• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon of the Endless -- MB-F6E0414861494F90 - Taken by PaulSane. 29 entrants total.

t1464986434z1.png

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes -- MB-ADD53985B7BAEFE9 - Taken by septicore. 15 entrants total.
This one is at its best when playing with others.
Dungeon of the Endless -- MB-EDA502062F51A2DF - Taken by freshVeggie. 7 entrants total.
This game is a really great mix of tower defense and rogue-lite mechanics, highly recommend it.
Planetary Annihilation TITANS -- MB-2884E8DFB993D3FB - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
Humble Monthly was obviously a mistake, clearly nothing but trash.

t1464976535z1.png

I'll take a look at ModBot, sorry. Was a long day for me yesterday.

Regret not jumping on Humble Monthly because I'd love to pick up Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, but makes no sense to regret not winning on a gamble if you're not also considering the very real possibility you would have lost.

I don't need my copy of Keep talking so you can have it.
Steam or Oculus?

def sim

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for def ault:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Read Only Memories -- MB-D2508BC1D8F91087 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-C16D4BC10CD09A24 - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.

t1464976468z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't need my copy of Keep talking so you can have it.
Steam or Oculus?

Wow, really?! Thank you. That's very generous. I hope you're offering this because you already own it, you really don't need to. I'd prefer Steam. I've been holding off on buying it honestly because I've been trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to play it in my house. I appreciate it.

Doomedfool

Still worth the price for the monthly for me, but I am a little disappointed. This is my fourth month (i think) and the first time I wasn't really happy when I saw the game list.

Hurtworld -The game that they are using to help entice people for next month is something I am not interested in at all, so not sure I will gamble on it.

Wow, really?! Thank you. That's very generous. I hope you're offering this because you already own it, you really don't need to. I'd prefer Steam. I've been holding off on buying it honestly because I've been trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to play it in my house. I appreciate it.

Check PM.
I already played it and it was fun but i'm probably never going to host it myself so i don't really need the key.

bloke

I forgot about this crap
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink -- MB-1AB181B3CB0DE826 - Taken by Asiratlan
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-FF16B58674C69AEC - Taken by Kuroyume
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones -- MB-012D15D533378814 - Taken by madjoki
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-E65A1AFD20296C53 - Taken by dave is ok
Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered -- MB-FD673F3315513C96 - Taken by longlivegaming

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Where all the Dangerous Golf impressions at?

No M&KB support is unfortunate but a lot of us have controllers.

Anyone get it?

chronomac

If nothing else, Dangerous Golf looks destined for a Humble Monthly by the end of the year.

I do hope it's good, though. I don't mind using my controller. In fact, it's how I was going to play it anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
horrible humble monthly for me, oh well

Kuroyume

Banned
Humble Monthly Subscription went live.

• Rocket League
  • The Forest
  • Planetary Annihilation TITANS
  • Dungeon of the Endless - Crystal Pack
  • Steredenn
  • Wasted
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

Wasted, Dungeon of the Endless, and Steredenn were all on my wishlist so that's awesome. And, I always had my eye on The Forest.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes looks really cool. Third month in a row with the monthly and I'm impressed for a third straight time.

Hope we can see Super Mega Baseball, Big Pharma, BloodLust Shadowhunter, Paint the town in red, and Sketch Tales in there one day.

Speaking of the monthly bundles. I've been a subscriber since day 1 and if it wasn't for Rocket League i probably would have regretted getting this bundle. I'll probably stop the subscription if they keep offering survival games that are never going to leave Early Access as i have no interest in those games.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Remind me whats so good about dungeon of endless?

It's a rogue-lite game that's a mix between a strategy game and a tower-defense game. It's really addicting, and it's one of those games that receives a lot of post-release support in the form of free and paid expansions. The different ships and characters all offer different bonuses and penalties, leading to tons of variety.

Amzin

i don't know why anyone would think it therapeutic to use vr for phobia desensitization

like, it's a controlled environment which is great but it's also a really awful situation of lack of spatial awareness and as someone with that exact phobia i never feel comfortable in a situation in which i don't have the awareness of the real world for fear of someone actually taking advantage

like when i was a kid i had other kids do the whole "got a surprise for you, close your eyes" thing and then massive toy spider on my leg or my hair or something, to the point that today i have a lot of trouble trusting people like that, let alone a computer program that some stranger made that who knows if it can glitch out and warp me just right to the spider or whatever

so yeah, fuck that shit, if u want to heal your phobias just fucking go to therapy

I could see it being really useful for some people. I used to be pretty phobic of spiders and basically all insects, and decided that was lame because they're everywhere, so I took an entomology class in college to force myself to learn about them and get desensitized. It helped a LOT and now I'm one of the people that knows which bugs are pests and which you should let be :p I even subscribe to the whatisthisbug subreddit and look up new spiders I see to ID them.

Obviously one approach is not going to work for everybody. But I bet I would have enjoyed the VR approach quite a bit as a follow up to that class.

Regarding the monthly bundle, I'm pretty happy with it. Didn't have any of the games, and Rocket League, Keep Talking, Steredenn all were on my wishlist and worth the cost themselves. I have DotE (which I like). I'm pretty sure I'm not interested in the Forest of Planetary Annihilation but I will look into them and at worst they're giveaways or B/S/T keys and the bundle was worth it without them :p

Adry9

$10.80 for Rocket League was already worth it but I'm a bit disappointed after seeing how good the previous bundles were.

shockdude

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes has intrigued me for months now, getting it as part of Humble Monthly is awesome. And yeah Rocket League is fun. Good stuff.

Given recent and near recent ModBot stuff I am just re-posting this on a 24 hour raffle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for uncredited male:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-5A5485C8DC8D7BEE

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1465065584z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I could see it being really useful for some people. I used to be pretty phobic of spiders and basically all insects, and decided that was lame because they're everywhere, so I took an entomology class in college to force myself to learn about them and get desensitized. It helped a LOT and now I'm one of the people that knows which bugs are pests and which you should let be :p I even subscribe to the whatisthisbug subreddit and look up new spiders I see to ID them.

Obviously one approach is not going to work for everybody. But I bet I would have enjoyed the VR approach quite a bit as a follow up to that class.
i think doing a vr thing is probably like step number 7000 if you have like actual phobia

the phobia stuff kind of sucks cos it's not something that's super easy to relate to cos ppl tell you like "yea i'm scared of spiders too" but they don't really mean the same thing as you do and so a solution for a person like that probably looks nothing like a solution for someone like me

but i think the anxiety that would come from "hey put on this hat and get into this spider experience" is kind of nerve wracking to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom