• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLD

I dodged a bullet by skipping that bundle. There's nothing there for me.

Same here. I bought the last two solely for the early unlocks and ended up being disappointed overall. I already own Rocket League so I figured I'd skip this one. Was definitely the right call.

Good thing I didn't resubscribe.
I mean they are all probably (very) good games but outside of DotE, which I already own, and maybe Steredenn nothing really interests me in this monthly.

derExperte

Steredenn would've been the only interesting game for me there. Other than that Wasted in a bundle before release is noteworthy.

Popstar

Previous month was really good. I felt like I missed out and I didn't have Rocket League yet so I decided to subscribe for this month and not really feeling it. Already have DotE.

Hurtworld doesn't really interest me. Unsubscribe or give it one more month? hmm.

louiedog

I just fired up Wasted again and I forgot how good this intro is. Even if you're not going to play it yet, download and watch that.

cyba89

Yeah that's an overall underwhelming bundle for me. And next time there is another one of these Early Access survival games so I'm not resubscribing for that.

kagamin

Beat the first stage of Cat Girl Without Salad, the rhythm game powerup is my favorite, albeit hard to use effectively.

Corpekata

Banned
Is that bomb talking game strictly a online game?

No, in fact it's not really even an online game. What you do is either print out the manual or have someone using the manual website. It's only "online" in the sense that people play it over Skype and whatnot, the non-bomb defusers aren't in the game and don't even have to own it.

Pretty disappointed that 3 of the games aren't even Steam games. Chances are I'll never install them.

Edit: I guess 2 aren't. Theres a DRM free version of the same game.

Sarcasm

No, in fact it's not really even an online game. What you do is either print out the manual or have someone using the manual website. It's only "online" in the sense that people play it over Skype and whatnot, the non-bomb defusers aren't in the game and don't even have to own it.

AH YES!

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes can be a local co-op game. I think they have a printable manual or something that the other person would use. It's a really cool concept for a game.

All you really need for online co-op is a person with the manual and the ability to talk to them.
It's easier to define what an incompetent control scheme is with some examples. The original Dead Space was a miserable experience with M+KB because of a very poor implementation by the developers (among other problems with the PC port). This is not an indictment of M+KB controls in third person shooters because there are many that get it right, including the sequel Dead Space 2 which handled wonderfully well once they got the implementation right. Or that lousy London 2012 Olympics game which had the hilariously bad keybindings where they just translated X, Y, A and B from the controller to their keyboard counterparts and made it virtually impossible to play with M+KB.

In essence, competent control scheme is when the developer does not fuck things up out of incompetence.

Oh, geez, Dead Space 1. That is the only game where I've used my mouse's 400% sensitivity setting--the only way I could get the controls to be anything more than pure molasses. It's an OK game, but without that ability it'd be completely unplayable... I don't know how other people did it.

On the bright side, it was more fun than Dead Space 3. Somehow.
Witcher 3 Exp is massive, I played 7 hours and I only did the two gwent quests, and some contracts when clearing interrogative marks on the map. I still need to touch side and main quests.

I'd believe it. I'm only in Heart of Stone right now, but man does it put other DLCs to shame. Most DLCs would be satisifed with one of Heart of Stone's sidequest--not CD Projekt, though; they expertly inserted additional content into their huge world in a way that makes sense and is a whooole lot of fun, too. The new stuff itself is on the level of other Witcher 3 quests--filled with dialog and things to do.

The more I've played it, the more I froth at the mouth in anticipation of Blood & Wine.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'll take a look at ModBot, sorry. Was a long day for me yesterday.

Regret not jumping on Humble Monthly because I'd love to pick up Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, but makes no sense to regret not winning on a gamble if you're not also considering the very real possibility you would have lost.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't know why anyone would think it therapeutic to use vr for phobia desensitization

like, it's a controlled environment which is great but it's also a really awful situation of lack of spatial awareness and as someone with that exact phobia i never feel comfortable in a situation in which i don't have the awareness of the real world for fear of someone actually taking advantage

like when i was a kid i had other kids do the whole "got a surprise for you, close your eyes" thing and then massive toy spider on my leg or my hair or something, to the point that today i have a lot of trouble trusting people like that, let alone a computer program that some stranger made that who knows if it can glitch out and warp me just right to the spider or whatever

so yeah, fuck that shit, if u want to heal your phobias just fucking go to therapy

mp1990

Banned
That bundle is a disappointment, not gonna lie. Have been a subscriber since April and HM hasn't failed me not even once ever since, but ugh this one just hasn't anything for me.

Give some good news at least, does the Planetary Annihilation expac comes with the base game?

Corpekata

Banned
That bundle is a disappointment, not gonna lie. Have been a subscriber since April and H' hasn't failed me not even once ever since, but ugh this one just hasn't anything for me.

Give some good news at least, does the Planetary Annihilation expac comes with the base game?

Yeah, but it's probably the worst game in the bundle.

madjoki

That bundle is a disappointment, not gonna lie. Have been a subscriber since April and H' hasn't failed me not even once ever since, but ugh this one just hasn't anything for me.

It's standalone expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom