cloud saves and, even worse, stores progress in the Windows registry and I'd now need to do a first couple of set again.

edit: Oh thank god, there are cheat codes.

Deques

My face when I want to finally play some more Lyne but realize it doesn't support cloud saves and, even worse, stores progress in the Windows registry and I'd now need to do a first couple of set again.

edit: Oh thank god, there are cheat codes.

Maybe this will help, without use of cheat codes.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395245636

The guide has a save file with all levels unlocked, but there is a description on how to lock levels

Seeing as HB have been rebundling the past few weeks, it's going to be a great one:
all Winged Cloud games.

Rocket League among Sakura games? That's horrible

Ludens

Banned
Witcher 3 Exp is massive, I played 7 hours and I only did the two gwent quests, and some contracts when clearing interrogative marks on the map. I still need to touch side and main quests.

Javier23

Banned
After finally finding the time to play through Doom (one of the few copies JaseC gave away here) and making it halfway through it, I gotta say, I LOVE how wonderfully colorful it can be.

200_s.gif

I never complained much about it, but I'm so glad now that we finally left the age of brown games behind.

L.O.R.D

for people wondering between SK and Onechanbara, get SK

i played Onechanbara Z2 Chaos on my friend's PS4,it's not that good
it look like hack and slash,but the combat feel very slow,also when you hit enemies you feel like the sword is cutting throw them,you don't feel any forcing from them.
we played the first two mission and never opened that game again.

Onechanbara control feel like Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae,which i don't like it too.

What's your definition of "competent control scheme"?

It's easier to define what an incompetent control scheme is with some examples. The original Dead Space was a miserable experience with M+KB because of a very poor implementation by the developers (among other problems with the PC port). This is not an indictment of M+KB controls in third person shooters because there are many that get it right, including the sequel Dead Space 2 which handled wonderfully well once they got the implementation right. Or that lousy London 2012 Olympics game which had the hilariously bad keybindings where they just translated X, Y, A and B from the controller to their keyboard counterparts and made it virtually impossible to play with M+KB.

In essence, competent control scheme is when the developer does not fuck things up out of incompetence.

Playing a racing game with a gamepad isn't such a huge step down from a racing wheel that what was an enjoyable experience suddenly becomes a miserable one. Players aren't forced to grapple with controls that were clearly not meant for the functions they've been assigned. The same is true for gamepads vs. arcade sticks. In both those cases, trying to play with m/kb represents a marked step down from both specialized (wheels/sticks) and general-purpose controllers (gamepads) in those genres.

So you acknowledge that controllers are inferior to fight sticks and wheels but you want continued controller support because you feel it's good enough, and at the same time you actively want to deny that same opportunity to people who feel that M+KB is good enough because you don't feel the same way. Is that the gist of your argument?

And really, no one has come up with a list of genres where an M+KB "is miserable". Because yes, if even some people are able to play fighting games or racers with M+KB, they absolutely deserve to get their preferred controller scheme properly supported. On the platform that is all about providing choices and options to the players.

Also, you might not have seen my edit where I asked about first person shooters. Every PC gamer will agree that M+KB is an objectively superior control scheme for that genre of games with increased accuracy and responsiveness. So should controller support be dropped for shooters on PC because most people will acknowledge M+KB is better or is this one of those cases where the inferior control scheme should also be encouraged because reasons.

Wok

I bought Tabletop Simulator a week ago so probably that.

I have noticed a trend: games in Humble Monthly are often discounted one or two weeks after the bundle is released. So either Tabletop is going to be -66% or -75% in the next summer sales, or it won't be Tabletop.

It's easier to define what an incompetent control scheme is with some examples. The original Dead Space was a miserable experience with M+KB because of a very poor implementation by the developers (among other problems with the PC port). This is not an indictment of M+KB controls in third person shooters because there are many that get it right, including the sequel Dead Space 2 which handled wonderfully well once they got the implementation right. Or that lousy London 2012 Olympics game which had the hilariously bad keybindings where they just translated X, Y, A and B from the controller to their keyboard counterparts and made it virtually impossible to play with M+KB.

In essence, competent control scheme is when the developer does not fuck things up out of incompetence.

So you acknowledge that controllers are inferior to fight sticks and wheels but you want continued controller support because you feel it's good enough, and at the same time you actively want to deny that same opportunity to people who feel that M+KB is good enough because you don't feel the same way. Is that the gist of your argument?

And really, no one has come up with a list of genres where an M+KB "is miserable". Because yes, if even some people are able to play fighting games or racers with M+KB, they absolutely deserve to get their preferred controller scheme properly supported. On the platform that is all about providing choices and options to the players.

Also, you might not have seen my edit where I asked about first person shooters. Every PC gamer will agree that M+KB is an objectively superior control scheme for that genre of games with increased accuracy and responsiveness. So should controller support be dropped for shooters on PC because most people will acknowledge M+KB is better or is this one of those cases where the inferior control scheme should also be encouraged because reasons.
Controllers are way better than M+KB in some games and vice versa. Just deal with it.

derExperte

I bring you the good news of Hard Reset Redux's arrival.

I bring you the bad news of Hard Reset Redux being downgraded? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOHNo2sa9-Y

I have noticed a trend: games in Humble Monthly are often discounted one or two weeks after the bundle is released. So either Tabletop is going to be -66% or -75% in the next summer sales, or it won't be Tabletop.

I'm slightly confused by the timeline of those events.

Wok

I'm slightly confused by the timeline of those events.

Tabletop was -50% a few weeks ago. It does not mean that it will be in Humble Monthly.

However, whatever game that was not discounted so far and that will appear in Humble Monthly will most certainly be heavily discounted in summer sales.

It just happens the other way round: first HM, then other stores.

Phinor

how they calculate the value?
he has 6 games only.
by the times he have?

Items in Steam inventory. By items I mean items, not games. TF2 crap, CS:GO crap and so on. Those things have some real value and if you get VAC banned, you can no longer move them out of your inventory (iirc). That's why someone can "lose" $6k with a single ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom