• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I still enjoy Rogue Legacy and still believe it's quality has held up for the type of game it is (e.g., not Spelunky nor a "rogue like meaning just like Rogue"), both as a game to just play to constantly level up or as a game where a few runes discovered, it can be a quest of skill improvement only with no grinding needed to beat.

I didn't vote for it as Game of the Year though.

The resolution lock in Onechanbara Z2 Chaos is a big disappointment, it probably means that Earth Defense Force 4.1 will have it as well.

Of all things, I'm still amazed that resolution lock is a thing with PC ports. So basic to get around in development.

Sch1sm

Been thinking about replaying the ME series so I jumped into ME1.

Boy, Mass Effect 1 is a ROUGH game to try and go back to. The gameplay is kinda total trash. I loved it back when I played it a year ago on PS3 but I don't think I can stomach the combat enough to do a full replay. Kinda sucks because it's probably my favorite of the series in terms of the story.

I can't go back. I tried once, but I've resigned to ignoring 1's existence as a game and starting at ME2 every time now after watching a letsplay of the first title. Can't deal with those mechanics, tried and failed twice earlier this year.

I finally started Rocket League.

I'm already dead, aren't I?

Another one lost. Soulflarz and Salsa will be pleased, at least.

steamgaf really likes 180 turns
when I wasn't particularly enjoying Rogue Legacy, everybody liked it so much it became GOTY, fast forward two years - everybody hates it.

I wonder when Life is Strange hate will hit us.

I hated Rogue Legacy from the start and was given so much shit, haha. The genre isn't for me, I later realised. Very few rogue likes I've managed to get through in its entirety.

After the ending of LiS S1, I don't think the hate will hit - not totally. That one bad ending sorta humbled everyone on the LiS is the Holy Grail of episodic titles train.

I don't see anyone hating Tales From The Borderlands so far.

Too many other Telltale titles to hate first, to be fair.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Mass Effect 1 has a cheat gun you can enable that lets you kill everything in a shot. It was sort of bittersweet to discover I liked the game a lot better that way. Then again, I remember being pretty disappointed with how broken the game was on release. I remember trying to replay it on Hard or Insane and rage quitting because it just wasn't fun.

yuraya

when I wasn't particularly enjoying Rogue Legacy, everybody liked it so much it became GOTY, fast forward two years - everybody hates it.

I'm one of the few people from around these parts who has yet to play Life is Strange.

Feels very strange to be different.

tumblr_mrboikCKy51qd8ysxo5_250.gif

Also Rogue Legacy is a great game. Its not better than Spelunky sure..but as far as Indie games go its a masterpiece in design, difficulty and sound. Put over 40 hours into it with no regrets.

zkylon

zkylewd
got a few friend requests on overwatch today, then one of the ppl that joined in my game started going like "you guys are terrible" or something and i had to kick them

i don't like that kind of stuff but i hate people like that that just bring you down

i also feel overwhelmed with POWER

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I do wish they would remake Mass Effect 1. Just the game play, not the story.

That way I can enjoyed playing the game for it's game play, while pretending 1 is the only story in the franchise. I imagine the end villain was just the last of it's species, but too senile to realise it. Which would make Shepard's "we'll be ready" hilarious.

Pixieking

Banned

That way I can enjoyed playing the game for it's game play, while pretending 1 is the only story in the franchise. I imagine the end villain was just the last of it's species, but too senile to realise it. Which would make Shepard's "we'll be ready" hilarious.

I can see the tagline now: "Mass Effect 1 HD - It's like "Waiting for Godot", but with aliens!"

zkylon

zkylewd

that'd be a nice game to remake, actually

i'm still hoping andromeda will be awesome

Nillansan

Of all things, I'm still amazed that resolution lock is a thing with PC ports. So basic to get around in development.

It is really unfortunate. I would like to have the option of down-sampling or at the very least play a game in my monitor's native resolution.

Ozium

Life is Strange hate hit when Episode 5 hit.

Mr. Doop

People hate Rogue Legacy? That makes me a little sad. It's not perfect, but it is incredibly fun.

Arthea

wingamestore has a bundle again - Merge Bundle

Pay $1 to get:

Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
Enforcer: Police Crime Action
Movie Studio Boss: The Sequel

Beat the average (Currently $3.23) and also get:

Solar Flux
Battle Group 2
Monster Truck Destruction
Funk of Titans
E.T. Armies (gives a gift too)

http://www.wingamestore.com/pay-what-you-want/

Life is Strange hate hit when Episode 5 hit.

I thought it was just slight disturbance in the force, as it still almost won steamgaf goty

Nillansan

I got tired of Rogue Legacy after a few runs, to me it just felt like an endless grind. Also, the controls were not tight enough for the platforming aspect of the game. Back then I also did mention that the game would not make it on my GOTY list, which a number of regulars found perplexing.

Arthea

I got tired of Rogue Legacy after a few runs, to me it just felt like an endless grind. Also, the controls were not tight enough for the platforming aspect of the game. Back then I also did mention that the game would not make it on my GOTY list, which a number of regulars found perplexing.

Ya, I dropped it also pretty soon, I actually really liked idea of generations and stuff, it just that I disliked everything else.
Then again, it's not exactly my type of a game, so I don't judge those who voted for it. It was just an observation.

Although, I'm really curious how LiS will be perceived in couple of years, as it is also far from perfection.

Undertale would be hit by a perception 180 before LiS--like an early warning system. So, probably around the release of Life is Strange 2 in 20XX.

I was in Undertale hate camp from day one, so ahead of time!

I don't really hate it, it's OK, not the best thing under the sun tho

xist

I can't go back. I tried once, but I've resigned to ignoring 1's existence as a game and starting at ME2 every time now after watching a letsplay of the first title. Can't deal with those mechanics, tried and failed twice earlier this year.

Gulp, I've just bought the Trilogy from Amazon.....hopefully since I have never played any of the games I'll make it through...

Arthea

Gulp, I've just bought the Trilogy from Amazon.....hopefully since I have never played any of the games I'll make it through...

ya, if you haven't played any yet, you'll be fine most likely

I also can't imagine myself getting back to ME ever, very much one time games, considering how flawed all are in different ways.

The Division is getting fucking hammered by the Steam recent reviews. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. 13% positive reviews out of 4k wtf lmao. Even Arkham Knight was like at 27% around the time it was taken off the store page.

Ubisoft must be very relieved they managed to squeeze all the money from people before the game game and community went to shit.

I'm kinda amazed that steam folk stood up against no content release, as Destiny for example, totally got away with it.
In case that's why Novision is getting bad reviews.

yuraya

The Division is getting fucking hammered by the Steam recent reviews. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. 13% positive reviews out of 4k wtf lmao. Even Arkham Knight was like at 27% around the time it was taken off the store page.

Ubisoft must be very relieved they managed to squeeze all the money from people before the game game and community went to shit.

Nillansan

Someone in this thread mentioned that the development team managed to break something new with each update.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Maybe some update thing, but to be honest there's groups on Steam that actively try to slam games on Steam. This could very well be a group movement. There's a few games that I know got effected by it, the one off the top being Killing Floor 2, a group of hundreds who write negative reviews, thumbs up negative reviews, thumbs down positive ones, etc. And know they have some Steam Group to bring attention to new games that fall under their radar to 'take action' against.

Ruruja

I put over 40 hours into it and loved it - the setting and even the story, but once you reach the end there's not really any purpose in continuing to play the game and I haven't touched it since.

Unless you enjoy glitches and grinding for better weapons for no real reason then it's kind of a dead game once you've finished the story.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PIRATED PIRATES -- MB-FF13CD08A0DBD5BD - Taken by ussjtrunks
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-D422CD754AABB0CA - Taken by Purkake4

Nillansan

So I went ahead and tweeted the publisher of Onechanbara Z2 Chaos, D3 Publisher, regarding the resolution lock (the actual developer, Tamsoft, doesn't seem to have a Twitter account).

@D3_PUBLISHER Any chance of supporting resolutions above 1080P for the PC version of Onechanbara Z2 Chaos (such as 1440P, 2160P and above)?

I don't expect them to reply, but here is a direct link to my tweet, go right ahead re-tweet if any of you feel like it. It's worth a try I guess.

yuraya

Maybe some update thing, but to be honest there's groups on Steam that actively try to slam games on Steam. This could very well be a group movement. There's a few games that I know got effected by it, the one off the top being Killing Floor 2, a group of hundreds who write negative reviews, thumbs up negative reviews, thumbs down positive ones, etc. And know they have some Steam Group to bring attention to new games that fall under their radar to 'take action' against.

I don't know..I mean I understand some game Jim Sterling makes fun of for ripping assets or somethin but this just seems very crazy. Full priced AAA game too. Even if there is some group who are ripping the game apart and getting refunds. I don't know if review still stays after getting refund. Just seems crazy all around. Ubisoft usually gets deducted some review points for being Ubisoft but this is just very extreme.

If they release The Division 2 without fixing wtvr issues that will probably have the most toxic community ever. Very embarrassing all around.

AHA-Lambda

RDR is overrated. It's good, but not a masterpiece.

Totally agreed, most overrated game for me next to TLOU

Mr Caffeine still gives me nightmares

Still better than Aisha Tyler

I actually liked Joel McHale, that co-hosted the Spike VGAs one time. He just played his role as "Jeff". Afaik he also hosted one E3 conference.

Somehow a lot of people hated him.

Loved that show, Joel didn't give a damn and it was glorious XD

Nordicus

My advice, pick the Adept class when playing the first game. Then you'll do less shooting, and more messing with enemy ragdolls as you summon black holes to set enemies and their box cover into small orbit whacking each other. If you're gonna have jank, might as well be overpowered hilarious jank

r3n4ud

Dead by Daylight is really fun but it seems like the sort of thing that will die two weeks after release.
I don't see it having legs either. From the few matches I played, I wasn't that impressed. Then again, it was only one map.

I don't see the game having much depth. Was going to pick it up day one, but think I'll pass for now.

Digital Foundry made a really great retro video on Shenmue. It's different than their usual output since they talk about the game, the time when it came out, the innovations it brought. Really great watch. Makes me want to play it on PC right away almost.

DF Retro: Shenmue - A Game Ahead Of Its Time

But it's a CW show.
It has its love-drama moments but overall it's really a nice light-hearted crime show. Enjoyed Season 2 even more than the first. All characters are done well enough even those who started bland. Don't expect anything deep or meaningful though. It's a fun romp.
Funny thing is, the complete opposite happened to me. I had the time of my life with Rogue Legacy, and just after beating it I jumped straight away into Spelunky, and... boy I couldn't stand it for more than 5 minutes. I'm not big into pure 2D platformers, but even I got surprised on how quickly I dropped it. I'm probably on the minority side of this though, as I have another friend who, like you, didn't enjoy RL either.
I understand you. Never meant to "hate" on Rogue Legacy just to note that going straight from Spelunky made it much harder to click. So I get how it can end up the other way like it did for you.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm cautiously optimistic for E3.
You guys have any (crazy or not) predictions you want to share?

I have one, a lot of games will be shown as exclusives but end up on PC in the end.
Got another safe one, Dishonored 2 gameplay trailer (Which I really look forward to)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm cautiously optimistic for E3.
You guys have any (crazy or not) predictions you want to share?

I have one, a lot of games will be shown as exclusives but end up on PC in the end.
Got another safe one, Dishonored 2 gameplay trailer (Which I really look forward to)

We might actually see the first big budget multiplatform VR games, which could be interesting. Or we might not see anything compelling at all for VR, which would also be interesting.

Im one of those that was actually really into LiS until that ending. The more i think about the ending the more flaws i find in it that just annoy me. So ill say this, LiS ep 1-4 are good, especially the first 2. Episode 5 is shit and poisons the other 4 eps a little.

Jawmuncher

Had a dream that Phawx and Jshackles were in a "ultimate Team Fortess 2" beta and didn't tell anyone. However it was spelled like UltTeamFrtress. We found out because someone was posting pics of pages they found links too.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dynamite Alex -- MB-B49624787E51DB98 - Taken by voodooray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom