• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheaaaa

Can't believe bethesda didn't do a sale for the doom series to hype the release of the new doom game. Really wanted to replay Doom 3. In general Bethesda is really bad with the prices of the games not made by bethesda studios, like Wolfenstein released in 2014 and it is at 50 euros..... are you kidding me? The Evil within also released at 2014 even worse than Wolfenstein at 60 euros. Wtf are they thinking? Doom was released a month ago and it is at 60 and Evil within from 2014 has the same price? WTF??? It is like they don't want their other studios to sell well on purpose or something.

Those games have all been very, very cheap, and they go on sale very soon after release too. Plenty to criticise Bethesda for, their games not being cheap is not one of them.

ExoSoul

Banned
F0CB7F047A5F99FC07B82460CF39614FFA0B0CD4

Salsa:
Soon, we must duel!

Arthea

you are always shitting on walking simulators though

curious

that's the joke

Best game from Rockstar(North) is still and probably always will be Lemmings. Such a shame that IP is owned by Sony so we won't see it again on the platform it's suited for.

Are there any good Lemmings clones on Steam? I only know of Flockers which was okayish.

the best one is
http://store.steampowered.com/app/260330/

apparently So Many Me is good too

and what Knurek said

Sch1sm

Can't believe bethesda didn't do a sale for the doom series to hype the release of the new doom game. Really wanted to replay Doom 3. In general Bethesda is really bad with the prices of the games not made by bethesda studios, like Wolfenstein released in 2014 and it is at 50 euros..... are you kidding me? The Evil within also released at 2014 even worse than Wolfenstein at 60 euros. Wtf are they thinking? Doom was released a month ago and it is at 60 and Evil within from 2014 has the same price? WTF??? It is like they don't want their other studios to sell well on purpose or something.

I don't disagree that the base prices should have dropped a bit by now, to preface. If it was that those games stayed around release day prices and never saw sales as if they released yesterday, then I could see more of an issue with it.

Those mentioned titles have had stellar sales since on and off Steam. Take a trip to Is There Any Deal
to see.

Pretty sure Wolfenstein TNO was 80~ or so % off just last month. Evil Within has had its share of sales even with the season pass included.

On an attack map, having 3 snipers...

This bothers me so damn much. I mean, there's a case to be made for having a sniper on an attacking team at the start to take out turrets and back liners, but it's a sub optimal class at best and one should switch over to something more useful soon. That rarely happens. You have people who couldn't give a damn about the objective and just want to get kills. This hurts so much in a 6v6 games. And there is never need for two snipers in any team for any kind of objective. So when you see multiple snipers you know immediately that the game is probably lost.

And it happens so frequently. I actually started quitting games with multiple snipers in the team and within a couple of days I got a warning from Blizzard telling me that I'd be penalized for disconnecting too frequently.

The Witness is so beautiful, I'm not entirety sure I care for puzzles that much as for walking around and enjoying scenery

It's a gorgeous game. When I finished it I downsampled from 4K and spent some time just walking around taking a ton of screenshots of the island. Such a beautiful art style.

Mikurden

Hi all, I don't post much (especially on Gaming side), but I bought a US key for South Park a few months ago in an attempt to get around the Australian censorship. I didn't work, I couldn't redeem it, so someone here might as well get some use from it.

Please only enter this raffle if you live in a country that has access to the uncensored version of South Park (so pretty much everywhere except Australia and Germany, probably?)

Enjoy!
I had seen the European censorship card for the console versions, but seeing that post of the Australian one made me wonder if there were more. Apparently not, but Wikipedia says, "The censorship affected all formats in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, Austria, and Taiwan."

Ruruja

Using Idle Master for the first time and it's great, good job jshackles.

1605 drops remaining, good job Summer Sale is still weeks away.

Arthea

So, Anima is getting good reviews so far

while all negative ones are about VA? and again what? The hell is wrong with people?
I'll never understand this VA obsession some gamers have.

r3n4ud

Welp, still can't buy anything. Steam continues to freeze when trying to checkout.

Looks like I'm going Uplay/Origin only, so... I bid adieu.

Corpekata

Banned
So, Anima is getting good reviews so far

while all negative ones are about VA? and again what? The hell is wrong with people?
I'll never understand this VA obsession some gamers have.

"Good" reviews is putting it fairly charitably. Even most of the positive ones seem to be barely more than lukewarm on it.

And why is it a surprise if people make a big deal about VA in a story heavy game?

Arthea

Welp, still can't buy anything. Steam continues to freeze when trying to checkout.

is it just freezing or you get an error message? because if the latter, it is a bug I encountered several times, contacting steam support doesn't help, but it fixes itself somehow (once took a month for me and it was during the steam sale too)

"Good" reviews is putting it fairly charitably. Even most of the positive ones seem to be barely more than lukewarm on it.

And why is it a surprise if people make a big deal about VA in a story heavy game?

lukewarm? which one of great, amazing and good is lukewarm?
I didn't read all reviews, maybe just just stumbled on good, IDK

kindly define story heavy
are you telling me you would drop a good game if you don't like VA? seriously, that's ridiculous

r3n4ud

Does this happens in the client and in your browser?
Yep, happens in both. Tried multiple payment methods and browsers :/

You will be my Battlefield 1 buddy.
I stall join you, Origin buddy!

is it just freezing or you get an error message? because if the latter, it is a bug I encountered several times, contacting steam support doesn't help, but it fixes itself somehow (once took a month for me and it was during the steam sale too)
No error message. It just freezes when checking out. I have to close the page or client to reopen Steam.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Try beta and non-beta clients, try browser, try uninstall/reinstall.

edit: I saw above.

Is this before or after payment info? Is it your CC?

Corpekata

Banned

lukewarm? which one of great, amazing and good is lukewarm?
I didn't read all reviews, maybe just just stumbled on good, IDK

kindly define story heavy
are you telling me you would drop a good game if you don't like VA? seriously, that's ridiculous

Don't know why you need story heavy defined. It's a game with a decent amount of story focus, which most of the reviews mention.

If it had really terrible VA? Probably. Uncharted 4 with like, Andy Dick as Nathan Drake? Okay I might play that for a minute just for curiosity, but I probably would be a lot less interested in it overall.

Are you telling me you'd gladly play Chaos Wars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA

And not take any issue with the VA? You'd be perfectly fine and not even talk about it if you were to review it?

Nere

I don't disagree that the base prices should have dropped a bit by now, to preface. If it was that those games stayed around release day prices and never saw sales as if they released yesterday, then I could see more of an issue with it.

Those mentioned titles have had stellar sales since on and off Steam. Take a trip to Is There Any Deal
to see.

Pretty sure Wolfenstein TNO was 80~ or so % off just last month. Evil Within has had its share of sales even with the season pass included.

Thanks didn't knew about this site. Yeah they have dropped low enough but their base prices are insane. Will wait for summer sale to buy them hope I won't get disappointed.

Arthea

Don't know why you need story heavy defined. It's a game with a decent amount of story focus, which most of the reviews mention.

If it had really terrible VA? Probably. Uncharted 4 with like, Andy Dick as Nathan Drake? Okay I might play that for a minute just for curiosity, but I probably would be a lot less interested in it overall.

Are you telling me you'd gladly play Chaos Wars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA

And not take any issue with the VA? You'd be perfectly fine and not even talk about it if you were to review it?
no way I'd drop that game! that's hilarious
tooooo bad
lol

thanks for posting it

edited: like their intonations don't match what's said even once, it just has to be on purpose
*still laughin

Li Kao

Uh, trying to buy Stardew Valley and Undertale on the Humble store and when I try to add a game to cart it automatically reset and say I have no item in it.
What ?

Corpekata

Banned
no way I'd drop that game! that's hilarious
tooooo bad
lol

thanks for posting it

edited: like their intonations don't match what's said even once, it just has to be on purpose
*still laughin

It was translated by some defunct company. To save money the guy cast like everyone to be played by his own family members.

hohoXD123

After you move your steam games to another HDD, how do you tell steam where the new folder is? Keep getting missing executable messages when trying to launch them.

Corpekata

Banned
After you move your steam games to another HDD, how do you tell steam where the new folder is? Keep getting missing executable messages when trying to launch them.

Set Steam Library Folders in the Download section of Steam settings and create a new one for the one you just pasted the stuff to.

Try "deleting" the game and "reinstalling it" this time, it should discover the existing files when you point it toward the new folder (and this I think should update most games).

Nzyme32

Had this issue. Happens when a payment is interrupted. Don't keep attempting it, just leave it alone for 2 or 3 hours and you will be able to purchase normally again

hohoXD123

Set Steam Library Folders in the Download section of Steam settings and create a new one for the one you just pasted the stuff to.

Try "deleting" the game and "reinstalling it" this time, it should discover the existing files when you point it toward the new folder (and this I think should update most games).

Great thanks, deleting and reinstalling worked.

Edit: For some games it seems to actually be re-downloading the files

Xion385

Hey Steam GAF, has anyone played Offworld Trading Company? It looks like a game I would be interested in, but I wanted to know from the people who played it how they like it.

Also, Stardew Valley.

Just went through a bit of my backlog, so here are my two-hour-two-ending impressions for The Royal Trap: The Confines of the Crown. (I guess hidden-object games don't have a monopoly on colons.)

The story: You play Madeleine Valois, valette (a sort of caregiver and advisor) to Prince Oscar of Ocendawyr, charged to ensure he always puts his best foot forward, and to fulfill the political goals of your country by making sure he makes a good impression with a royal hottie to become a King. (They changed around the political and cultural sphere here, where the daughters are the heirs to the kingdom and the sons get married off to foreign countries to become kings, and the former princesses get the title of "Wisdom?" ...It was kind of confusing as to who was actually in power, but I just rolled with it.) But can you stand idly by and do your duty to get your close companion married, or do your feelings get in the way? ...Or maybe you can develop feelings for another? YOU decide!

The story is well-told and has some nice twists and turns. Having only seen two endings: the "happy" and then the "bad" end for one person, I can't claim to see all sides of the story yet - and indeed, you can't even see all the endings until you've completed the game at least once - but the makers of Long Live the Queen have a knack for spinning yarns full of political intrigue, and do their best to consider many possibilities, just as their characters might. Madeleine seems to do her best to weigh emotion against reason, making for a nice protagonist: conflicted, but level-headed.

The gameplay: It's a visual novel. (One with choices.) I'm not exactly sure to what degree every choice makes in the outcome - if it's a certain number of "good" choices or just specific key ones that matter - but it still makes you think diplomatically and at certain points choose sides, making you hope you can agree with one person without pissing off the other.

The graphics: For the most part good. The backgrounds are nice, and the characters mostly look well-drawn, although the page looks a bit crudely-drawn - almost a different art style - and the princess' brother looks downright off-putting but I'm not sure if that's intentional.

The audio: The music has some nice tracks. The "action/fight scene" one is particularly good. There aren't many sound effects, but I do like how they didn't reuse many, and even put in different "door knocking" ones. When the text says someone is knocking languidly, the audio reflects that.

The length: As I said, took me 2.8 (according to Steam) hours to complete one ending, then go back to the final decision and do the other one. Given 15 endings, and I presume some will be shorter than others, or you'll be doing a lot of skipping, expect some good replayability. I'd guess 12 hours to get all the endings if you're in a hurry. Possibly more. So, a decent length.

The verdict: I've played a few visual novels, even ones where you play a woman (Heileen 3,) and while they're not my favourite genre, I can say this is a good one. Of course, visual novels aren't for everyone. If you like visual novels, this one should be a no-brainer. If you don't and want to try them out, then you might as well go with one that has a well-thought-out plot, like this one. There is romance of course, but the political backdrop makes it seem more like "don't cause an international incident sim" than "dating sim," so keep that in mind.

Summer will definitely see deals on those. As far as Doom, if it doesn't get a good deal there is always the quakecon sale that happens annually not too long after.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hmm, I think I'll end up watching E3 even though I don't care about AAA gaming much anymore, it's pretty much only csgo or overwatch for me now.

Asiratlan

Hmm, I think I'll end up watching E3 even though I don't care about AAA gaming much anymore, it's pretty much only csgo or overwatch for me now.

At last years's PC Gaming Show we discovered Enter the Gungeon, which is actually one of my favorite game released this year. Most AAA today kinda disapoint me, but it's fun to be surprised by things like Shenmue 3 and FF7 Remake.

Jadax

What are you guys on about...the E3 is awesome to watch.

Some much cringe-worthy interviews.

Sony trying to 1-up Microsoft.

Some random go-go-dancer game that no one gives 2 diddly-doos about but still keeps getting funded.

An overhyped COD/BF multiplayer live-play that is basically fanboys trying to make it look like fun.

The lone 'celeb' saying how he/she is also a gamer - but wouldn't be able to recall a game if his/her life depended on it.

And in between all this gold...we get 1-2 games that actually looking interesting.

Overall, it's a fun time imo.

Take a drink every time you hear "PS4 Console Exclusive" or "Launches on PS4"

code words for PC releases fam

Port of Yakuza announced. Reactions on GAF: It wont sell on PC. PC gamers pirate everything.

Port of FF15 announced. Reactions on GAF: It wont sell on PC. PC gamers pirate everything.

What are you guys on about...the E3 is awesome to watch.

Some much cringe-worthy interviews.

Sony trying to 1-up Microsoft.

Some random go-go-dancer game that no one gives 2 diddly-doos about but still keeps getting funded.

An overhyped COD/BF multiplayer live-play that is basically fanboys trying to make it look like fun.

The lone 'celeb' saying how he/she is also a gamer - but wouldn't be able to recall a game if his/her life depended on it.

And in between all this gold...we get 1-2 games that actually looking interesting.

Overall, it's a fun time imo.
You sound fun at parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom