• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Am I the only one expecting absolutely nothing from the new Kojima game?
I expect it to be some kind of random tps multiplayer only with microtransactions.

Just got this email:

Unepic - New game; Ghost 1.0

Oh, this is finally coming out?
It looked quite interesting the first time I saw it, and the new(?) trailer on Steam is promising.

Considering the low price, and assuming that the developers did not repeat the rather gross humor of UnEpic (which I did enjoy, despite that part), I'll probably pick this up sooner rather than later.

mp1990

Banned
Stop talking about E3, you guys are making me remember of Nintendo's absence this year at it.

Don't think I'll bother watching it this year, I doubt there will be anything that would grab my attention at Sony's conference, and judging by last year's presentation, the PC show shouldn't be anything to write home about.

hohoXD123

Sweet, fixed all my PC troubles (for now). All it took was formatting my hard drive...

Am I the only one expecting absolutely nothing from the new Kojima game?
I expect it to be some kind of random tps multiplayer only with microtransactions.

Was the microtransaction bs in MGS5 Kojima's idea or Konami's?

Nzyme32

We can have Aisha, CEOs/devs who son't know what they will do with their hands or Bond villain

IRvyPm4.png

I will be extremely disappointed if he doesn't show up this year with anything other than a floating platform from which he can give some kind of dooms day speech about how he want to destroy the world...

I want him to be like this

Crysis should be on Gog. It's almost nine years old, so maybe when it turns ten it will be. It still calls home every time any hardware changes and installs junk for the defunct multi-player.

Ludens

Banned
Sweet, fixed all my PC troubles (for now). All it took was formatting my hard drive...

Was the microtransaction bs in MGS5 Kojima's idea or Konami's?

I think it was from Kojima and Konami just approved, since if I remember well Kojima wanted something similar for Peace Walker too.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-5A5485C8DC8D7BEE

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1465065584z1.png

I don't get you people.
E3 presenters come in two flavours. first one is uncomfortable and unhappy being there, presenting kiddy stuff and so boring that they almost put themselves to sleep too, second consists of overenergetic, enthusiastic to awkward and creepy. And of those two second category is better because it has less chances bore you to death, and out of that category Aisha is the best. Why are you unhappy with her again?
Because even the best isn't good enough to prevent the cringe.

Ludens

Banned
What do you mean?

If you don't play online, you can't do any challenges nor unlock any weapon. Like, in older Hitman you had a selection screen in which you can pick up your weapons and gadgets for each missions, here is the same but only if you play online, if you play offline, you get nothing at all.

Grief.exe

If you don't play online, you can't do any challenges nor unlock any weapon. Like, in older Hitman you had a selection screen in which you can pick up your weapons and gadgets for each missions, here is the same but only if you play online, if you play offline, you get nothing at all.

Seems arbitrary to force always online DRM.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Triple-A has been pretty decent for me so far this year. Of games that qualify I have played:

-Rise of the Tomb Raider (solid follow-up to TR13 which I enjoyed)
-Far Cry Primal (other than the melee being garbage it was a fun spin-off)
-Dark Souls III (not my favorite Souls game, but still hella fun with my SunBro)
-Quantum Break (tech issues, but great gameplay and entertaining story)
-Uncharted 4 (I like walking sims)
-Doom (in-progress, but awesome)

They were all pretty good experiences for me and the current rate it's roughly one a month which is about the rate I can handle.

Indie's not too shabby either. I got:

-Oxenfree (really cool experience, looking forward to replaying with the new free content)
-Firewatch (great discussion piece)
-Superhot (SUPERHOT)
-Adr1ft (I had to find the right mood to be in, but once I found it I really dug it)
-The Witness (in-progress lol)

I've definitely hit a bit of an indie rut in the last couple months with a lot of recent releases failing to grab me. Still, I'm looking forward to Eitr, Everybody's Gone to Rapture (w/ proper sale price since I bought and played 30 seconds on PS4), Headlander, Jenny LeClue, Necropolis, Pavilion, and Samorost 3 (on sale).

r3n4ud

Had this issue. Happens when a payment is interrupted. Don't keep attempting it, just leave it alone for 2 or 3 hours and you will be able to purchase normally again
Sorry for the late reply man.

That is...weird lol. I'll give it a try though.

Parsnip

steam is doing the fucking thing where the mobile app wants me to provide a 2FA code from the mobile app to log in to the mobile app to get a 2FA code to provide to the mobile app *rolleyes* if only there were some standardized 2FA service valve could deploy. pity no one else has ever pulled off 2FA before.

I've had that happen once and it wasn't much of an issue. I think I just told it that I didn't have access to the codes, and it gave me an option to "transfer" the authenticator to the device (even though it was already on that device) and sent me an sms about it.

Parsnip

Is this new? PC Gaming show "presenters". Nothing too exciting, other than maybe Sega / Square

ZvnHyEz.png

Square Enix will show Deus Ex and confirm FF15 on PC. Also FF12 HD.
Sega will have a new PC port of something of Japanese origin.

I'll bookmark this post so that I can then gloat at everyone about how right I was.
That's a thing that people do right?

steveovig

I haven't used my Steam account in a couple months and I recently tried signing in to play something and my password was changed. I googled my account and it shows that I have played 48 hours of CS:GO in the last two weeks, so I'm led to believe my account has been hacked. I filed a Steam Ticket with proof of one of my previous transactions from Paypal. Has anyone had success in recovering an account and how long it might take?

Wok

Still, I'm looking forward to Eitr, Everybody's Gone to Rapture (w/ proper sale price since I bought and played 30 seconds on PS4), Headlander, Jenny LeClue, Necropolis, Pavilion, and Samorost 3 (on sale).

Well, you are missing out on a few indies which are pretty decent:

Jenny LeClue looks amazing, and I hope the gameplay will be as engaging as the design. That being said, you are also missing out on future releases:

Edit: Yeah, I am a bit puzzle-centric.

I haven't used my Steam account in a couple months and I recently tried signing in to play something and my password was changed. I googled my account and it shows that I have played 48 hours of CS:GO in the last two weeks, so I'm led to believe my account has been hacked. I filed a Steam Ticket with proof of one of my previous transactions from Paypal. Has anyone had success in recovering an account and how long it might take?

I did, It was during a a winter sale a few years ago, and it took about a week for them to give me my account back. Once you get it back, I highly suggest using the mobile app as an authenticator. People hate it, but it's only a minor inconvenience as opposed to loosing your account again.

yuraya

My personal wishes for E3:

Kojima teases new game
FROM teases new game
Valve teases new game
Rocksteady Superman game
Elder Scrolls VI
Bioware teases KOTOR III (or some type of SW RPG pls)
Borderlands 3 tease
Destiny PC
RDR for PC
FFXV for PC
MGS collection for PC
More low budget or indie games with great art (Ori, Cuphead, etc)

At the very least half of those things should/will happen this E3..so I am excited for it.

I angered ModBot and felt its wrath. If you win delete the "&" at the end of the code. Your previous entries went to the birds.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-BDDB3539D751CF92 - Taken by Barajas_201. 76 entrants total.

t1465154924z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom