• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

The past few weeks I've tuned in for the superhero shows night on friday, which consists of Flash S2 > Arrow S4 > Constantine.

It's a bit of a rollercoaster. You start with something good (the writing for the interactions between the characters in Flash feels really enjoyable, making the show entertaining to watch, though the CG is so obvious in some scenes it hurts), then you hit the pits (Arrow has to be one of the worst shows of its kind) and then you go back to the station (Constantine is not bad, though it's not as entertaining as Supernatural... it feels somewhat safe).
Given the mediocrity of Arrow, I'm surprised they have 4 seasons of it with a 5th planned while Constantine got canned without a proper ending.
When are they going to do a show about Lobo?

Oh yeah, to keep the post related to Steam, did anyone pick up Sudoku Quest?

Anteater

I don't think I like Beyond Good and Evil so far, the camera is kind of poopy, and not like the other parts of the game are really that fun

Is this new? PC Gaming show "presenters". Nothing too exciting, other than maybe Sega / Square

ZvnHyEz.png

SE probably showing deus ex again, they showed that in some pc gaming show last year right?

hohoXD123

I don't think I like Beyond Good and Evil so far, the camera is kind of poopy, and not like the other parts of the game are really that fun

SE probably showing deus ex again, they showed that in some pc gaming show last year right?

Or maybe they will finally reveal FFXII HD? Been waiting ages for it

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just played Elansar. It's a short (20-30 minute) point-and-click adventure game in the style of Myst--a series of backgound images strung together as you click to move around. The plot is that you are a guy who goes to an island to investigate a scientist who was researching the secret to eternal life. It's entirely made by one person circa 1997. It released for the Jaguar CD, PS1, Dreamcast, and then PC. It's kinda rough around the edges looking like a lot of mid-late 90s 3D, and it's frustratingly long despite being so short, since most of the time you're just hunting for the dongle to use with the whatsit. There are very few puzzles to speak of. It ends with you discovering, within a few minutes: 1) The scientist got sick on the island and he put his sick wife in a suspended animation tank then left. 2) You find the wife and wake her up. 3) You are the scientist but you don't remember. 4) Then a guy made of stone in a druid's robe shows up and tells you "Oh also your wife can't leave the island or she'll die and you have to leave the island or you'll die". The End...

The developer pulled it from Steam because the reviews were bad. Also the text feels a bit ESL-y, confirmed by the fact that the developer is french.

I don't regret playing it, because I love this genre and it's cool that one guy made it and ported it to all these different platforms. I don't know what else to say, it's not especially good but I'm scared to say something bad because the developer is pretty thin skinned. I hope he's happy with the project because I know what it's like to work on something for a long time.

Tripolygon

Banned
Hellblade got a second dev diary video. This time on the actual combat.
Reminds me of the mobile game Infinity Blade. The video actually made me less interested in the game than the first one.
I don't understand the hate for this game, looks pretty cool. The combat is not very different from some 3rd person action adventure games that use swords.

Edit: Credit to PaulloDEC

I don't see the resemblance to Infinity Blade, i've played a lot of Infinity Blade.

fallout

My computer was disconnected from the network when I fired it up, so naturally Steam fails to connect. For shits and giggles, I try the "Retry Connection" option once I had a network connection and it actually fucking worked. Mind you, it's been awhile since I've tried, but I'm honestly really surprised.

Sarcasm

Was wondering if anybody in the states would trade Mafia II betrayal of jimmy DLC for one of the past humble monthly key. I know there is a thread for BST but I made a post in it and its buried, but can't repost til a certain amount. Also think it get more exposure here anyways.

mp1990

Banned
30 minutes until Copa América. Anyone watching?

I was dead sure that Copa América had already happened last year, lol. My country is playing tomorrow so I might watch it for awhile, even though I lack any faith in Brazil's team, football has been depressing more often than not in the past few years.

30 minutes until Copa América. Anyone watching?

I will check the score but I don't have a great feeling about the US doing well in this game.

EDIT - I think Mexico v Uruguay will be the highlight of the group stages.

If you have gotten to they city and still feel the same way you can probably drop it. We will think less of you though.

derExperte

I was dead sure that Copa América had already happened last year, lol. My country is playing tomorrow so I might watch it for awhile, even though I lack any faith in Brazil's team, football has been depressing more often than not in the past few years.

You are correct. But it's the 100th anniversary.

Salsa

im still bothered that we have a stadium in Uruguay literally called the ESTADIO CENTENARIO and they still named the cup that without playing here

I just watched the trailer for Rock of Ages 2 and I got surprised, I didn't expected it to get a sequel I hope it sells well because the first game was fun. ACE team always seems to have some great concepts for their games.

It happened last year. Chile won it iirc.

Ozium

I just played Elansar. It's a short (20-30 minute) point-and-click adventure game in the style of Myst--a series of backgound images strung together as you click to move around. The plot is that you are a guy who goes to an island to investigate a scientist who was researching the secret to eternal life. It's entirely made by one person circa 1997. It released for the Jaguar CD, PS1, Dreamcast, and then PC. It's kinda rough around the edges looking like a lot of mid-late 90s 3D, and it's frustratingly long despite being so short, since most of the time you're just hunting for the dongle to use with the whatsit. There are very few puzzles to speak of. It ends with you discovering, within a few minutes: 1) The scientist got sick on the island and he put his sick wife in a suspended animation tank then left. 2) You find the wife and wake her up. 3) You are the scientist but you don't remember. 4) Then a guy made of stone in a druid's robe shows up and tells you "Oh also your wife can't leave the island or she'll die and you have to leave the island or you'll die". The End...

The developer pulled it from Steam because the reviews were bad. Also the text feels a bit ESL-y, confirmed by the fact that the developer is french.

I don't regret playing it, because I love this genre and it's cool that one guy made it and ported it to all these different platforms. I don't know what else to say, it's not especially good but I'm scared to say something bad because the developer is pretty thin skinned. I hope he's happy with the project because I know what it's like to work on something for a long time.

I hope you have the sequel in your library, that was pulled too!

Eila

I will check the score but I don't have a great feeling about the US doing well in this game.

EDIT - I think Mexico v Uruguay will be the highlight of the group stages.

If you have gotten to they city and still feel the same way you can probably drop it. We will think less of you though.

I think Mexico - Uruguay will be a shitfest. Uruguay under Tabarez is not a very enjoyable team to watch, IMO.
I think Colombia will go all in on the US. Should be a fun match to watch.

Anteater

yeah I've already been to the city and I'm at some factory place sneaking around with a crappy camera (I don't know if it's the 16:9 patch messing it up though, but it's pretty poop)

yeah I've already been to the city and I'm at some factory place sneaking around with a crappy camera (I don't know if it's the 16:9 patch messing it up though, but it's pretty poop)

The camera is not great. It might be better in the remaster which Ubi decided was too good for PC.

I think Mexico - Uruguay will be a shitfest. Uruguay under Tabarez is not a very enjoyable team to watch, IMO.
I think Colombia will go all in on the US. Should be a fun match to watch.

Oh, I don't expect free-flowing soccer. But I think the intensity will make up for it.

That and watching the voluminous amount of shit that will be thrown on the field if Uruguay are winning.

EDIT - DP sorry.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Don't get why someone would pull the game just because of reviews, does it cost money to keep a game on steam? These are the kind of oddities I like to own regardless if they are good or not..
It's tough creating something that others crap on. Maybe that's why the dev pulled it.

tmarg

BG&E is another one of those games where everything is great except for the part where you actually play it.

Lots of charm, good characters and story, fairly sub-par gameplay. At a certain point it turns into this stealth action thing where you just sneak up on guys and kick them in the back over and over.

I think it's worth seeing through, but gameplay wise it's never going to get great, and I think different people have different degrees of tolerance for that sort of thing.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
BG&E is another one of those games where everything is great except for the part where you actually play it.

Lots of charm, good characters and story, fairly sub-par gameplay. At a certain point it turns into this stealth action thing where you just sneak up on guys and kick them in the back over and over.

I think it's worth seeing through, but gameplay wise it's never going to get great, and I think different people have different degrees of tolerance for that sort of thing.
The text entry input is kind of awesome.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's tough creating something that others crap on. Maybe that's why the dev pulled it.

While true, the actual scenario is that the dev welshed on honouring bundle keys for a long time, then begrudgingly put it out, then when people left negative reviews, went nuclear. He pulled it after he got his 6th negative review. So I would say, yielding totally that it's tough getting something you worked hard on criticized, there's also a degree to which his actions made it worse on him.

Mivey

I would vote The Witcher 3 GOTY the second time if I could.
It's the GOTY Neogaf deserves, but not the one that got robbed.
(No really, no one without a huge insecurity complex would vote an action spin-off of Dark Souls over Geralt. Maybe by the time Witcher 4 arrives, NeoGAF will be all grown up. )

Played some Wasted earlier it seems alright. Its basically the vault/dungeon part of Fallout 4 with rouge-like randomization as far as I can tell.

Xanathus

I have the worst luck when it comes to Avalanche and their patches. I just put in 17 hrs of Just Cause 3 (not sure why), and their new patch just introduced a bunch of stuttering for me. I knew I should have just focused on the main missions. This is not going to be fun.

Edit: It seems like they reintroduced the Controller + Mouse stuttering glitch. The game stutters when you switch between the two.
Oh that explains why I was getting a game crash dialogue at the start although it wasn't actually crashing. Still finished it and uninstalled it already though, the DLCs look boring and not worth playing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom