• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
Kinda tempted to buy Mafia 2 and play through it again, but I really wish there was an (official) way of grabbing the first game, I have some hazy memories of playing it when I was younger, but seems like somethind I'd really enjoy. Has anyone played it recently? How does it hold up?

Ozium

not sure how hashtag dungeon works, I see each room created by a tweet, but like, there is an option to create dungeons? But I thought it was generated from twitter so I could like put in a,,

I dont get it..

How do I play in dungeons randomly generated from Kanye's twitter?

Why the fuck is Mafia II's DLC everywhere? And for a game that came out when digital marketplaces became commonplace. I'm not going to take 2K's shit if I have to jump through hoops to buy their product.

Neospartan

Neo Member
Of all places, I expected SteamGAF fo talk about football the least.
On that note, what happened to USA? They were dominated by Colombia.

Of all places, I expected SteamGAF fo talk about football the least.
On that note, what happened to USA? They were dominated by Colombia.

Colombia is like the top 3 teams in the continent right now. And it looks like they're not that fired up anyway. It could've been 4-0.

yuraya

Just to suffer

Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow mirrors edge 2 looked pretty rough on the giantbomb quicklook

i feel like alex wasn't demoing it in the most flattering way, but that's a bummer if it turns out bad

mirrors edge 1 was not something i liked a lot but i guess the idea had some promise

Phawx

Well that was fun. Managed to hunt down Elansar and Philia: The Sequel To Elansar steam keys and added them to my account.

Can't believe that was one of the groupees bundles I didn't get.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-5A5485C8DC8D7BEE

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1465065584z1.png

Sch1sm

You can ask to put it back in your account can't you?

I recently realised that while we can't see them on our Steam directly, we can see them elsewhere. For example, I use Steam Completionist to deal with my backlog in all its glory, and I noticed games I deleted while going through most recently. It all started when I saw The Detail - then I knew. It's never gone. It's always there in some form, somewhere, never totally hidden. I had to blacklist them all just to sort my completion counts, which isn't terrible since my game count isn't ridiculous, sitting at around 270 after the removals, still under 300 with.

Least now I know what the games are that I deleted, so if I ever change my mind for some crazy reason I can contact support and have the titles reappear. Hell, may as well and just hide them from my library like others suggested when the feature first showed up and the +1/-1 debates returned, since I'll see them everywhere but Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Least now I know what the games are that I deleted, so if I ever change my mind for some crazy reason I can contact support and have the titles reappear. Hell, may as well and just hide them from my library like others suggested when the feature first showed up and the +1/-1 debates returned, since I'll see them everywhere but Steam.

You can restore licences using the help site. Just search for the game and you'll be given the option:

licencerestore77uiv.jpg

Finished Tales from the Borderlands. Ep 4 started strong but was pretty soft after that. 5 was strong throughout and it finished solid.

Athena
seems to have been given a push with TPS and this as the main Blands protag along with Lilith. I could see a playable build with
Fiona
possible for B3.

Well, that was something. Spent the evening in the ER with child needing stitches.

We're all quite drained.

Hope things settle back down for you.

zkylon

zkylewd
did from ever fix the poise stuff?

kind of thinking of doing a new run from scratch with a more tanky character and would like having working mechanics

Sch1sm

You can restore licences using the help site. Just search for the game and you'll be given the option:

licencerestore77uiv.jpg

Oh, yeah, I know. Thing is, I'd forgotten every single one I deleted outside of a few, so without finding out they still show up on Steam Completionist, I'd never have been able to restore the licences because I never remembered the title in question and they've been drowned out by recently played/purchased.

Thank you, though. <3

-----

Zky, it'll never be fixed. Long live the light builds. Huzzah.

Sch1sm

I'm about to buy the Witness on account that it has a small discount now and might not have at summer sale.
But that would consume a big part of my summer sale funds...
what to do, what to do

Wait for the summer sale anyway unless you're playing it immediately? Don't see the harm. May end up getting the same (or more of a) discount during the sale, or in a later midweek/weekend sale if it doesn't appear in the summer sale, so.

Tizoc

don't get me wrong, i enjoy the sega releases, but my point is.. not expect much from them. That is all.

Why, because of the one mediocre game they released after V. Chronicles?
Dunno why you worry or care about people's expectations from SEGA going forward, but there's a usual trend that it doesn't matter how disappointed gamers will be about a company, they'll flip a 180 on the first news of a good game coming from them. I've seen it happen enough times by now.

Arthea

Wait for the summer sale anyway unless you're playing it immediately? Don't see the harm. May end up getting the same (or more of a) discount during the sale, or in a later midweek/weekend sale if it doesn't appear in the summer sale, so.

the problem is that the Witness sold real good and Blow is doing this discount because of gog connect promotion (discount lasts for two more days), we might not see any other discount till winter sale! That would make me regret missing this one.

Why, because of the one mediocre game they released after V. Chronicles?
Dunno why you worry or care about people's expectations from SEGA going forward, but there's a usual trend that it doesn't matter how disappointed gamers will be about a company, they'll flip a 180 on the first news of a good game coming from them. I've seen it happen enough times by now.

how about that we know nothing about their plans, no announcements or intentions or anything and they are not going out of their way to give us games we want?
There are plenty of reasons to be disappointed, when it doesn't have to be.
If they will release a good game we want all could be forgiven, but what if they won't? As I said, we don't know anything to believe that they are planning to release any game we asked for.

edited: that's one odd game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/467390/

edit2: some new store pages

http://store.steampowered.com/app/428980/

Anteater

The camera is not great. It might be better in the remaster which Ubi decided was too good for PC.

maybe they'll do a remaster redux!

BG&E is another one of those games where everything is great except for the part where you actually play it.

Lots of charm, good characters and story, fairly sub-par gameplay.

I think it's worth seeing through, but gameplay wise it's never going to get great, and I think different people have different degrees of tolerance for that sort of thing.

so it's kind of like the newer double fine games :p

Monooboe

I'm about to buy the Witness on account that it has a small discount now and might not have at summer sale.
But that would consume a big part of my summer sale funds...
what to do, what to do

I say get it, since the sale during summer might not be that much bigger and also you can now also connect it to GOG, and as I understand it you don't be able to do that later.

Arthea

I say get it, since the sale during summer might not be that much bigger and also you can now also connect it to GOG, and as I understand it you don't be able to do that later.

ya, I just bought it, YOLO

in other news, Mini Metro is indeed good!
why nobody told me?
just kidding, you were right, steamgaf

Anteater

i wish gta had a lot more aim assist

it's not very much fun to aim in it

gta (at least 4) was one of those games I actually used a kb/m even though I use a controller for everything, I don't know if they fixed it in 5 but in 4 the controls were every problematic when you use a controller for some reason, the camera will auto adjust all the time in some sections (which basically affect your aim), those issues aren't there with the mouse, it was really weird, and you don't have to mash button to sprint, things like that made it much "better", or at least solved some issues I have with the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
gta (at least 4) was one of those games I actually used a kb/m even though I use a controller for everything, I don't know if they fixed it in 5 but in 4 the controls were every problematic when you use a controller for some reason, the camera will auto adjust all the time in some sections (which basically affect your aim), those issues aren't there with the mouse, it was really weird, and you don't have to mash button to sprint, things like that made it much "better", or at least solved some issues I have with the game.
yeah i just want to play from bed and those things are def annoying

honestly gta 5 is not very much fun

the world is pretty well put together and i enjoy driving around and looking at pedestrians walking around and the story is a bit more engaging than 4's but yeah, idk

it's no gay tony

i mostly blame it on the characters being so boring and unlikable

like, i don't mind characters that are meant to be unrelatable monsters, i'm probably the only person that likes kane & lynch in the world, but at least kane & lynch had the decency to be interesting. you can't help but be drawn into the stories behind those psychos, even if the game they're trapped in is pretty insufferable.

the gta characters give me this vibe that you're supposed to relate to them or have sympathy for them, like the game is saying that even tho these characters are grotesque mysanthropic caricatures they still kind of have a point?

zkylon

zkylewd
Entering Mexico is one of the great moments in gaming history though. Everything just syncs perfectly for few minutes.

can't quite remember but i think i have some recollection of being wowed at the fact that you were going to mexico

but the actual mexico stuff was terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom