• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE WILL BE DELIVERING ALL THE GAMES YOU ASKED FOR, ON PC FOR THE FIRST TIME!

MAKE YOURSELF READY AND BE EXCITED, ON THE 1ST OF JULY YOU WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO PLAY....

SONIC BOOM REMASTERED WITH PLAYABLE "EDGY" SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG ON STEAM!

FTFY

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sega will present some Total War or Company of Heroes or whatever stuff. They're not going to announce a console-first Sonic game or whatever at a PC Gamer show.

For future reference, what is the solution to this stupid loop?

I rebooted my phone and it worked this time. You can also do a forgot my password reset. Not super ideal :/

PaulSane

I would say message the person doing the raffle...but it was anonymous so I dunno the procedure on that

Yeah, i figured there is nothing that can be done in this situation. I was actually interested in that game, too - i'm not a collector, so i'm not entering any giveaways of games i'm not interested in.
Oh well, you can't lose what you didn't have in the first place, so all is good :)

rtcn63

WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE WILL BE DELIVERING ALL THE GAMES YOU ASKED FOR, ON PC FOR THE FIRST TIME!

MAKE YOURSELF READY AND BE EXCITED, ON THE 1ST OF JULY YOU WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO PLAY....

SONIC BOOM ON STEAM!

STEAM | July 2016 - Boom goes the dynamite

data

I had no idea that at all that wasted was a FPS roguelike. This is pretty cool. Kinda reminds me of a cartoonish Fallout.

r3n4ud

Yeah, i figured there is nothing that can be done in this situation. I was actually interested in that game, too - i'm not a collector, so i'm not entering any giveaways of games i'm not interested in.
Oh well, you can't lose what you didn't have in the first place, so all is good :)
Check pm duder

Corpekata

Banned
My guesses for the show:

Killing Floor 2 official release date, plus more on whatever that other shooter series Tripwire makes.
Relic shows Dawn of War 3, duh.
MS announces / confirms a few versions like they did last year. Probably Gears 4, maybe some Halo Wars 2 footage. This is happening like 2 hours after the MS show so I can see them using it to get some extra footage out that wouldn't fit their main show.
Sega announces a random port, something semi-noteworthy this time
Square Enix shows Deus Ex and nothing else since the Sony show is after the PC one and they'd be saving stuff, even if it's on PC, for there.
Digital Extremes - Feels like Warframe is too old for them to be showing anything related to that unless it's a major expansion. Maybe sequel or new game.
Other Ocean - They're there for Giant Cop witch is their VR game
New World - Insurgency 2 maybe? Feels late in the game to be there for the first one.
Boss Key - Lawbreakers footage
Nexon - some MMO I haven't paid attention to.
Borealys - Mages of Mystralia
Square Enix Collective - Could be a ton of stuff. Can maybe see footage of Fear Effect, or perhaps another "using Square IP" kickstarter announced at the show
Paradox - Obsidian game in some form, not sure what's on their horizon with HoV IV and Stellaris being out. MAYBE HOV IV since it'd be so close
Studio Wildcard - ARK stuff
Taleworlds - Mount and Blade 2.
Bohemia- Arma and Dayz stuff
NovaQuark - Dual Universe, I guess.
Razer - some gaudy bauble
Torn Banner - Arcane Warfare footage.

Knurek

I can't believe we have Origin and Uplay community threads here, and yet there isn't 'Fuck Cancer' community thread.
Seriously, fuck cancer

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

This happens occasionally. It sucks. What game did you enter for? If someone has a spare key they might be able to help you out. Edit: r3n4ud may have already done this hahah.

Wok

I was checking the discussions on the Steam forum of Age of Barbarian, when suddenly, I found a thread with the exact wordings that I have been using for indie games coming to Steam.

I am an unknown inspiraton of Steam thread titles.

I can't believe we have Origin and Uplay community threads here, and yet there isn't 'Fuck Cancer' community thread.
Seriously, fuck cancer

Total Biscuit :(

We even have a mental illness community thread that I frequent all the time. (and about to hit OT2 soon)

Vuze

Nzyme32

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6890/

Mafia II Betrayal of Jimmy. store page isn't there , but purchasing works.

Wow - that worked. I just purchased all the DLC I missed and it is definitely not on the Store page.

Is this the one that is meant to be region restricted?

Worked for me, thanks a ton. I wasn't going to bother jump through hoops to get it and this was perfect.

The very same. Love Mafia 1 and 2 so much, so really glad I could get it - particularly since this is meant to be the better dlc anyway

PaulSane

This happens occasionally. It sucks. What game did you enter for? If someone has a spare key they might be able to help you out. Edit: r3n4ud may have already done this hahah.

Indeed that's the case :) I knew i was right to have NeoGAF as my gaming forum of choice, community here is just too nice.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SoulCaster I & II -- MB-37A326CFE0B3CB15 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Shade was nice enough to gift me a key for this and then I got a spare one from a bundle. It's a cool little top down indie gauntlet-ish action game that made its debut on XBLIG. Really cool, recommend it.
80 Days -- MB-D6256C83830CEFCD - Taken by bloke. 7 entrants total.
Strong candidate for game of the year last year and one of my favourite graphical text adventures. Very replayable. Inkle, the company who made this, are great people.
Her Story -- MB-E0015700D6826057 - Taken by jgalat. 1 entrants total.
I really enjoyed this game. I played it in bed with my wife, and coming up with ideas of new leads to pursue and trying to piece everything together was truly satisfying
Broken Age -- MB-84029BC486088CF9 - Taken by Vazduh. 6 entrants total.
The game that really kicked the Kickstarter revolution into high gear and Tim Schafer was a nice guy when I met him.
Read Only Memories -- MB-B1877936BF87FAC2 - Taken by shervinrs. 1 entrants total.

t1464991551z1.png

Tizoc

i wouldn't get your hopes up. It will just lead to disappointment especially when it comes to sega and pc gaming..

You're right; V. Chronicles on Steam was a disappointment.
Releasing House of the Dead Overkill+Typing of the Dead Overkill was a disappointment.
Adding mod support to their SEGA Classics line on Steam was a major failure.

hesho

You're right; V. Chronicles on Steam was a disappointment.
Releasing House of the Dead Overkill+Typing of the Dead Overkill was a disappointment.
Adding mod support to their SEGA Classics line on Steam was a major failure.

and what was that release window? Valkyria chronicles is by far the best game they released on steam i think and since then, they have released what on steam? Its been almost 2 years now too. How many games has idea factory international released on steam in that time period?

Saty

Dunno why the PC Gamer E3 show doesn't have more indie games. Drop the sit-down chats and just blast footage after footage after footage of the many games there are.

r3n4ud

Dunno why the PC Gamer E3 show doesn't have more indie games. Drop the sit-down chats and just blast footage after footage after footage of the many games there are.
Totally agree. Soooo many indies coming that it's a shame they won't get shown.

kevin1025

Banned
Sega being on the PC show list might be Halo Wars 2, since they own Creative Assembly. I don't know the deal between Microsoft and Sega, though, maybe it's not that.

Thats what I actually want. That Yakuza guy was talking a few days ago how to broaden the appeal to the west with Yakuza.

While I think it wouldnt sell that good, I think it could sell as well as the console versions on Steam.

Yeah Steam seems like the perfect place to reach a broader western audience, I hope it's just a matter of time.

Tellaerin

Ridge Racer Unbounded.

The only game where I can pause to go AFK for half an hour, and come back to find that the game has crashed to desktop while paused.

It doesn't crash while I'm playing it, but it'll crash while paused? I don't get it. o_O

Ozium

Deleting good games? That's weird.

deleting games is a sickness.. they act like they are righteous for 'getting rid of trash' from their library but then it extends to good games also

it starts out from a desire to negate +1s and only leads to the desire to push for -1s

derExperte

You can ask to put it back in your account can't you?

Unfortunately yes, while -1'ing cleanses your soul and gives rest for a moment there always remains a lingering feeling that the evil will never be completely expelled. It lurks on Valve's servers forever and ever, ready to be brought back into this world.

deleting games is a sickness.. they act like they are righteous for 'getting rid of trash' from their library but then it extends to good games also

it starts out from a desire to negate +1s and only leads to the desire to push for -1s

When there aren't any bad games to vanquish we move on to the mediocre ones, then the good, then the very good, then the classics until only Goat Sim remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom