• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
You go nowhere to be seen.

Aisha's easily head and shoulders above any other presenter in E3 history.

I'm not a full on mememachine so I would say anyone is better than her, like seriously.
I would rather watch the XBOX reveal than listen to the cringy super scripted memes of the ubisoft conference.

I'm pretty interested in the console maker's conferences just for all the hardware rumors out there for all this time. There's extra interest if they use the RX 480 too. There have only been about three console exclusive games I've had any interest in this gen and I doubt that will change, but the hubbub is fun and I'm curious how times are changing.

"Hey. Aisha in da house. Who wanna see some games today?
Oh. Those guys. I always love shooting and sexy man, so we have those hotties in the new Ghost Recon. Dayum!
So random dev person. Tell me abou it: blablbla.
Wow. That sounds great. And they look hot."

def sim

damn i'm racking up these snappoints
b1coolbysg9.png

edit: oh it's for buying cosmetics

Haven't they already confirmed Aisha Tyler is doing Ubisoft's presentation again this year?

Pretty sure I saw that a couple days ago or something

Yep, happens in both. Tried multiple payment methods and browsers :/

I stall join you, Origin buddy!

No error message. It just freezes when checking out. I have to close the page or client to reopen Steam.

I had a similar problem some time ago, I think I cleaned the cookies related to Steam on my browser and it worked.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The solution is to have Aisha Tyler host but have the Archer team write it.

Plus a cameo from Jon H. Benjamin.

Corpekata

Banned
Yarnie was a bit of a boring turd. It's no wonder they kept emphasizing the developer and his wistful nature even close to release, there's not much game to showcase.

I actually liked Joel McHale, that co-hosted the Spike VGAs one time. He just played his role as "Jeff". Afaik he also hosted one E3 conference.

Somehow a lot of people hated him.

Mainly Geoff
2578078-vgx_joelandgeofflittlebrother.png

No. Even on Gaf, people disliked him, because he made jokes about "nerds". The horror. He just played his role as Jeff and I am sure Geoff also knew this. You dont hire an actor not know how he will present a show.

His attitude was just: "Dont make such a big deal out of that. Its just games." and imo that was perfectly fine. I liked it actually. Far better than those presenters who act like that during press conferences:

d79e31d3984cf6f518351174bd53c83c.jpg

Jawmuncher

DOOM, Overwatch, Uncharted 4, Total Warhammer, XCOM 2. Boring?

I'll give you Division tho.
It's been a lot of stuff not appealing to me, or not liking. Out of that list only Doom and Overwatch for me. But then even Overwatch isn't something i'm going to be buying at it's current price.

Indie games are becoming bigger while AAA games are releasing with less content, I just pray Ubisoft can save us this E3 and deliver some actual AAA games.

Indie's have jumped in quality, but to me there's still an obvious line between the two to me.
What if Konami will show Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake with Fox Engine and improved gameplay from TPP?

I hope not. We don't need MGS3 again. At least not right now.

Hektor

Just got this email:

Unepic - New game; Ghost 1.0
Von:
Francisco Tellez

Hello!

I'm writing you because you purchased Unepic a few years ago. I hope you enjoyed it.
During the last two years I've been working in a new game I called "Ghost 1.0". It's similar to Unepic, but set in the future, in a "Ghost in the Shell" mood.
Just click the following links (depending on your language) to see the trailer:

ENGLISH - https://youtu.be/ftKqXGw4MrE
FRENCH - https://youtu.be/BO32EAmq7b8
GERMAN - https://youtu.be/93U2Vyt15NU
ITALIAN - https://youtu.be/7D1krimWz5U
RUSSIAN - https://youtu.be/dHisMTqRpWE

The game is being released in Steam on Tuesday (June 7th) for PC. Price is the same than Unepic in Steam, however first days there will be a launch promotion costing 11€ / 11 USD.

If you like it, feel free to include it in your whish list of the Steam page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/463270

Oh, something else, purchasing it the first 3 days has a small reward:
5a5a5eac108222c42cf5b1634c14a817462e7cbcc9481f7c2a00aaee9ecb683e321e80864f4ec0a6f4d87a1905039b87301e3827f7eaa228138b1049911be479.jpg

That's all. I hope you buy it and you enjoy it. :)

fran

pd: Mac and Linux version will come later, once the game needs no more changes or updates.

_____

Paging Uzzy

I do understand that MGSV had problems but you can't come in here and claim a Pachinko game has as good or better gameplay than MGSV.

But it might have!

In the next 3 years i bet we get a new MGS game that isn't pachinko or mobile.

Be prepared for

Solid Arena

Do you remember Solid Snake, Metal Gear Rex, Big Boss and other iconic characters from our Metal Gear series? Now you can battle it in our new innovative MOBA called Solid Arena. Each hero has different skills. Can you become the best?

Arthea

I don't get you people.
E3 presenters come in two flavours. first one is uncomfortable and unhappy being there, presenting kiddy stuff and so boring that they almost put themselves to sleep too, second consists of overenergetic, enthusiastic to awkward and creepy. And of those two second category is better because it has less chances bore you to death, and out of that category Aisha is the best. Why are you unhappy with her again?

septicore

I must be the only person who skips most of the shows at E3 and just read up summaries and watch trailers of the games I'm interested in.

Although most of the shows are aired live while I'm still asleep or at work due to timezone differences.

Arthea

I must be the only person who skips most of the shows at E3 and just read up summaries and watch trailers of the games I'm interested in.

Although most of the shows are aired live while I'm still asleep or at work due to timezone differences.

but where is fun in that? It just an information.
Watching E3 with friends is fun
timezones be damned, true

Ludens

Banned
They already said they were working on a new game for MGS. It's probably the only series they might keep going forward on.

They also said Kojima was in vacation the day before removing his name from past, present and future Metal Gear Solid games.
Turning serious, I would get a Metal Gear Solid without Kojima (expecially after Peace Walker and TPP plot, I'm more than happy to have someone else writing the game), but I don't want to see season passes, one game each year, pre-order dlcs, exclusive dlcs for each platforms...pretty much what happened with TPP, even if in this case DLCs were crap and important ones, like DejaVu and JamaisVu, were released later for each console.

Man, they even splitted GZ from TPP to sell it for 40 bloody €, and don't forget they lowered the price of 10€ because of the meltdown, the 1 hour prologue was originally priced 50€ on console.

In few words, I want to avoid the Ubification of the franchise, with buggy game on release etc.
TPP is missing a piece of the game, but at least the game works flawlessy out of the box (in fact, don't patch it, so you can avoid the microtransactions crap and the resources moved online). The only bug was in Archea Metallica or whatever was called, but it was minor and easy avoidable.

Asiratlan

but where is fun in that? It just an information.
Watching E3 with friends is fun
timezones be damned, true

It's also fun debating about who won the E3 after watching every conference. News barely give what was shown on stage and it take rougly the same time watching every trailer than watching E3 live.

Uzzy

Aisha at least makes the conference itself memorable. If all you want is the trailers and reveals, just watch those on YouTube afterwards.

Ludens

Banned
What I want from E3 is:

-a release date for Last Guardian, since I wanna play it before dying, I bought a PS3 because it was scheduled to be released in "christmas 2011" back in 2009, meanwhile 7 years passed.
-Resident Evil 2 Remake trailer (a release date is too much) and Resident Evil 7
-FFVIIR trailer, with possibly a release date, but I think it's very hard
-Yakuza games ported on PC
-Shenmue HD Collection on PC

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
When will the mext batch of steam>gog go up?

Not sure but I guess we're getting a lot of these games probably pretty soon. Which is cool, because I own a few of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom