• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Items in Steam inventory. By items I mean items, not games. TF2 crap, CS:GO crap and so on. Those things have some real value and if you get VAC banned, you can no longer move them out of your inventory (iirc). That's why someone can "lose" $6k with a single ban.

hmmmm

330x192

MLG Columbus 2016 Cobblestone Souvenir Package

"This item commemorates MLG Columbus 2016 CS:GO Championship.

It was dropped during the Group Stage match between Flipsid3 Tactics and mousesports, and autographed by Nikola Kovač who was the most valuable player in that round."
Starting at: $44.36

330x192

MLG Columbus 2016 Mirage Souvenir Package

It was dropped during the Quarterfinal match between Team Liquid and Counter Logic Gaming, and autographed by Spencer Martin who was the most valuable player in that round."
Starting at: $3.59

so,why some items are priced low and some high?
why it should matter if it was signed by someone? and how they sign it any why?

Controllers are way better than M+KB in some games and vice versa. Just deal with it.

Yes, I said as much in two of my posts. Maybe you read them?

What I cannot begin to understand is PC gamers clamoring for developers to drop M+KB support in games where a controller might be better. PC gaming is all about providing options, but not in this case apparently. And then on top of that you have a layer of hypocrisy when other control schemes are better than analog controllers but controller support should still never be dropped.

Controller support is sacrosanct, apparently, but M+KB support should not be. That, to me, is insanity.

The cases are named after CSGO maps, and have specfic drops inside them. The Cobblestone case has a chance to drop one of the rarest and easily the most expensive guns in the game (which was worth something like $1500 last time I checked). That's why the Cobblestone cases cost more.

As for signatures, people just like having a digital signature of their favorite players on their guns. Same concept as autographs. It's not a huge deal, but autographs of more famous/popular players will cost a bit more than normal ones.

Grief.exe

hmmmm

330x192

It was dropped during the Group Stage match between Flipsid3 Tactics and mousesports, and autographed by Nikola Kovač who was the most valuable player in that round."
Starting at: $44.36

330x192

It was dropped during the Quarterfinal match between Team Liquid and Counter Logic Gaming, and autographed by Spencer Martin who was the most valuable player in that round."
Starting at: $3.59

why it should matter if it was signed by someone? and how they sign it any why?

The Cobblestone pack has a chance to drop a Dragonlore AWP which has the chance to be worth thousands, while the other one contains drops that aren't worth very much.

I actually have one of those Cobblestone packs.

Kaleinc

Banned
What's your definition of "competent control scheme"?

Playing a racing game with a gamepad isn't such a huge step down from a racing wheel that what was an enjoyable experience suddenly becomes a miserable one. Players aren't forced to grapple with controls that were clearly not meant for the functions they've been assigned. The same is true for gamepads vs. arcade sticks. In both those cases, trying to play with m/kb represents a marked step down from both specialized (wheels/sticks) and general-purpose controllers (gamepads) in those genres.

Honestly, I think people would be better off arguing for manufacturers to ship a gamepad with modern PCs, to accommodate console ports and titles that were designed around dual analog controls.
I finished all races in Dirt 3 with gold on hard, almost all assists off, missed that miserable experience. Same regarding fighting games.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mivey

Controller support is sacrosanct, apparently, but M+KB support should not be. That, to me, is insanity.
Does the game not use a cursor to peruse the menus, and the ESC key for menus? I mean, I get that they think their game is some sort of special snowflake that can never be replicated with such crude things like a mouse and keyboard, but for certain things it is not just better, but it's actually more work to do everything with just a controller. Seems kinda silly.

Cth

I was planning on getting Dangerous Golf on console anyways :)

That being said, I wonder what happened. It's running on Unreal Engine 4 so it shouldn't be hard to implement per se.

Why would I want to use a mapping instead of binding directly to the key?

Using input mappings gives you the ability to map multiple keys to the same behavior with a single binding. It also makes remapping which keys are mapped to the behavior easy, both at a project level if you change your mind about default settings, and for a user in a key binding UI. Finally, using input mappings allows you to interpret input keys that aren’t an axis input (e.g. gamepad thumbstick axes which have a range of [-1,1]) as components of an axis (e.g. W/S for forward and back in typical FPS controls).

How big is the team behind the game? EDIT: Looks like under 10? And the game was recently delayed. I wonder what problems they ran into. Impressed they were able to launch on so many platforms at once and the graphic complexity, etc.. I would have delayed the PC launch personally.

Humble Monthly is coming! Not subbed because of Rocket League (no interest), but hope to pick up anything shiny that catches my eye.

I would've bought it if I didn't had Rocket League. Although, I'm ready to get in the BST thread to get the leftovers some people didn't want.

I don't think I'll be subbing to the Monthly this time around. I've noticed once Monthly Bundles have been announced, they usually start showing up again in other bundles weeks later.

Also there's the B/S/T thread.

Lomax

To be clear, I don't think controller support should be shoehorned in either. Civ doesn't need controller support, nor does Stellaris, nor do pc fps games for that matter. And I prefer games with drop in/out support of both, like Saints Row games do so well. But it's stupid to expect games that are essentially console ports to create half assed kb/m controls just out of some sense of obligation. PC gamers have the best selection of controllers available to them of any system. There's no reason not to have one. Ignoring that is almost as silly as when they were still putting games out on cdroms even when everyone had a DVD player.

I finished all races in Dirt 3 with gold on hard, almost all assists off, missed that miserable experience. Same regarding fighting games.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Playing fighting games on a keyboard is absolutely doable, assuming that you have a decent keyboard and use a sensible layout. It is not much different than using a dedicated Hitbox controller, which certainly is competitive at high levels.

Corpekata

Banned
I mean, the vehicles thing I kinda agree with, but that's probably not something in the realm of a fix as much as a "this aspect just isn't very good" type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom