• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

I must have forgotten to do a manual backup like I usually do and turns out no cloud save.

I wanted to go back and 100% this, my question if I already beat the game on "hard" and got the achievement for that, can I play the main game again on easy?

Since I'm now primarily a PC gamer, I doubt I'll watch much e3

I'm a PC gamer at this point but I still enjoy the spectacle from E3 so I always watch the conferences every year at least. It's fun watching the Giantbomb guys talk over the conferences as well.

Well, that was something. Spent the evening in the ER with child needing stitches.

We're all quite drained.
Oof. Wish your kid a quick recovery and hope it was only a light injury. Stay strong.
Hi all, I don't post much (especially on Gaming side), but I bought a US key for South Park a few months ago in an attempt to get around the Australian censorship. I didn't work, I couldn't redeem it, so someone here might as well get some use from it.

Please only enter this raffle if you live in a country that has access to the uncensored version of South Park (so pretty much everywhere except Australia and Germany, probably?)

Enjoy!
Generous of you. I already own the game, the uncensored version and I live in Germany. For future reference, you as an Aussie too can enjoy uncensored gaming and activate usually not available games and their Steam keys.
Just close your Steam Client > Open up a VPN program (FlyVPN e.g.) > Set your location to a country which can easily activate the game (usually USA) > Open you Steam Client > Activate the key > Close your Steam Client > Close the VPN to get your usual location > Open the Steam Client and enjoy your games.
Welp, still can't buy anything. Steam continues to freeze when trying to checkout.

Looks like I'm going Uplay/Origin only, so... I bid adieu.
It's a sign. Your wallet weeps before the Summer Sale cursed your client.

Nzyme32

Take a drink every time you hear "PS4 Console Exclusive" or "Launches on PS4"

code words for PC releases fam

Port of Yakuza announced. Reactions on GAF: It wont sell on PC. PC gamers pirate everything.

Port of FF15 announced. Reactions on GAF: It wont sell on PC. PC gamers pirate everything.

Too true. It's kind of hilarious to work it all out with all the different variations of "exclusive" that basically mean "also PC soon". I remember 2014 E3 - the Grim Fandango one was interesting, they actually outright called it "coming exclusivly to PS4 and PS Vita" and after folks got angry Tim Shafer had to buckle and confirm the PC version.

I expect more of that kind of stuff going forward

Since I'm now primarily a PC gamer, I doubt I'll watch much e3

I still watch it since most stuff is PC, even on the "exclusive" side of things

Mr Caffeine still gives me nightmares

"doodleoodoodleoodoodleoo"

Corpekata

Banned
Aisha Tyler is fine, though she's clearly not writing much of it. At least I can't imagine her writing that cringeworthy section with the cosplayer that froze up last year.

derExperte

Will watch the conferences with GB or whoever entertaining I can find commenting over it and avoid visiting Gaming for a week, I prefer not having brain cancer and skimming through the current discussions about console revisions was already unhealthy enough.

The guy from Microsoft with the Fedora?

Hektor

90a.gif

Tom calcancy's poop on your toothpaste!

Aisha Tyler is fine, though she's clearly not writing much of it. At least I can't imagine her writing that cringeworthy section with the cosplayer that froze up last year.

Wanna make a meme?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Why? Like 85 percent of the games will come out on PC.

And they'll all get posted in here or on Gaming OT

I don't need to watch cringey presenters and horrible presentations to see what games are coming out

Plus, be lucky if there's even 5% of those games that I'd be interested in

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I don't need to watch cringey presenters and horrible presentations to see what games are coming out

How is that different as a PC gamer, though? The same thing happens with consoles.

kurahador

Oh dang...being pc gamer is so cool.

I like STEAM

but the actual mexico stuff was terrible

Bullshit.

Every time this game is discussed, I see Mexico cited as the point at which the game turns sour or the slump that the player has to get through.

Never seen a convincing argument as to why this particular section is terrible, while the rest of the game is somehow better. Not a comprehensive explanation why, at least.

The only good reasons I've seen why someone would dislike this section in particular — though not enough to hate it any more than the rest of the game — are the following:

- You can't choose which side of the revolution you fight on. You have to start working for the Mexican military and kill rebels even though the player may really not want to.

- It's a disproportionately long portion of the game, due in part because the player having to play both sides of the revolution.

- The environment is mostly desert and cliffs. It's harder to traverse off beaten paths.

The other reasons I see mentioned when someone's arguing Mexico's the worst part are not exclusive to that area of the game. Problems like

- Missions are unrelated to overall story. The entire first segment of the game involves doing missions for people that have nothing to do with Marston finding the members of his old gang. You're only doing favors for these people under the promise they'll help you. Killing people Nigel West Dickens was trying to swindle doesn't seem directly related to Marton's mission and it doesn't seem at all justifiable/congruous with Marston's character.

- Annoying/bad characters. Seth, Irish and West Dickens. What's annoying to one person might not be to another, to say the characters you meet in Mexico are somehow more annoying than these three you meet in the first third of the game is a tall claim. Their missions consist entirely of their idiocy causing problems for Marston. The player is supposed to believe that these fools are going to help him do something he couldn't do on his own.

- Boring/repetitive missions. The entire game consists of missions where you shoot people over and over. From beginning to end. While the first third of the game has a few more non-combat missions than the rest of the game, it still features plenty of the "go here, kill these people" missions.

- Characters leading the player on. This is essentially the entire premise of the game proper. You are running errands for people until they give you help/the information you want. It's not exclusive to Mexico at all.

My theory is that the majority of people who say Mexico is the bad portion of the game do so because it's the point at which the game's formula becomes evident, in turn becoming rote for them. This can't be applied to every last person who doesn't like this portion of the game. However, to say there's something so uniquely bad about Mexico that it calls for newcomers to be warned about it (based on the above reasons) doesn't make much sense.

derExperte

My theory is that the majority of people who say Mexico is the bad portion of the game do so because it's the point at which the game's formula becomes evident, in turn becoming rote for them. This can't be applied to every last person who doesn't like this portion of the game. However, to say there's something so uniquely bad about Mexico that it calls for newcomers to be warned about it (based on the above reasons) doesn't make much sense.

Agreed, I expected something terrible to happen and it was just like the rest, very good but mildly underwhelming. Maybe it helped that I was using quicktravel as much as possible but I didn't think the game dragged there more than anywhere else. I mean the main story is half as long as GTAV's anyway.

DOOM, Overwatch, Uncharted 4, Total Warhammer, XCOM 2. Boring?

I'll give you Division tho.

Y'all should know him good enough by now to realize that when he says AAA he actually means terrible games with dinosaurs.

Khronico

H-hows it going guys
Been a while

I got a PS4 last month and haven't really played any PC stuff since then

I figured it was high time to try the Witcher 3 DLC. Does anyone know if a GOG save works with the Steam ver? I have the Witcher 3+Expansion Pass on Steam now and want to use my GOG save to play the expansions.

Corpekata

Banned
I gave up around Mexico too.

I do think the formula thing has some bearing. I similarly tuned out in the Witcher 3 during Skellige. Just not as compelling an area + by that point most of the game is sort of laid bare. It's a problem I have with a lot of open world games, once I feel like I've got the whole picture, my interest fades, especially combined with games not exactly excelling at middle acts in general. I did power through it though and got hooked again.

Games that ask you learn a big new area that isn't as interesting + you know you're leaving are a tough ask. I prefer mastering and learning a small to medium sized area. Kinda got me hopeful for the Xpac though with it being self contained in a new area to master rather, and presumably not miles of annoying boating to do.

Anteater

I'm liking hard reset redux, never played the original, and I usually hate the enemies that charge at you but with the newly added dash it's not so bad

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How is that different as a PC gamer, though? The same thing happens with consoles.

because i'd usually watch e3 to see what changes were happening to the ecosystem on my chosen console and what exclusives would be revealed for said console

DOOM, Overwatch, Uncharted 4, Total Warhammer, XCOM 2. Boring?

I'll give you Division tho.

Overwatch is boring, but not Dank Souls and Guilty Gear Xrd and Homeworld and Hitman and Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza and Killer Instinct

Indie games are becoming bigger while AAA games are releasing with less content, I just pray Ubisoft can save us this E3 and deliver some actual AAA games.

It shouldn't matter how much content a game releases with, as long as the experience justifies the price. I'm tired of fucking padding.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
because i'd usually watch e3 to see what changes were happening to the ecosystem on my chosen console and what exclusives would be revealed for said console

But that all gets posted on NeoGAF, too.

I guess my point is that E3 is always kind of pointless.

I do enjoy live riffing on the press conferences with some of my friends, though. Maybe one day I'll release the synced audio/video I've made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom