• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Spelunky a bit more because in Rogue Legacy the 4 stages and most enemies all look pretty similar. Needs more variety for a roguelike IMO.

Adnor

Banned
Rogue Legacy doesn't have any Roguelike elements besides random level generation (and it's just random room placement really) so I dislike the name.

tmarg

Sounds like somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :p

Rogue Legacy's better than you're giving it credit for. I didn't think it was GOTY material like some people did that year, but it's definitely worth more than 50 cents. :p

RL started with spelunky, stripped out anything that was even remotely similar to rogue (making the game significantly worse in the process), and then added rogue to the title just to confuse people. In the meantime, the basic gameplay is worse than other games in the genre. It's not worth the time you spend playing it, let alone 50 cents.

Phawx

Damn. People are pretty harsh on RL. I think the game is good just that the upgrade curve needs to tweaked.

gelf

I loved both Rogue Legacy and Spelunky. Both completely hooked me in different ways. And as is usual when there are floaty jump complaints with a platformer I didn't even notice a problem with them.

Kagemusha

The only thing that made me stop playing RL was the fact that I'm terrible at dodging projectiles. I'm sure if I had the reflexes I'd love it. Still, SotN and countless other games have better music, level and enemy design. Not sure it deserves hate. It's an okay 360 arcade game.

Rogue Legacy chat: bought it cheap, couldn't see what the fuss was about, tried it again when it was on PS+, still didn't see what the fuss was about. *shrug*

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If I had guts I would Stallion Free the entire lot. But I am weak.

u7NIx28.gif

cyba89

Back in my day people tried to get a bigger game count, not a smaller one.

But that was getting pretty unattractive since you can get around five free games for following Instagram accounts or facebook groups every day and bundles with 18 flashgame-tier Steam keys for $0.49 exist.

No one wants to dig through all that crap when looking for a game to play.

Drunk bought Dangerous Golf and then looked at the reviews. Gulp.

Maybe I'll finally use the refund system, lol. Eurogamer really liked it at least.

tuxfool

Banned
Some spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for tuxfool:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-AFEE338A1295BC87 - Taken by fspm. 24 entrants total.
Read Only Memories -- MB-9F4D0E3975082209 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total. - Taken by Delicious Waffles. 3 entrants total.

t1465178683z1.png

Phawx

It's more a problem of "it's just a pain in the ass to even see what's in my library in big picture given that half the games I own are just stuff I would literally never ever consider playing."

oooo, I don't use BPmode. I should see how things are displayed there.

Volimar

I finally started Rocket League.

I'm already dead, aren't I?

I'm completely awful. And just when I'm crawling out of the lowest possible rank, I get paired with people who would rather just hit the ball really hard than try to score. Or people who literally goal tend for the other team.

grumblegrumblegrumble

Dangerous Golf seems like a pretty bad game. Any fun to be had is tarnished by the terrible performance when anything neat happens and just how fucking slow it is to do anything. Load times are long, you have to hit a 3 times after restarting, and there's so much to sort through after finishing a round.

IQ is awful at 1440P and max settings too.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, people turned hard on Rogue Legacy? I really liked that game when I played it. Had tons of fun with it, no idea what the haters are on about.

Lomax

Damn, people turned hard on Rogue Legacy? I really liked that game when I played it. Had tons of fun with it, no idea what the haters are on about.

It's just an echo chamber that happens to basically every game good or bad. This is SteamGaf, everything you like sucks and your opinions are wrong. The people who don't like things that are generally popular like supporting other people with similar opinions.

Dangerous Golf seems like a pretty bad game. Any fun to be had is tarnished by the terrible performance when anything neat happens and just how fucking slow it is to do anything. Load times are long, you have to hit a 3 times after restarting, and there's so much to sort through after finishing a round.

IQ is awful at 1440P and max settings too.

Real disappointing to hear, I loved Criterion.

Khronico

Been thinking about replaying the ME series so I jumped into ME1.

Boy, Mass Effect 1 is a ROUGH game to try and go back to. The gameplay is kinda total trash. I loved it back when I played it a year ago on PS3 but I don't think I can stomach the combat enough to do a full replay. Kinda sucks because it's probably my favorite of the series in terms of the story.

fenners

Been thinking about replaying the ME series so I jumped into ME1.

Boy, Mass Effect 1 is a ROUGH game to try and go back to. The gameplay is kinda total trash. I loved it back when I played it a year ago on PS3 but I don't think I can stomach the combat enough to do a full replay. Kinda sucks because it's probably my favorite of the series in terms of the story.

I had to play through it on easy to get through the combat/chore of it as fast as I could to reach ME2. Love the story, love the characters, but it's definitely a 'first guess' at what the series would become.

Khronico

I had to play through it on easy to get through the combat/chore of it as fast as I could to reach ME2. Love the story, love the characters, but it's definitely a 'first guess' at what the series would become.

My preferred class is soldier so it's even rougher in the first game since I'm just shooting dudes all the time.

yes, you heard that right, I prefer playing soldier

mp1990

Banned
I loved, adored Spelunky. Sunk dozens of hours into it and the more I put in, the more I got out of it. After I hit a wall at reaching the true end, I gave Rogue Legacy a try. Sadly all the still fresh muscle memory and 2D adaption of Spelunky made it feel off for me. Should give it a try someday again.
Funny thing is, the complete opposite happened to me. I had the time of my life with Rogue Legacy, and just after beating it I jumped straight away into Spelunky, and... boy I couldn't stand it for more than 5 minutes. I'm not big into pure 2D platformers, but even I got surprised on how quickly I dropped it. I'm probably on the minority side of this though, as I have another friend who, like you, didn't enjoy RL either.

wilflare

I just redeemed South Park: Stick of Truth from the April Humble Monthly.
It says "South Park: The Stick of Truth (AU)" - any idea why?
I'm not in AU :/

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Hey GAF, home alone this weekend with my twins so nowhere to go tonight and nothing to do but play Overwatch. Any good deals out there? Nothing really exciting on Steam, what am I missing?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hey GAF, home alone this weekend with my twins so nowhere to go tonight and nothing to do but play Overwatch. Any good deals out there? Nothing really exciting on Steam, what am I missing?
Of the top of my head, some Japanese games have come out... Square Enix's I Am Setsuna, Onechanbara Z2 Chaos, and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. I Am Setsuna apparently reminds people of PS1 RPGs, so that seems promising. The other two are probably things you shouldn't look at when your kids are around, lol.

Not sure what your specific tastes are though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom