• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

I hope that my Steam-cards will take me over € 20 before the sale.
I'm at €18.64 now.
Still thinking about what to do with the Shan-Gui and Sakura-cards.
Sell them or buy the remaining cards, badge it and hope for something valuable, besides the shame?

My personal wishes for E3:

Kojima teases new game Not yet
FROM teases new game Yes
Valve teases new game No
Rocksteady Superman game No
Elder Scrolls VI Not yet
Bioware teases KOTOR III (or some type of SW RPG pls) No
Borderlands 3 tease Yes
Destiny PC No
RDR for PC No
FFXV for PC Yes
MGS collection for PC No
More low budget or indie games with great art (Ori, Cuphead, etc) Yes

At the very least half of those things should/will happen this E3..so I am excited for it.

My predictions.

Hektor

what's a Ricochet

A ricochet is a rebound, bounce or skip off a surface.

Ricochet may also refer to:
Ricochet firing, firing of artillery at a low angle so as to cause the shells to skip across the ground
Ricochet (musician) (born Alexander Aksyonov; 1964-2007) - Russian singer-songwiter, leader of post-punk band Obyekt Nasmeshek
Ricochet (wrestler) (born 1988)

Anteater

A ricochet is a rebound, bounce or skip off a surface.

Ricochet may also refer to:
Ricochet firing, firing of artillery at a low angle so as to cause the shells to skip across the ground
Ricochet (musician) (born Alexander Aksyonov; 1964-2007) - Russian singer-songwiter, leader of post-punk band Obyekt Nasmeshek
Ricochet (wrestler) (born 1988)

steveshrug82s6v5zjv1.gif

mafuubalkjwx.gif

Jawmuncher

r3n4ud

FINALLY! Was able to buy ma games :)

Had to remove a certain game from the cart for some reason. Oddddd.

Thanks for all your suggestions folks. Appreciate the help.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bullshit.
your theory kind of falls apart if ppl like the last act of the game, tho?

i hated it because it was unbearably long, boring, and insulting to me personally as a latin american in how it represented characters like emiliano zapata and pancho villa as essentially on the same level as dictators. it's just kind of really racist and ignorant, sort of in the same way bioshock infinite brushes off its race issues, but while in bio infinite that was like a bleep in the story that's unfortunate but thankfully it doesn't dwell on it, rdr makes you go through like 20 hours of that nonsense.

and mexico was such a disappointment too, actually moving to a new area is pretty incredible for a gta game but then it's just so fucking bad. and while the rest of the game also had irritating characters, at least the story and other characters offset some of the awful

i don't think rdr would be a masterpiece without it or anything, but fuck that section

"I will mod a great wall." - zkylon 2016
haha

ArjanN

Seems arbitrary to force always online DRM.

Eh, there's a lot of online challenge/score stuff, and since they just let you resume now even if you disconnect it's totally a non-issue for me. I'd doesn't hurt that it's probably the best game of the year so far.

def sim

I'd be very curious what another MGS from current Konami could be. They already have the open world gameplay figured out and Phantom Pain didn't exactly have much cutscenes, so maybe it won't be such a tough sell.

Revengeance wasn't written by Kojima AFAIK and that turned out entertaining. Any silly thing with characters the fans already love will probably be fine.

Tellaerin

I want to know how much of the forced memes/jokes shit is on her and how much of it is out of her control.

You're not going to get away from "humor" in any kind of awards program. The only choice you have is whether it's going to be forced memes or dad jokes.

ArjanN

I want to know how much of the forced memes/jokes shit is on her and how much of it is out of her control.

Given how fast and loose it all seems I'm pretty sure it's all her. The problem is when you try to be funny on the fly you're probably going to miss more than you hit.

yuraya

It makes little business sense to announce FF15 on PC at this point imo

They are aiming for 10+ million sales so they'll need all the help they can get.

No chance in hell they will sell 10 with just PS4 and X1. Xbox owners don't give a shit about FF and PS4 alone won't be able to handle that burden.

MGSV and Dark Souls 3 shows that releasing Japanese games on pc day n date with consoles will reward you with great sales. FF is even more popular on Steam than both MGS and Souls games imo.

gelf

Aptly named Clones:

Spirits:

Mousecraft:

And Eets:

I just heard about this new lemmings-like with zombies: http://store.steampowered.com/app/416680/

It should be out within a month of two.

Thanks for the suggestions. In typical Steam style it turns out I already owned Eets Munchies and Mousecraft and didn't have a clue they had Lemmings influences. Something for me to try.

neonglow

I know somebody wants Sakura Spirit!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-41966A402C5E70CC - Taken by MANUELF. 1 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-8F6C65DF07F54199 - Taken by Mixed2k. 5 entrants total.

t1465076329z1.png

Shahadan

They are aiming for 10+ million sales so they'll need all the help they can get.

No chance in hell they will sell 10 with just PS4 and X1. Xbox owners don't give a shit about FF and PS4 alone won't be able to handle that burden.

MGSV and Dark Souls 3 shows that releasing Japanese games on pc day n date with consoles will reward you with great sales. FF is even more popular on Steam than both MGS and Souls games imo.

I mean they'll announce it after the ps4 version is out, not before.

Eila

There is going to come a day when Rogue Legacy gets bundled.

On that day.

I will be vindicated.

Wait it wasn't bundled? I wonder where I got it from.
It's a fun game, but I never beat it and my save was lost, last I tried it.

derExperte

Fucking Soul Axiom. 15 cards, so 8 drops, idled for 7hrs and still got 3 left. No wonder this fucking game only sold 3800 units. Well deserved.

A Superman game with RockSteady art department? gross af.

I would be more willing to buy a Green Arrow game made by a competent studios who has competent artists and had a animation that didn't look like Gears of War turd.

Phawx

rogue legacy isnt even worth 50c

I listened to gaf hype on that game.

first mistake. last mistake.

I like the game but I already have it through PS+

I just know that when I buy the damn thing it's gonna be bundled. I'll continue waiting.

rogue legacy isnt even worth 50c

I listened to gaf hype on that game.

first mistake. last mistake.
I loved, adored Spelunky. Sunk dozens of hours into it and the more I put in, the more I got out of it. After I hit a wall at reaching the true end, I gave Rogue Legacy a try. Sadly all the still fresh muscle memory and 2D adaption of Spelunky made it feel off for me. Should give it a try someday again.

Ozium

I loved, adored Spelunky. Sunk dozens of hours into it and the more I put in, the more I got out of it. After I hit a wall at reaching the true end, I gave Rogue Legacy a try. Sadly all the still fresh muscle memory and 2D adaption of Spelunky made it feel off for me. Should give it a try someday again.

the physics are too floaty, they are garbage.

spelunky controls like a mario game, rogue legacy controls like a garbage indie 2d platformer

Tellaerin

the physics are too floaty, they are garbage.

spelunky controls like a mario game, rogue legacy controls like a garbage indie 2d platformer

Sounds like somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :p

Rogue Legacy's better than you're giving it credit for. I didn't think it was GOTY material like some people did that year, but it's definitely worth more than 50 cents. :p

Khronico

Rogue Legacy is pretty fun.

It was much more enjoyable once I figured out I could upgrade my armor and weapons.

Took me 2hrs to find this out

Ozium

Sounds like somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :p

Rogue Legacy's better than you're giving it credit for. I didn't think it was GOTY material like some people did that year, but it's definitely worth more than 50 cents. :p

its only worth is the value generated by its card sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom